1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 21:19
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    btw here's Gilgamesh who certainly was not Nimrod.

" Lugalbanda, the shepherd, ruled for 1200 years. Dumuzid, the fisherman, whose city was Kuara, ruled for 100 (ms. TL has instead: 110) years. (ms. P3+BT14 adds🙂 He captured En-me-barage-si single-handed. Gilgamec, whose father was a phantom (?), the lord of Kulaba, ruled for 126 years. Ur-Nungal, ...[text shortened]... uled for 30 years."
    ....Sumerian Kings List....

Noah>>>Ham>>>>Cush>>> Nimrod..... Gen 10
    I don't get your point. If Gilgamesh's name got changed from Nimrod, why wouldn't the others follow? Remember, my claim is that the Epic of Gilgamesh is based on actual events in the Bible.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 21:20
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    You have me curious. In the days since I challenged you to pray for Hinn's removal from TBN, have you taken time to pray, "Lord, if it be thy will, remove the false prophets from Trinity Broadcasting"?

Nope. Haven't thought about it. I will now, though. But don't expect God to jump through hoops to fulfill MY request.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 21:22
    Originally posted by telerion
    Darfius you are obviously not filled with the Holy Spirit. Why do you reject God? The Holy Spirit is God you know.
    You're babbling. Benn Hinn is a false prophet. Please prove me wrong on this matter, utter than the incredibly stupid "Everyone who says they are a Christian is one" stance. If that was the case, everyone who said they are a wizard from the age of Zeplon is one.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 21:59
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I don't get your point. If Gilgamesh's name got changed from Nimrod, why wouldn't the others follow? Remember, my claim is that the Epic of Gilgamesh is based on actual events in the Bible.
    As with most other things you seem to have that backwards.
    The the epic of gilgamesh was written in stone ( well baked clay) probably 2000 years before Moses wrote the bible. Any similarities is any of the stories ( including Mose's and Sargon's baby boat rides) came from the Sumer to the bible and not the other way around.

5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:04
    was Cush a phantom?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:12
    You're babbling. Benn Hinn is a false prophet. Please prove me wrong on this matter, utter than the incredibly stupid "Everyone who says they are a Christian is one" stance. If that was the case, everyone who said they are a wizard from the age of Zeplon is one.
    I am the second coming of Jesus.

Prove me wrong.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:16
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I am the second coming of Jesus.

Prove me wrong.
    How did you get here?
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:17
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    As with most other things you seem to have that backwards.
    The the epic of gilgamesh was written in stone ( well baked clay) probably 2000 years before Moses wrote the bible. Any similarities is any of the stories ( including Mose's and Sargon's baby boat rides) came from the Sumer to the bible and not the other way around.

You're not following. I am saying the Epic of Gilgamesh is an earlier story about WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN HISTORY. However, theirs was a result of passing down the story from person to person rather than Moses' receiving it from God.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:20
    How did you get here?
    You don't think I have a computer? C'mon...I'm God!
  10. R.I.P.
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:213 edits
    Yes, because the rich man knew the truth but denied it. He also knew the consequences. You're asking for both free will and a disregard for that free will at once.

Decide which you want.
    One can never know something to be true until after the event. One can only speculate, and believe or not believe that speculation to be true. (edit note, there is one other option, which is to suspend speculation. ie keep an open mind, or wait & see what happens)

With regards to free will, it is not asking for it and then disregarding it. The rich man didn't ask for it, it was handed to him by god. So if we say that god then respects his wishes and send him to hell (as he is an unbeliever) then..

If god then takes away the mans free will, he would be unable to do anything for himself, he would be like a robot or computer carrying out or waiting for instructions. But we can reject this because of the luke passage as the original rich man clearly asked questions.

Maybe god instructed the rich man to ask the questions, but then this just makes the whole passage, PR or spin, god bending the truth ? one would have to ask why ? But I think we can rule this out because of the daftness of it.

So I think we can safely assume that the man still has free will. Which would mean that he would be able to change his mind. God therefore either respects this new will and follows his own teaching of forgiveness (which makes the doctrine about only being forgiven in this life incorrect) or he does not respect this new will, does not forgive the man (Thus not following his own teaching and making him a hypocrite).

If god is the supreme being he is unlikely to be a hypocrite, so it stands to reason that christian doctrine is wrong. There is an old saying which kind of confirms this it goes "to err is human to forgive divine".
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:29
    Nope. Haven't thought about it. I will now, though. But don't expect God to jump through hoops to fulfill MY request.
    Look, you and I both believe in prayer, but I would be willing to pay for a makeover for Jan Crouch.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Look, you and I both believe in prayer, but I would be willing to pay for a makeover for Jan Crouch.
    lol
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:37
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You don't think I have a computer? C'mon...I'm God!
    Wrong answer. Jesus said He would return in power and great glory and that every eye would see Him. Proved ya wrong.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:381 edit
    You're not following. I am saying the Epic of Gilgamesh is an earlier story about WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN HISTORY. However, theirs was a result of passing down the story from person to person rather than Moses' receiving it from God.
    The Sumerians, Akkadians, and Babylonians wrote their stuff down.
    They wrote it down !!!
    It's THEIR history!!!!
    it was passed down directly in WRITING,

Abraham and his people were from there , that story was passed down the way you said but inside that group ,thats how Mose's got it.
    edit ,,, cut space
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 22:41
    Wrong answer. Jesus said He would return in power and great glory and that every eye would see Him. Proved ya wrong.
    You spoke to Me? When did I tell you this? You must be referring to the Bible. The Bible may say I said that, but that is not proof that I said it. In addition, I may have lied. Or, maybe I do have power and great glory and every eye sees me. Do you have any idea who I am? Maybe I am George Bush. Maybe I am the Pope. Maybe I am Michael Jackson.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree