1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 19:37
    I know most Jehovah witnesses do not like to pray around non-Jehovah witnesses. But I would like for you guys to type out an example of how you pray, thanks
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 19:412 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I know most Jehovah witnesses do not like to pray around non-Jehovah witnesses. But I would like for you guys to type out an example of how you pray, thanks
    exactly as Jesus specified,

(Matthew 6:5-8) “Also, when you pray, you must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to you, They are having their reward in full. You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. So, do not make yourselves like them, for God your Father knows what things you are needing before ever you ask him.

and you are mistaken about us praying around non Jehovahs witnesses but what I suspect you take as an aversion to praying is actually an aversion to interfaith.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 19:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    exactly as Jesus specified,

(Matthew 6:5-8) “Also, when you pray, you must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to you, They are having their reward in full. [b]You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting ...[text shortened]... ses but what I suspect you take as an aversion to praying is actually an aversion to interfaith.
    Cool now given example thanks.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 19:46
    Cool now given example thanks.
    ok,

I go into a private room and after shutting the door, I bow my head and pray to the Father.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '13 20:371 edit
    and you are mistaken about us praying around non Jehovahs witnesses but what I suspect you take as an aversion to praying is actually an aversion to interfaith.
    Or, in other words, aversion to showing love for your Christian brothers. No wonder this one commandment of Jesus' holds no value for you. What, do you think he was kidding?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:23
    ok,

I go into a private room and after shutting the door, I bow my head and pray to the Father.
    It's okay I found an example online and on YouTube.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Or, in other words, aversion to showing love for your Christian brothers. No wonder this one commandment of Jesus' holds no value for you. What, do you think he was kidding?
    If a crazed evangelical were to ask me, on his doorstep, to get down with him and pray to Jesus i would refuse. It has nothing to do with lack of love, but purity of worship, but if course you did not understand that when you made the accusation. I reserve the right to keep my faith free from idolatry. Praying to a created entity rather than the father is an act of idolatry. I resent your tone and i resent your accusations. We are the ones doing the work of teaching and preaching the Good news of Gods Kingdom from house to house after the manner of the apostles in an act which demonstrates love to persons who rarely reciprocate that love.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:31
    ok,

Cum on give example of what you say. See I told you Jehovah witnesses don't like to pray around others or help people understand.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:311 edit
    It's okay I found an example online and on YouTube.
    wow youtube, that spiritual Aladdins cave of goodies. where do you get your News, Fox?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:331 edit
    Cum on give example of what you say. See I told you Jehovah witnesses don't like to pray around others or help people understand.
    when was the last time you went from house to those with the Good News of Gods Kingdom? last year we spent more than a billion hours doing just that, please tell the forum why it is you are saying we dont help people to understand? What do you think those hundreds of thousands of free home Bible studies were about? Come on, do tell!

Sorry my prayers are private, between me and my God, did Jesus not make that plain enough for you?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:42
    when was the last time you went from house to those with the Good News of Gods Kingdom? last year we spent more than a billion hours doing just that, please tell the forum why it is you are saying we dont help people to understand? What do you think those hundreds of thousands of free home Bible studies were about? Come on, do tell!

Sorry my prayers are private, between me and my God, did Jesus not make that plain enough for you?
    See so you don't want me to understand how to pray then? Then how do you expect me to come to faith in Jehovah? Unsaved fool.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 21:571 edit
    See so you don't want me to understand how to pray then? Then how do you expect me to come to faith in Jehovah? Unsaved fool.
    I have already told you how I pray, what the content of my prayers are is none of your business. You can request a free home Bible study if you want to learn about the teachings of the Bible.

Here is a Christian teaching that you might want to consider,

(Matthew 5:22) whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Gehenna.

see you have learned something already now all you need to do is apply it, something you cannot pay a pastor to do for you I am afraid.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 22:001 edit
    I have already told you how I pray, what the content of my prayers are is none of your business. You can request a free home Bible study if you want to learn about the teachings of the Bible.

Here is a Christian teaching that you might want to consider,

(Matthew 5:22) whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery G ...[text shortened]... now all you need to do is apply it, something you cannot pay a pastor to do for you I am afraid.
    My name is already been written in the book, so I've been saved of my sins.
    So there is a hell, I thought Jehovah witnesses didn't believe in hell so why even bring it up.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 May '13 22:06

Doing God's work going door-to-door doesn't save you. It's the finished work on the cross that saves you.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '13 22:11
    My name is already been written in the book, so I've been saved of my sins.
    yeah sure you have. What you in fact do is impale the Christ again for a second time submitting him to public humiliation because you think you have a license to sin with impunity. There is no more sacrifice left for you. You have trampled upon it and treated it with contempt because of your saved status. Why do you hate Jesus so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree