1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    23 Jun '07 01:14
    posting in this forum believe that the bible is the Word of God?
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Jun '07 01:37
    I do, but we only have copies, and they are corrupted. However, I believe one can get back close to the originals, by research, much study, inluding knowing the cultures at the times they were written, etc....but all in all, I believe anyone can get themselves "born again" even in it's present state.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    23 Jun '07 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    posting in this forum believe that the bible is the Word of God?
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    23 Jun '07 01:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I do, but we only have copies, and they are corrupted. However, I believe one can get back close to the originals, by research, much study, inluding knowing the cultures at the times they were written, etc....but all in all, I believe anyone can get themselves "born again" even in it's present state.
    Bull manure!

    but all in all, I believe anyone can get themselves "born again" even in it's present state.

    You can't see what's wrong with this statement?

    I suppose you think man has something to do with getting "born again".
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Jun '07 02:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Bull manure!

    but all in all, I believe anyone can get themselves "born again" even in it's present state.

    You can't see what's wrong with this statement?

    I suppose you think man has something to do with getting "born again".
    No. What I am saying is enough of God's word is still there to do it's job. No, man has nothing to do with the new birth.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    23 Jun '07 02:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No. What I am saying is enough of God's word is still there to do it's job. No, man has nothing to do with the new birth.
    Wait! Man has nothing to do with it? At all? So an atheist can be "born again" against his will? A devout Muslim can be born again and not even know it? I must disagree with you on this. It seems to me that unless a person has predisposed himself or herself to receiving the Holy Spirit and is willing to be reborn, there can be no rebirth. I welcome your showing me where I'm in error.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    23 Jun '07 13:46
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Wait! Man has nothing to do with it? At all? So an atheist can be "born again" against his will? A devout Muslim can be born again and not even know it? I must disagree with you on this. It seems to me that unless a person has predisposed himself or herself to receiving the Holy Spirit and is willing to be reborn, there can be no rebirth. I welcome your showing me where I'm in error.
    Alright, man has one thing to do....believe.....
Back to Top