1. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 06:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Their would only be one God because the strongs one would kill or make the others worship him.
    It sounds like you believe that it is a necessary property of gods that they are egomaniacs. I have never got why Christians and other theists take it as a given that a god would want to be worshiped. When questioned they tend turn it around into 'well its us that need to worship Him'.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Apr '09 19:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It sounds like you believe that it is a necessary property of gods that they are egomaniacs. I have never got why Christians and other theists take it as a given that a god would want to be worshiped. When questioned they tend turn it around into 'well its us that need to worship Him'.
    I have never got why Christians and other theists take it as a given that a god would want to be worshiped.

You cannot 'get' what you do not understand.

God wants to be worshipped because it is the only legitimate response to His glory. Anything less than absolute adoration is a lie.
  3. Joined
    01 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 03:49
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Most theists believe in 1 god. If one god is possible, why not two , or a thousand? (Or none). Please no malarky about Jesus.
    None
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 06:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then why is the christian god afraid of the others, if they're not alive?
    he's not
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Apr '09 06:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You cannot 'get' what you do not understand.

God wants to be worshipped because it is the only legitimate response to His glory. Anything less than absolute adoration is a lie.
    I still do not understand it.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 11:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I still do not understand it.
    The physical worlds lacks anything remotely similar with which to compare God's glory. I suppose a case could be made for the grandeur of nature, or for the rapturous exchange between lovers but even these fall far short of importing the wonder that is the glory of God.

God is the be-all, the end-all, the centerpiece of all creation. His glory is such that anything less than absolute worship is an insult.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 12:04
    he's not
    Then why does he feel a thread of other gods? Why forbid any contact to other gods if he is not afraid of them?

But I am glad that you admit that there are other gods.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 23:27
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The physical worlds lacks anything remotely similar with which to compare God's glory. I suppose a case could be made for the grandeur of nature, or for the rapturous exchange between lovers but even these fall far short of importing the wonder that is the glory of God.

God is the be-all, the end-all, the centerpiece of all creation. His glory is such that anything less than absolute worship is an insult.
    Platitudes.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Apr '09 23:451 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then why does he feel a thread of other gods? Why forbid any contact to other gods if he is not afraid of them?

But I am glad that you admit that there are other gods.
    He want to have a relationship with His creation. That is way he wants all other gods destroyed.

The Bible says that there are other gods.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '09 05:04
    He want to have a relationship with His creation. That is way he wants all other gods destroyed.

The Bible says that there are other gods.
    You seem to be of the same opinion as I: There *are* actually other gods.

Furthermore - you seem share my opinion that god is *not* allmighty. Because if he is, then he wouldn't have any problems with the other gods. He has, therefore he has not so much power as he says he has.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Apr '09 12:28
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Platitudes.
    Only for those without ears to hear, I suppose.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 21:59
    Only One God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree