1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 23:36
    I know Job lived at least 140 years, but what is the best guess as to how old he was when he died? The estimates I have read average that he was about 200 years old is when he died.

"After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations." Job 42:16-17
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 02:10
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I know Job lived at least 140 years, but what is the best guess as to how old he was when he died? The estimates I have read average that he was about 200 years old is when he died.

"After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations." Job 42:16-17
    I thought you said 'Jobs.'
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 08:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I thought you said 'Jobs.'
    Ha, that's a funny and sad reading. Indeed, many jobs have died.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 00:38
    Ha, that's a funny and sad reading. Indeed, many jobs have died.
    No, Steve Jobs. That's what I thought this thread was going to be about.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 12:46

Believing something and knowing something are not the same.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, Steve Jobs. That's what I thought this thread was going to be about.
    Oh ok. No, was talking about one of the old dudes in the Bible.

A better question than my OP might be is are there biblical literalists here on the forum who believe that those really-old people mentioned in the Bible lived to the mythical ages described, For example that Job lived almost 200 years (or that Noah lived 900+ years, etc.). And if so, do they believe these impossible extraordinary ages of people based on blind faith or is there science to support the belief.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 20:35

A better question than my OP might be is are there biblical literalists here on the forum who believe that those really-old people mentioned in the Bible lived to the mythical ages described, For example that Job lived almost 200 years (or that Noah lived 900+ years, etc.). And if so, do ...[text shortened]... ble extraordinary ages of people based on blind faith or is there science to support the belief.
    I think it safe to say you can forget the science part. All pure BS.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 22:03

A better question than my OP might be is are there biblical literalists here on the forum who believe that those really-old people mentioned in the Bible lived to the mythical ages described, For example that Job lived almost 200 years (or that Noah lived 900+ years, etc.). And if so, do ...[text shortened]... ble extraordinary ages of people based on blind faith or is there science to support the belief.
    These extra long lives were for people that were born and lived before the flood
    of Noah's day. There are scientific theories by creation scientists that the water
    above the firmament in heaven provided the right conditions on earth that
    promoted these long lives due to the protection it provided. There is no
    absolute scientific proof because we can't go back in time to determine what
    these conditions were and what effect they had on the life forms.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 22:561 edit
    This is another crazy religious quandry.

Science tells us that we are living longer and longer, however, (according to RJ) , before the flood people lived to be upto 900 years old !

The flood is supposed to have happened 3000 years ago (according to RJ) , so surely it would not be that hard to trace back scientifically and also historically.

Perhaps there were two different kinds of people. The regular , dumb-ass kind and "Gods" elitists, who were so endowed with the life giving power of the holy spirit, that they lived for ages.
    Still if you were Job, and lived say 200 years, way longer than the dumb-asses who were living 30-40 years, you'd still be a bit pissed off that some others got to be 6-7-8 or even 900!! Wow.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 23:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

Science tells us that we are living longer and longer, however, (according to RJ) , before the flood people lived to be upto 900 years old !

The flood is supposed to have happened 3000 years ago (according to RJ) , so surely it would not be that hard to trace back scientifically and also historically.

P ...[text shortened]... 40 years, you'd still be a bit pissed off that some others got to be 6-7-8 or even 900!! Wow.
    Ya I had understood that the life expectancy back then was only like 30 years.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 23:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

P ...[text shortened]... 40 years, you'd still be a bit pissed off that some others got to be 6-7-8 or even 900!! Wow.
    http://www.nwcreation.net/antediluviancivilizations.html

http://davelivingston.com/universalflood.htm
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 23:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    These extra long lives were for people that were born and lived before the flood
    of Noah's day. There are scientific theories by creation scientists that the water
    above the firmament in heaven provided the right conditions on earth that
    promoted these long lives due to the protection it provided. There is no
    absolute scientific proof because we can't ...[text shortened]... k in time to determine what
    these conditions were and what effect they had on the life forms.
    And I bet those theories have been peer reviewed and printed in real scientific journals, right? With evidence of course.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '12 01:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And I bet those theories have been peer reviewed and printed in real scientific journals, right? With evidence of course.
    These scientific journals you speak of are a joke. If you know the right
    people any scientist can get his theory published and peer reviewed
    without evidence.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    21 Feb '12 18:421 edit
    These scientific journals you speak of are a joke. If you know the right
    people any scientist can get his theory published and peer reviewed
    without evidence.
    That's just not true. If a scientist publishes a bunch of crap his reputation would be destroyed and he would become a laughing stock both in his field and in all even tenuously related fields.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 00:321 edit
    http://www.nwcreation.net/antediluviancivilizations.html

http://davelivingston.com/universalflood.htm
    Just a quick read of that first link does indeed seem to infer that there were the "Nephilim" , who lived way longer than "average humans", before the supposed global flood .

so again, do you think that in antidiluvian times there were 2 different kinds of humans?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree