1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 03:35
    Originally posted by jammer
    I figure God's in all of 'em, so when I feel like going to church, i'll go to any church I see .. no matter.
    I leave when they start yelling the fire and brimstone BS though.
    Do you hang around long enough to hear about God's love for you?
  2. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 06:19
    Originally posted by reader1107
    I learn more about a church by entering it and experiencing a Sunday. What are the people like? Did anyone say hello? Do they come in late (large numbers of them)? Do they rush out the door and leave as soon as it's over, or sooner? Do they sing like they're afraid to wake Jesus up, or like they're at a funeral? Is the congregation multiracial? Are ...[text shortened]... adership? Is the church service itself the only avenue of fellowship and spiritual growth?
    Yes, I agree with all of this. Even the pastor knows the 'right' answers, what's actually happening in the church is more important.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 06:21
    I figure God's in all of 'em, so when I feel like going to church, i'll go to any church I see .. no matter.
    I leave when they start yelling the fire and brimstone BS though.
    thats the most important part jk
  4. CA, USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 12:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    Do you hang around long enough to hear about God's love for you?
    I do.
    That part isn't real important to me though, I realized a long time ago I was blessed.

I like the Catholic midnight mass on Christmas; on Easter I like the sunrise service on the beach near where I live.
    I'm curious about all of 'em though and have no problem attending any church. I have not been to a Mosque or Jewish Temple yet but would go if I felt comfortable. An invite by a member would bring me in to visit.

I'm sure God loves me or i'd have been lightening struck a long time ago
    I like the Buddist Temple In L.A. the best.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 16:141 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Your wrong.

Becasue Jesus says to go out and save the world. Although he is the one that saves.
    Jesus also gave people who were with sin a chance to repent. Your ideal church seems to be for those already saved and that sinners looking to be saved are only allowed to sit at the back. You're wierd.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 22:34
    I do.
    That part isn't real important to me though, I realized a long time ago I was blessed.

I like the Catholic midnight mass on Christmas; on Easter I like the sunrise service on the beach near where I live.
    I'm curious about all of 'em though and have no problem attending any church. I have not been to a Mosque or Jewish Temple yet but would go if I f ...[text shortened]... 'd have been lightening struck a long time ago
    I like the Buddist Temple In L.A. the best.
    I dabbled with Buddism for awhile in the early 70's. I like the philosophy of it. The teachings and meditations are peaceful. But I didn't find the answers I was looking for.

I'm originally from San Diego, and lived in Riverside in the mid 70's and again in the mid 80's. Went back out there 2 years ago on vacation; what a mess. No? I especially like Idllwild. Spent alot of time there. Have you been there?
  7. CA, USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 01:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    I dabbled with Buddism for awhile in the early 70's. I like the philosophy of it. The teachings and meditations are peaceful. But I didn't find the answers I was looking for.

I'm originally from San Diego, and lived in Riverside in the mid 70's and again in the mid 80's. Went back out there 2 years ago on vacation; what a mess. No? I especially like Idllwild. Spent alot of time there. Have you been there?
    I've only spent one day at Idlwild .. in the spring, years ago, when it was in full bloom. I can see why you like it.
    I've been hooked to the Pacific since I first discovered it. If I couldn't live at the beach I wouldn't stay in Calif.
    I do a little yoga. I do a little Tai Chi, I jog some. I body surf a lot.
    I play a lot of poker .. life is good .. if you don't weaken.
  8. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 15:41
    Originally posted by Crita
    Why don't you just attend the church you feel God has called you to?

Worked for me.
    I feel God told me not to go to any church ever again. So far so good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree