1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '16 23:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well then your OP was a lie, as you know admit.
    Jesus said, "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you."
    John 15:18

"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved."
    Matthew 10:22

“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!"
    Luke 6:22

"You will be hated by all for my name's sake."
    Luke 21:17

The Apostle Peter said, "If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you."
    1 Peter 4:14
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 00:13
    The key to understanding the age of the earth

YouTube
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 17:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]The key to understanding the age of the earth

[youtube]RMUiilVIZB4[/youtube][/b]
    So let's for a moment say you are right, Earth is a few thousand years old. What would you change in the sciences if you were the science Czar?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 18:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So let's for a moment say you are right, Earth is a few thousand years old. What would you change in the sciences if you were the science Czar?
    Take out of the textbooks all these claims about millions and billions of years and no claim that something is older than 6,000 years. 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 20:13
    Take out of the textbooks all these claims about millions and billions of years and no claim that something is older than 6,000 years. 😏
    Can you tell me the exact science that would be on the chopping block? Would you have to ax math because it came up with the equations of half lives? Geology for sure would be out. No more geology Phd's then. Wouldn't you have to strip your buddy of his Geology Phd then?

Obviously, no more evolution, no more DNA studies, they point to humans traveling around the planet in the last 40 thousand years.

Mineralogy? Out with it. Nucleotide studies, AX that bitch. Uranium half life 3 billion years, OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

What else? Oh yeah, Astronomy, physicists who claim the speed of light is 300 million meters per second everywhere and every direction.

So what would you be left with? English as a second language, American, Asian, European middle ages history.

The creationist museum of course would get lots of new visitors.
    Ken Ham becomes a billionaire.

Sports become a REALLY big thing now that you can't do timing and such, no 4 minute mile any more since that can't really be measured accurately now that we know the true age of Earth.

Computers would still be allowed. I think, maybe having to turn in all your hard drives and flash drives to burn all the data about a 14 billion year old universe and give the HD back with the CORRECT data on it, namely a 6000 year old planet and don't you forget it, we will put you in prison if you spout such nonsense as a 4 billion year old Earth.

You will also be locked up for like if you dare take an astrophotograph and mark the age of the star in question.

So glass makers cannot make lenses that are designed to look up at the stars, now only maximum 2 degrees above the horizon will be the new rule.

Can you think of any other taboo's in your brave new world?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '16 23:51
    Can you tell me the exact science that would be on the chopping block? Would you have to ax math because it came up with the equations of half lives? Geology for sure would be out. No more geology Phd's then. Wouldn't you have to strip your buddy of his Geology Phd then?

Obviously, no more evolution, no more DNA studies, they point to humans traveling ar ...[text shortened]... he horizon will be the new rule.

Can you think of any other taboo's in your brave new world?
    Not all of that would have to be changed or removed, only the conclusions that the earth is much greater than 6,000 years old. We know that researchers have determined that the speed of light can be changed, so there is no need to change the speed of light we normally used in calculating Energy and Mass. That has nothing to do with calculating the age of the Earth, since we also recognize Einstein's Theory of Relativity as a useful idea.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 12:51
    Not all of that would have to be changed or removed, only the conclusions that the earth is much greater than 6,000 years old. We know that researchers have determined that the speed of light can be changed, so there is no need to change the speed of light we normally used in calculating Energy and Mass. That has nothing to do with calculating the age of the Earth, since we also recognize Einstein's Theory of Relativity as a useful idea.
    The speed of light in vacuum cannot be changed no matter how much you and your YEC buddies want it to change so you can twist science to your agenda.

The speed of light can in the labs be zero but that is well known and has nothing to do with the speed of light in vacuum, which has been and always will be 300 million meters per second, about.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '16 18:54
    How Old is the Earth?

YouTube
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 11:471 edit
    How Old is the Earth?

[youtube]hKGMqCqWpNc[/youtube]
    Totally disregarding all I said and back to form, unable to create words yourself except 'goddidit'.

You should really study the word 'articulate' since that is something lacking in your vocabulary.

You are about as articulate as a neandertaler, which may be an insult to that species.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 20:57
    Totally disregarding all I said and back to form, unable to create words yourself except 'goddidit'.

You should really study the word 'articulate' since that is something lacking in your vocabulary.

You are about as articulate as a neandertaler, which may be an insult to that species.
    I can imagine you must know all about a neandertaler.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 21:45
    I can imagine you must know all about a neandertaler.
    You don't for sure, since for you it is just a human with arthritis or some such rot.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:47
    You don't for sure, since for you it is just a human with arthritis or some such rot.
    You don't have arthritis? Maybe, it is time for another checkup by your doctor.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 23:51
    You don't have arthritis? Maybe, it is time for another checkup by your doctor.
    Actually I DON"T have arthritis or any other medical problem since I chose the right parents. My mom is 96 and going strong. I am still learning, something you cannot say. I am more creative musically now at 74 than I was at 54.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 00:23
    Actually I DON"T have arthritis or any other medical problem since I chose the right parents. My mom is 96 and going strong. I am still learning, something you cannot say. I am more creative musically now at 74 than I was at 54.
    Well, I hope you still have the time and ability to learn enough about the Creator and Savior of mankind to accept the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 11:54
    Well, I hope you still have the time and ability to learn enough about the Creator and Savior of mankind to accept the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
    I think we have been down that useless road before. Spare me your bullshyte.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree