1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 08:26
    Hello chess fans. It's been a few months since I dropped by to troll the forums, so I thought I'd see what was cooking. Much to my disappointment, and complete and utter lack of suprise, we continue to swirl around the toilet bowl of absurdity in the spirituality forums.

Since none of you theological monkeys can divine something entertaining to say beyond "You are a fool not to believe in God" and "You are an idiot to believe in God", please allow me to present you with something better.

It is a far better use of time to watch this than to argue here.

YouTube

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
  2. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 12:31
    That's not funny. And the youtube link is complete and utter rubbish.
  3. Earth
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Hello chess fans. It's been a few months since I dropped by to troll the forums, so I thought I'd see what was cooking. Much to my disappointment, and complete and utter lack of suprise, we continue to swirl around the toilet bowl of absurdity in the spirituality forums.

Since none of you theological monkeys can divine something entertaining to say bey be.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    Don't feel so superior. Your comments are just another TYPICAL variation on "You are fools for ...."
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 23:11

Since none of you theological monkeys can divine something entertaining to say bey ...[text shortened]... be.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    I like it here. I'm having fun. Sure it could be better, but I think we can do it. Be more optimistic.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 23:50

Since none of you theological monkeys can divine something entertaining to say bey ...[text shortened]... be.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    Nice to see you Omni, how've you been?
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 05:32

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    I have run across some of your prior posts, and I am glad to see you're back.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 06:15

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    Only a turd feels comfortable dropping into a toilet. Welcome back, brownie!
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 06:531 edit
    Originally posted by Lieutenant Fatman
    I thought the link was pretty tasty. Omnislash is just trying to make this forum a butter place for us all. Don't have a coronary about it. Don't let it harden your heart. Spread the love around! Let it grease the wheels of change!
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 22:19

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    your surprised to find talk of god in a spiritual forum..? try another one
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    your surprised to find talk of god in a spiritual forum..? try another one
    Actually, I was just musing over the fact that most of the discussions listed on the Spiritualily Forum really have very little to do with spirituality.

I see many titles which fall into mostly catagories of

Spoofs (Some form of lampoon or ridicule)

Science

Bible Trivia or some other form of trivia

Challenges to historicity of the Bible

Lots and lots of morality type issues

Anti - spirituality statements (like proclamations of Atheism of various kinds)

Philosophy

Then there are the discussions drawing attention to off beat and science fiction like concepts like space aliens and such.

I think a precious few discussions actually are centered or can remain centered on spirituality or spiritual experience.

I would really like to see some statistics on the frequency of posts from each contributer in conjuction with their core beliefs. I have a suspicion that the most active posters to the Spirituality Forum are probably antagonistic to the whole realm of spirituality.
  11. Gangster Land
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 19:17

Enjoy.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash
    This is the single greatest contribution to the spirituality forum in many moons! Thanks

TheSkipper
  12. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 19:33
    Originally posted by Lieutenant Fatman
    I thought it was almost funny. The blasphemous part was pretty bad, and that was the whole thing, so...
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Actually, I was just musing over the fact that most of the discussions listed on the Spiritualily Forum really have very little to do with spirituality.

I see many titles which fall into mostly catagories of

Spoofs (Some form of lampoon or ridicule)

Science

Bible Trivia or some other form of trivia

Challenges to historicity of the Bible ...[text shortened]... posters to the Spirituality Forum are probably antagonistic to the whole realm of spirituality.
    Actually, jaywill, I think your characterization is pretty accurate—especially the comment about morality.

On the other hand, people on here have had difficulty agreeing on an understanding of what “spirituality” actually entails. My friend Freaky once asserted that spirituality necessarily entails theism—which position automatically excludes, for example, nontheistic Taoists, Zen Buddhists and Advaita Vedantists, and possibly the more monistic streams within what are normally considered theistic expressions. At that point, Freaky and I are at (a friendly) impasse with regard to further discussions about spirituality per se, since I am a monist.

On the other other hand, I am quite able to set such questions aside in order to engage in a discussion of Christology, say, such as you and Nemesio and I had—though I sometimes have to remind people that I may read the religious symbology differently than they do. For example, I think that the foundational creedal statement of Judaism—shema yisrael YHVH eloheinu YHVH echad, pretty literally: “Hear O Israel, that-which/who-is, our god, that-which/who-is, is one!”—is a profound monistic (or at least panentheistic) statement, as do a great number of Jews (whether or not a majority, I can’t say). People sometimes are confused because I cross the religious-paradigm borders so readily—doing Hebrew midrash one day, talking about the logos tou theou the next, challenging the coherence of certain theistic claims the next, citing a Zen koan or the Tao Te Ching, arguing for the ultimate ineffability of the Whole besides which nothing is...

I’m currently working on trying to pull some of that patchwork together into a more-or-less cohesive quilt, in order to test it vis-à-vis some of the good arguers on here—until then, you get it pretty much piecemeal, though there are a few people on here who have a pretty good idea of what that patchwork quilt looks like, and how it has changed over time.

Rwingett once suggested that the word “spiritual” seemed to have lost whatever meaning it once may have had, in the course, perhaps, of acquiring too many disparate meanings. Interestingly, Protestant theologian Paul Tillich said pretty much the same thing way back in his Systematic Theology.

I do think that philosophy and the god versus no-god (and “faith versus science” ) arguments have a rightful place in this forum. Probably everything else that you cited does too. If I didn’t find it valuable to have my spiritual understandings challenged by theists and atheists alike, I wouldn’t be here. But in the whole mishmash, we sometimes are able to focus on spiritual understandings and concepts—lucifershammer and I, for example (not the only example), do often. So, I am not frustrated with it in any way.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 13:22
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Actually, jaywill, I think your characterization is pretty accurate—especially the comment about morality.

On the other hand, people on here have had difficulty agreeing on an understanding of what “spirituality” actually entails. My friend Freaky once asserted that spirituality necessarily entails theism—which position automatically excludes, for exampl ...[text shortened]... nd I, for example (not the only example), do often. So, I am not frustrated with it in any way.
    I think your posts are constructive and instructive.

Maybe they could have two Forums. Spirituality and Troll Spirituality.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 13:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think your posts are constructive and instructive.

Maybe they could have two Forums. Spirituality and Troll Spirituality.
    And one wonders why there are so many religions and denominations within a religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree