Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:40
    I would really like your thoughts on this:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/4000.htm

I'm convinced.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:45
    Keep in mind, this is an example of the esteem the author of the above article is held in:

http://www.yourchristianvoice.com/david-j-stewart-exposed.html#
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:59
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

I'm convinced.
    GOOD!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 05:32

I'm convinced.
    May I quote one sentence from your link:
    "Oh sure, some stubborn evolutionists are going to start talking about carbon-dating"

Do creationists deny carbon dating? How about other radiological datings?
    Radiological datings are based on our current atomic theory. Do creatioinsts denying the existance of atoms?

This link shows one crazy creationist. Is it a requirement to be crazy to be a creationist?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 07:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    May I quote one sentence from your link:
    "Oh sure, some stubborn evolutionists are going to start talking about carbon-dating"

Do creationists deny carbon dating? How about other radiological datings?
    Radiological datings are based on our current atomic theory. Do creatioinsts denying the existance of atoms?

This link shows one crazy creationist. Is it a requirement to be crazy to be a creationist?
    they say that carbon dating is flawed because the magic pixie fairy randomly makes radioactive isotopes dissapear and appear. so objects appear between several billions-several thousands years old. makes perfect sense.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 07:13

I'm convinced.
    i just realized i can do this as well.

only instead using the bible and support creationism i shall use the harry potter series to prove that wizards exist. and dragons. and everything you throw at me i shall label it stupid and claim that harry potter makes more sense.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 07:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    they say that carbon dating is flawed because the magic pixie fairy randomly makes radioactive isotopes dissapear and appear. so objects appear between several billions-several thousands years old. makes perfect sense.
    But you don't use carbon dating on objects several billion of years old. So you don't obviously don't know much about radiometric dating. Yet you have very strong opinion against it?

Do you believe in atoms?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 07:43
    But you don't use carbon dating on objects several billion of years old. So you don't obviously don't know much about radiometric dating. Yet you have very strong opinion against it?

Do you believe in atoms?
    carbon dating as in all the isotope dating methods. i thought i made it clear when i mentioned the magic pixie fairy making radioactive isotopes dissapear(as in any isotopes used in a wide variety of dating methods)

but of course you missed the point of my post. again. perhaps it is early in sweeden and you haven't had your cofee yet.

perhaps some helpful tags are needed
    <sarcasm>
    <bold>they</bold> say that carbon dating is flawed because <italic>the magic pixie fairy</italic> randomly makes <bold>radioactive isotopes <editorComment>All isotopes not just C14</editorComment></bold> dissapear and appear. so objects appear between several billions-several thousands years old. <extraSarcasm>makes perfect sense.</extraSarcasm>
    </sarcasm>
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 08:47
    carbon dating as in all the isotope dating methods. i thought i made it clear when i mentioned the magic pixie fairy making radioactive isotopes dissapear(as in any isotopes used in a wide variety of dating methods)

but of course you missed the point of my post. again. perhaps it is early in sweeden and you haven't had your cofee yet.

perhaps some hel ...[text shortened]... ions-several thousands years old. <extraSarcasm>makes perfect sense.</extraSarcasm>
    </sarcasm>
    Yes, it's early in Sweden, but I had my coffee alright. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sorry I missed the sarkasm.

Can we start over again, this time without sarkasm...?

Why does creationists that radiometric dating is flawed?
    It's based on the atomic theory. Does creationists not believe in the existance of atoms?

I would be even more glad if "Hand of Hecate" answers this...
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 09:33

only instead using the bible and support creationism i shall use the harry potter series to prove that wizards exist. and dragons. and everything you throw at me i shall label it stupid and claim that harry potter makes more sense.
    Do it! You can even provide photographic evidence. ๐Ÿ˜€
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 12:19
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Do it! You can even provide photographic evidence. ๐Ÿ˜€
    what is this evidence word you speak of? didn't i just say the harry potter series is true? what more do you want? anything is explained in the books. if it is not explained in the books it is dishonest rambling by unethical so called scientists.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 12:331 edit
    Yes, it's early in Sweden, but I had my coffee alright. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sorry I missed the sarkasm.

Can we start over again, this time without sarkasm...?

Why does creationists that radiometric dating is flawed?
    It's based on the atomic theory. Does creationists not believe in the existance of atoms?

I would be even more glad if "Hand of Hecate" answers this...
    sarkasm aside, the magic pixie fairy IS the explanation . though creationists won't admit to the fairy.

basicaly, isotope dating techniques take a radioactive isotope and knowing its half life and what it turns into, it measures the quantities. therefore you have a date with a reasonable margin of error. it won't help you name the time of day a dinosaur died but it will give you a rough estimate.

now creationists claim these isotopes may be made dissappear and appear by external events thus making the dating method unreliable. their problem (from our perspective, they don't see it a problem) is that they mostly do not explain what those events are. they also do not explain why dinosaur fossils span according to paleontologists accross milions of years since they claim they existed just before the flood(kelly says there were dinos on the arc but moving on). thus the magical event tampering with isotope/end product ration would have to randomly affect it. or there would have to be several different such events. all the while ignoring the fact that all dating methods require just that, that the sample be reasonably free of impurities.

and of course there is my favourite theory, that god created things with a memory, that trees popped into existence already hundreds of years old, that the rocks appear to be old but in fact aren't and so on. which lead to the apparition of a movement called "last thursdayim" which says the universe only appears old but god created it with a memory, last thursday. every thursday.

edit: more to read and maybe better and more accurately explained.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope_dating
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 21:29

That's funny people actually saw Jesus who wrote The Bible, I don't recall anyone seeing Harry Potter๐Ÿ˜•
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 21:32
    Originally posted by daniel58
    That's funny people actually saw Jesus who wrote The Bible, I don't recall anyone seeing Harry Potter๐Ÿ˜•
    Jesus didn't write the Bible.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 22:432 edits
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Daniel, how can you be stunningly ignorant of your own religion? Is your bible full of big, colorful pictures by any chance?

Edit: I envision that Genesis in your bible is full of pop up pictures of Adam and Eve riding dinosaurs through the garden of eden.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree