Hunger in India because of Religious beliefs.

Hunger in India because of Religious beliefs.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I'm afraid not.

Deuteronomy 7:6
The LORD your God [b]has chosen you out of all the peoples
on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

God treasures only one tribe.[/b]
The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

God chose Abrahams nation with a greater goal in mind. The saviour of the world could only be born in one nation of the world. God chose the nation of Abraham because he did loved and obeyed God.

God treasures only one tribe.

God treasured the children of of Israel because the saviour of the world would be born from their descendants. He does not only treasure them:

Matthew 8:11 - And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
18 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
[b]The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

God chose Abrahams nation with a greater goal in mind. The saviour of the world could only be born in one nation of the world. God chose the nation of Abraham because he did loved and obeyed God.

God treasures only o ...[text shortened]... ast and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
curiously He left out Moses and Joshua.

Moves
18 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
curiously He left out Moses and Joshua.
Do you know how long it would take for Him to mention all the people in Heaven?

M

Moves
18 May 05
1 edit

Does India have widespread hunger because of lack of food?

NO.

India does not have a hunger problem because of the lack of food. It has a hunger problem because of religous beliefs which are contrary to the Word of God.

The Hindu ...[text shortened]... word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."
These are most certainly dubious criticisms.

The most troubling global famine spots are generally in African nations. Most African nations are predominantly Christian nations, with a lesser degree of tribal and/or Muslim presence.

I have spent considerable time in both India and Africa, and can vouch first hand for the differences. India is a Third World country, and has plenty of poverty. But outright famine is rare. In many respects it is similar to Mexico -- poor, but not desperate.

Much of Africa is, however, desperate. AIDS is present in Africa more than anywhere. Africa is predominantly Christian -- in fact, about 20% of Christianity's entire 2 billion membership are Africans. So "religious beliefs contrary to the word of God" would be difficult to reconcile with the facts, in their case.

You also wrote...

Hindu religion teaches that people who die are reincarnated in the form of animals...

This is also largely incorrect. The highest level of Hindu theology, the Advaita Vedanta, teaches that the "self" (atman) that reincarnates from life to life is ultimately seen to be an illusion. At the more gross levels of Hindu theology, where reincarnation is taught in a more literal sense, it is said to be very rare for a human to take rebirth as an animal, that in the vast majority of cases a human is reborn as a human.

Christendom itself has been the arena for most of the destructive wars of history. Christendom in general has spilled more blood than any other civilization. Europe, predominantly Christian, saw the deaths of about 100 million people in the 20th century alone due to warfare. India has had its share in internecine conflict in recent times between Muslims and Hindus, but apart from its colonial occupation by the British from roughly 1750 to 1950, it has existed mostly in peace for many centuries.

d

Moves
18 May 05
1 edit

If the requirements are as stringent as some of the people here say they are, probably about an hour and a half.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 May 05

Originally posted by darvlay
If the requirements are as stringent as some of the people here say they are, probably about an hour and a half.
You stole my one liner!

ES

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
18 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
There is soooooooooo much stupidity in this post it's hard to wrap your head around. First, of course, India of today does not have widespread hunger and famine.

Second, only the cow is sacred in India; you can kill rats, mice, gophers or any other animal. You can even eat 'em!

Third, even if you don't eat a cow it produc ...[text shortened]... wn research in the future before writing (if you did write it) such a moronic post.

Read point 4 again and again DJ. Appreciate the irony. Open your eyes.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
18 May 05

I was asking you a serious question dj2.

originally posted by telerion

do you believe America has turned away from God more and more since America's founding?

Please, respond.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
18 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
There is soooooooooo much stupidity in this post it's hard to wrap your head around. First, of course, India of today does not have widespread hunger and famine.

Second, only the cow is sacred in India; you can kill rats, mice, gophers or any other animal. You can even eat 'em!

Third, even if you don't eat a cow it produc ...[text shortened]... wn research in the future before writing (if you did write it) such a moronic post.

speaking of "cheese" I do believe dj just cut it.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 May 05

Thought He was outside of time.

Moves
19 May 05

Originally posted by telerion
I was asking you a serious question dj2.

originally posted by telerion

[b]do you believe America has turned away from God more and more since America's founding?

Please, respond.

[/b]
I'm not American so I cannot say for sure. But I would most certainly think so.

Moves
19 May 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis
These are most certainly dubious criticisms.

The most troubling global famine spots are generally in African nations. Most African nations are predominantly Christian nations, with a lesser degree of tribal and/or Muslim presence.

I have spent considerable time in both India and Africa, and can vouch first hand for the differences. India is a Th ...[text shortened]... n by the British from roughly 1750 to 1950, it has existed mostly in peace for many centuries.

Most of North Africa is predominantly Muslim. Islam is the fastest growing religion in Africa.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
19 May 05

I'm not American so I cannot say for sure. But I would most certainly think so.
Why then has per capita real income risen tremendously since its founding? Why does it continue to rise?

Moves
19 May 05

Originally posted by telerion
Why then has per capita real income risen tremendously since its founding? Why does it continue to rise?

Go look at the dollar: "In God we trust". They are still receiving the blessing of God, which He promised for a thousand generations to those who trust Him and keep his commandments.

P

Moves
19 May 05

Becker, your selectiveness in reply is quite irritating. No1Marawhatsit had many valid points in his/her post, but you have chosen not to reply. Why?