1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 17:29
    Does India have widespread hunger because of lack of food?

NO.

India does not have a hunger problem because of the lack of food. It has a hunger problem because of religous beliefs which are contrary to the Word of God.

The Hindu religion teaches that people who die are reincarnated in the form of animals; thus it is against their laws to kill rats, mice, cows, or other animals.

Every cow eats enough food to feed seven people, and there are two hundred million "sacred cows" in India.

If the people in India would just stop feeding these cows, they would have enough food to feed one billion four hundred million people. That is one-fourth of the entire world's population!

God promises adequate provision for those who serve and obey His laws. On the other hand, He warns that those who reject His Word will experience destructive hunger and famine.

It is for this reason that in both the Old and the New Testaments God warns us "...that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 May '05 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker

NO.

India does not have a hunger problem because of the lack of food. It has a hunger problem because of religous beliefs which are contrary to the Word of God.

[b]The Hi ...[text shortened]... t proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."[/i]
    [/b]
    Is the God of Abraham a racist? Can you explain why he has a Chosen People?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 17:50
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is the God of Abraham a racist? Can you explain why he has a Chosen People?
    Well I might say that He is a racist. He has chosen the human race. 😉
    I would suggest He choose the human race because He created the human race in His own image.

John 3:16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 May '05 17:53
    Well I might say that He is a racist. He has chosen the human race.
    Have you read the Old Testament, the one in which the God of Abraham has a favorite tribe of people that he helps to vanquish other tribes and races?
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 May '05 17:541 edit

NO.

[b]The Hi ...[text shortened]... t proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."[/i]
    [/b]
    Do you ever read anything intelligent? The above is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Your time on earth is short. Don't waste it reading that crap.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:011 edit
    God promises adequate provision for those who serve and obey His laws. On the other hand, He warns that those who reject His Word will experience destructive hunger and famine.

It is for this reason that in both the Old and the New Tes ...[text shortened]... that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."[/i]
    Would you claim that God promises adequate provision only for those who serve and obey His word? If not (obviously), how would God choose which people deserve to starve? I reject the Christian God's word 100% yet I'm going home to fat steak and a fridge full of goodies. With all the sin I've blatantly committed, don't I deserve to starve more than a devoted Hindu pacifist borne into his beliefs? Is it a random selection or is God, in fact, a racist or does he fear the spread of those other beliefs?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:03
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Have you read the Old Testament, the one in which the God of Abraham has a favorite tribe of people that he helps to vanquish other tribes and races?
    It was Abraham that chose God. God made a covenant with Abraham, because Abraham loved and obeyed God. It is in this covenant that God promised Him that the Saviour of all nations would be born from his nation. The other tribes hated God and thus were the enemies of Abraham. Thus God protected Abraham and fulfilled his covenant.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:052 edits
    It was Abraham that chose God.
    I'm afraid not.

Deuteronomy 7:6
    The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

God treasures only one tribe.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Would you claim that God promises adequate provision only for those who serve and obey His word? If not (obviously), how would God choose which people deserve to starve? I reject the Christian God's word 100% yet I'm going home to fat steak and a fridge full of goodies. With all the sin I've blatnatly committed, don't I deserve to starve more t ...[text shortened]... selection or is God, in fact, a racist or does he fear the spread of those other beliefs?
    God says that He promises mercy on a thousand generations of those that love Him and keep His commandments. I would not be surprised if one of your ancestors loved and obeyed God. It is God's mercy that he is showing you and yet you still continue in wickedness?

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:131 edit
    dj2, do you believe America has turned away from God more and more since America's founding?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:191 edit
    [b/]Does India have widespread hunger because of lack of food?

NO.

The H ...[text shortened]... that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."[/i]
    There is soooooooooo much stupidity in this post it's hard to wrap your head around. First, of course, India of today does not have widespread hunger and famine.

Second, only the cow is sacred in India; you can kill rats, mice, gophers or any other animal. You can even eat 'em!

Third, even if you don't eat a cow it produces food products: there's this thing called "milk" which can be used to produce other exotic foods like "cheese". If people in India stopped feeding their cows and ate them, they'd have a lot of food in the short run but in the long run they'd get LESS food products not more.

Fourth, there are all kinds of dietary restrictions in the Old Testament supposedly handed down by God. These could not be violated even if the alternative was starvation. So OT God did the same thing you are bitchin' about!

Fifth, you really need to actually get some information from some other source besides fundamentalist websites; their ignorance of the world is shocking. If you want, I can send you to some Hindu websites that will show you that this whole "argument" is based on a complete misunderstanding of Hindu beliefs. I suggest you actually do your own research in the future before writing (if you did write it) such a moronic post.

12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:191 edit
    God says that He promises mercy on a thousand generations of those that love Him and keep His commandments. I would not be surprised if one of your ancestors loved and obeyed God...

...he than gads on with some lecturing and scripture
    What about the Jews? Is the Holocaust God's version of mercy? And what about South America where poverty is rampant? Those are God/Yahweh worshipping nations. And what about Islamic nations such as Kuwait, Emirates, Brunei, Saudi Arabia, etc. that are rich beyond comprehension? How come they have not suffered?
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There is soooooooooo much stupidity in this post it's hard to wrap your head around. First, of course, India of today does not have widespread hunger and famine.

Second, only the cow is sacred in India; you can kill rats, mice, gophers or any other animal. You can even eat 'em!

Third, even if you don't eat a cow it produc ...[text shortened]... wn research in the future before writing (if you did write it) such a moronic post.

ditto
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:31
    One clarification: I am not saying that there is no hunger in India; of course, there is. That hunger is caused by a lack of purchasing power by the poor not their religious beliefs. There is hunger in the Christian US for the same reason.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 May '05 18:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    One clarification: I am not saying that there is no hunger in India; of course, there is. That hunger is caused by a lack of purchasing power by the poor not their religious beliefs. There is hunger in the Christian US for the same reason.
    then I must say : redittificatio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree