1. Joined
    09 Aug '14
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 02:33
    I dont get this god thing.

Why do people believe in a magic man in the sky who is responsible for everything, when there is no proof of his existence. The bible is a book it proves nothing. I read a book about talking billy goats crossing a bridge with a troll underneath and I know its crap.

Why do christians think they have the one true god , all religions think theirs is the only one. For thousands of years there has been literally thousands of gods, maybe the roman god of door hinges is the true one.

The stories in the bible are ridiculous and not believable.

There is as much evidence for the existence of unicorns as there is for this god thing.

I understand that in the dark ages and middle ages life was hard and people needed a reason to exist and behave. Times are different.

The different branches cant even agree on their beliefs and worship. You have catholic, protestant, orthodox, Mormon, Presbyterian, Anglican etc etc etc.

What sort of leader says “worship me or have eternal pain in hell”

The stories of the bible and koran and tora
    have similar stories characters etc its obviously the same story but got altered in retelling just like chinese whispers.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 02:49
    Originally posted by gruntypunt

Why do people believe in a magic man in the sky who is responsible for everything, when there is no proof of his existence. The bible is a book it proves nothing. I read a book about talking billy goats crossing a bridge with a troll underneath and I know its crap.

Why do christians think they have the one true god , all ...[text shortened]... acters etc its obviously the same story but got altered in retelling just like chinese whispers.
    I don't get it either. I just believe it. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 05:43

Why do christians think they have the one true god , all ...[text shortened]... acters etc its obviously the same story but got altered in retelling just like chinese whispers.
    What have you done with chaney3?
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 09:15

FROM THE BOOK OF RIGHT ON BRO
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 09:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't get it either. I just believe it. 😏

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    are you still breathing
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 10:551 edit

The sad fact is this: humans are not as intelligent as they are made out to be. Clever, sure, intelligent? not so sure. Gullible? In spades.

I could go to Venice beach and stand on a box pronouncing the end of the world because aliens are going to land soon, some people will believe it and even become my disciple and spread the word. Pretty soon thousands of alien fearing humans will be storming the doors of the government demanding something be done about this impending invasion.

It happens all the time. Look at the Brand Davidians, look at Scientology and then look at the abrahamic religions. All man made by clever people designed to attract weak minded folk to build a power base and just coincidentally keep women as second class citizens, preferably owned as property.

That bit they even wrote in their bible, men are worth 50 shekels but women 35. So a man could go to work, earn 50 shekels, buy a woman for 35 and still have 15 shekels left over. All condoned by their manufactured god.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 15:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The sad fact is this: humans are not as intelligent as they are made out to be. Clever, sure, intelligent? not so sure. Gullible? In spades.

I could go to Venice beach and stand on a box pronouncing the end of the world because aliens are going to land soon, some people will believe it and even become my disciple and spread the word. Pretty soon thousan ...[text shortened]... buy a woman for 35 and still have 15 shekels left over. All condoned by their manufactured god.
    Oh for the good old days.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 17:512 edits
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 20:57

The beginning of documented false religion stared about 5000 yrs ago when the Kali Yuga started.

True religion however did not start, because true religion is eternal.

True religion is found in the Vedas.

The Vedas have been with mankind from the dawn of time...........long before the Roman Empire or the Pyramids'.

Google.... (Veda base/hare krsna) and begin reading about true religion and true knowledge.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 22:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The beginning of documented false religion stared about 5000 yrs ago when the Kali Yuga started.

The Vedas have been with mankind from the dawn of time...........long before the Roman Empire or the Pyramids'.

Google.... (Veda base/hare krsna) and begin reading about true religion and true knowledge.
    o-rly!?? they had printing presses at the dawn of time!???
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 06:59
    Originally posted by Dasa

Instead of bursting into the room declaring 'true religion', why not take the time to explain why 'you' believe the Vedas represent truth.

Please consider that many people here present what they believe as truth. Why should we believe you over other people? Are we meant to just take your word for it?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 07:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Please consider that many people here present what they believe as truth. Why should we believe you over other people? Are we meant to just take your word for it?
    I get the impression Dasa thinks we are "dishonest" if we don't.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 15:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I get the impression Dasa thinks we are "dishonest" if we don't.
    It is indeed much easier for him to disregard other opinions as dishonest, rather than defend/explain his own position or consider that people may genuinely think differently to himself..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree