1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 20:31
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Indeed Sir. Tell me more about your righteous actions. Have you never broken any of God's commandments?
    Simul iustus et peccatoris

[simultaneously righteous and a sinner]

Keep up.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 20:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Thus sayeth the Gospel of Rajk. Amen.
    As an atheist, I don't fare so well in your Gospel.

Awomen
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 21:34
    Are you good enough because of how you act?
    Are you good enough because your better than others?
    What makes you good enough?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 23:20
    So you are Rajk999 undercover. I should have known. I suspected FMF and Twhitehead, but never you.
    What am I "suspected" of exactly?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 23:28
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As an atheist, I don't fare so well in your Gospel.

Awomen
    Small wonder.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 01:38
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk to Ghost of a Duke an atheist
    Indeed Sir. Tell me more about your righteous actions. Have you never broken any of God's commandments?
    Has it been your experience when interacting with atheists that their definition of "righteous actions" are framed in terms of what you claim are "God's commandments"?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 05:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has it been your experience when interacting with atheists that their definition of "righteous actions" are framed in terms of what you claim are "God's commandments"?
    Only when they claim, "It is scripturally supported that God will excuse my unbelief and welcome me into his kingdom, based on the law that is instinctively written on my heart, governing my righteous actions."
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 06:52
    Only when they claim, "It is scripturally supported that God will excuse my unbelief and welcome me into his kingdom, based on the law that is instinctively written on my heart, governing my righteous actions."
    In fairness, I did immediately deploy the smug emoticon to convey sarcastic swagger.

And it was not my claim. The 'claim' comes straight from the bible. Are you not familiar with that particular passage?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 07:041 edit
    Gosh. You're not very quick on the uptake are you? You did not understand Ghost of a Duke's meaning at all. 😕

edit: ah I see he has set you straight.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 07:07
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk to Ghost of a Duke an atheist
    Are you in agreement with KellyJay who thinks that only Christians like him are capable of "righteous actions"?
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 07:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    In fairness, I did immediately deploy the smug emoticon to convey sarcastic swagger.

And it was not my claim. The 'claim' comes straight from the bible. Are you not familiar with that particular passage?
    When you say it is scripturally supported you are referring to the Bible as a whole or one passage that you have taken out of context?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 07:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you in agreement with KellyJay who thinks that only Christians like him are capable of "righteous actions"?
    I have said before that people are capable of 'righteous actions' by their own standards since people can call anything they do 'righteous' since they are the sole judges of what 'righteous' means to them.

I think the real discussion is whether people's 'own righteousness' is can get them into heaven. I think the scriptures are clear that our best works are like filthy rags. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So no, I don't think anyone even Kelly and myself are good enough on our own accord to get into heaven. No one is.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 08:04
    I have said before that people are capable of 'righteous actions' by their own standards since people can call anything they do 'righteous' since they are the sole judges of what 'righteous' means to them.
    Gosh. I'm not sure why my question prompted such a clumsy dodge from you. I'll try again. Do you think that only Christians are capable of what are, in your view, "righteous actions"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 08:07
    I think the real discussion is whether people's 'own righteousness' is can get them into heaven. I think the scriptures are clear that our best works are like filthy rags. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So no, I don't think anyone even Kelly and myself are good enough on our own accord to get into heaven. No one is.
    Blimey. The second half of your "answer" was a dodge as well. I didn't ask you if you think you and Kelly are good enough on your own accord to get into heaven. What I asked was: "Are you in agreement with KellyJay who thinks that only Christians like him are capable of "righteous actions"?"
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 08:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Gosh. I'm not sure why my question prompted such a clumsy dodge from you. I'll try again. Do you think that only Christians are capable of what are, in your view, "righteous actions"?
    Gosh which part of 'no one is capable of righteous actions' did you miss?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree