I have an idea

I have an idea

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
14 Nov 10

With all this fighting, and confusion about who is right, and who is wrong pertaining to the spiritual side of life, I think it's time to try and solve the situation. I suggest we all meet somewhere, and form a large circle, and hold hands, and then ask God or what ever to settle the issue once and for all. If we get no reply then the no God people will feel that they have won, and if God actually appears and sets'us straight then we have really done something big with our lifes ! We could settle this burning debate, and go down in the history books for being the Chess Forum that saved the world from ignorance. Let's do it.

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by buckky
With all this fighting, and confusion about who is right, and who is wrong pertaining to the spiritual side of life, I think it's time to try and solve the situation. I suggest we all meet somewhere, and form a large circle, and hold hands, and then ask God or what ever to settle the issue once and for all. If we get no reply then the no God people will feel ...[text shortened]... the history books for being the Chess Forum that saved the world from ignorance. Let's do it.
Elijah did a version of this at Mount Carmel, so there is a precedent.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Nov 10

With all this fighting, and confusion about who is right, and who is wrong pertaining to the spiritual side of life, I think it's time to try and solve the situation. I suggest we all meet somewhere, and form a large circle, and hold hands, and then ask God or what ever to settle the issue once and for all. If we get no reply then the no God people will feel ...[text shortened]... the history books for being the Chess Forum that saved the world from ignorance. Let's do it.
Theists just say their god doesn't like to be tested and you accomplish nothing

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 10

Or we could just keep working it out the way we are already doing 🙂

Anyway, I think it may be hard to get everyone together at the same time. How big would this circle be ?

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
14 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel

Anyway, I think it may be hard to get everyone together at the same time. How big would this circle be ?
Big....really big.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Nov 10

Big....really big.
Do you think you could see the other side and ensure there are no gaps in the circle?

Am I guarranteed a spot away from any AA or NA members please? 😀

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
15 Nov 10

Do you think you could see the other side and ensure there are no gaps in the circle?

Am I guarranteed a spot away from any AA or NA members please? 😀
My idea of Hell would be to be trapped with AA or NA people for eternity. That 12 steps can get pretty boring and cult like.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Nov 10

I get to sit at the head.....Oh wait it's a circle.. 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Nov 10

My idea of Hell would be to be trapped with AA or NA people for eternity. That 12 steps can get pretty boring and cult like.
They (AA, NA)are a great insight into mans psycology, of how people can act when they get down and make a resolve to change their lives. Much can be learnt by going through that process , but it is a process to be lived and left behind as soon as possible. I believe the movie "Fight Club" had a pretty good critique on the "self-help" -type people/mentality that has become the answer for so many, not a stepping stone , which is what I think it should be.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Nov 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I get to sit at the head.....Oh wait it's a circle.. 🙂
We're going to send you out in the middle to dance and jump, and summon the energy of god so that It may act through you and demonstrate to all that the universe is not dead. 🙂