1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 01:13
    I hope you guys are not going to go down the path of religious warfare based on unsubstantiated claims. At the very least, you could—

—quote scripture.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 01:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Brother Kirk is right, I am a longtime Mac user. I worked very hard as a virtually starving artist to pay for that Mac. And I still don't have this $2,000 model you speak of either. I have an eMac, which I bought several years ago for about $1,200. Funny you should mention it, though, because I have been thinking of buying one of the new iMacs recently. May ...[text shortened]... ing system (OSX). If you have any questions, I would be happy to be of assistance.
    Why were you laid off? Has marriage made you lazy?
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 01:52
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why were you laid off? Has marriage made you lazy?
    Damn beancounters! Treating people as mere commodities on the labor market! It will be the downfall of the system, I tell you. The profit motive has no place in the future of civilization. It will go the way of the "divine right of kings". Mark my words. It's just too bad that so many people are incapable of looking past the circumstances in which they currently find themselves. Damnable engineers and accountants, they suffer from a complete lack of vision.
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 05:02
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Apple's customer service stance:

All our products are wonderful. If a user has a problem, he is no doubt too stupid to use our glorious product, or he is a borderline crook who is using illegal software and screwing up our product, or he has not taken proper care of our products. A refund will only be given if the restocking fee is paid.
    I went to two all-day workshops on how to fix a Mac. I wanted to know why they had such crappy products that it took two workshops to cover the whole thing!
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 08:11
    Originally posted by serigado
    [b]You're all mad, anyone that claims a PC is out performed by a Mac of equal price range is buying the wrong PC

You are wrong.
    Macs are EXTREMELY outperformed by a PC in the same price range.[/b]
    Not in my experience. Sure, they look pretty and the interface is smooth, but they fail in so many ways. 3D architecture for gaming/animation, severe networking issues, data reclamation following crashes, software availability (okay, not a hardware issue, but I count that as a performance problem), choice of upgrade, internet support for those tricky problems you come across from time to time, and if you step outside the Apple resource base what do you have? Nothing.

In what way do you measure the performance?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 09:36
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Not in my experience. Sure, they look pretty and the interface is smooth, but they fail in so many ways. 3D architecture for gaming/animation, severe networking issues, data reclamation following crashes, software availability (okay, not a hardware issue, but I count that as a performance problem), choice of upgrade, internet support for those tricky prob ...[text shortened]... Apple resource base what do you have? Nothing.

Mmmm... He was reinforcing your point...
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Not in my experience. Sure, they look pretty and the interface is smooth, but they fail in so many ways. 3D architecture for gaming/animation, severe networking issues, data reclamation following crashes, software availability (okay, not a hardware issue, but I count that as a performance problem), choice of upgrade, internet support for those tricky prob ...[text shortened]... Apple resource base what do you have? Nothing.

I said they Macs are extremely outperformed by PCs, not that Macs extremely outperform PCs.
    Just wanted to add a little adjective to reinforce your position 🙂
    But I measure performance as the speed the guy takes to make an operation... Well I think everyone does it this way 🙂

You are right in 3D architecture. As for networking issues, I never noticed them, and for software availability you can simply install Linux in your Mac. (or Windows, if you are really into games).
    I always hated full bundle made PCs, whether from Apple, Dell, Compaq or HP or whatever company. They simply are not worth their money. It's a lot cheaper to buy separate parts and make the ultra-personalized PC.
    If we are talking about laptops, that's a different history... But either way, Apple is just too expensive. But it works.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 15:34
    Originally posted by serigado
    I said they Macs are extremely outperformed by PCs, not that Macs extremely outperform PCs.
    Just wanted to add a little adjective to reinforce your position 🙂
    But I measure performance as the speed the guy takes to make an operation... Well I think everyone does it this way 🙂

You are right in 3D architecture. As for networking issues, I never noticed ...[text shortened]... tops, that's a different history... But either way, Apple is just too expensive. But it works.
    Oooops, sorry, I had only just woken up, clearly I misread your point, apologies.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    After ten years of being a devout user of Dell PC's, I have decided to become a Mac user. I will be purchasing an iMac this weekend. Year after year, I have experienced degraded performance from my PCs, and they have left me with only one set of footprints in the virtual sand more times than I can count. I am anticipating that my conversion will b ...[text shortened]... enewal and fill an empty space that has been eating at me for a long time. Please pray for me.
    First you will be told by the Dell users that you have become delusional and/or have a deficit in logic. Then they will demand proof about why you made the switch and once you provide them with such evidence they will little by little scoff and deride such evidence you present to them. They will then rightly point out that evidence is not equivalent to proof. in fact, many people get along just fine using "Dells". Who are you to say that one is better than the other?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 09:34
    After ten years of being a devout user of Dell PC's, I have decided to become a Mac user. I will be purchasing an iMac this weekend. Year after year, I have experienced degraded performance from my PCs, and they have left me with only one set of footprints in the virtual sand more times than I can count. I am anticipating that my conversion will b ...[text shortened]... enewal and fill an empty space that has been eating at me for a long time. Please pray for me.
    Macs are more expensive to buy and maintain and have less software available etc. If your PC is slow then make sure you have enough ram or upgrade to a faster one. If it is crashing all the time then it is probably your fault and not the PCs fault. The most common cause of crashes is software that you installed or software that installed itself (virus's etc) which doesn't happen so much on the Mac because you cant get so much software for it.
    So often people have too little ram in their computers, then they install every little program they can think of and leave all sorts of stuff running in the background, then they blame the computer.
  11. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 03:29
    Good luck with the gender reassignment surgery. 😀
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 17:56
    Brother Kirk is right, I am a longtime Mac user. I worked very hard as a virtually starving artist to pay for that Mac. And I still don't have this $2,000 model you speak of either. I have an eMac, which I bought several years ago for about $1,200. Funny you should mention it, though, because I have been thinking of buying one of the new iMacs recently. May ...[text shortened]... ing system (OSX). If you have any questions, I would be happy to be of assistance.
    Go live in a commune, you commie.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 17:56
    Damn beancounters! Treating people as mere commodities on the labor market! It will be the downfall of the system, I tell you. The profit motive has no place in the future of civilization. It will go the way of the "divine right of kings". Mark my words. It's just too bad that so many people are incapable of looking past the circumstances in which they curr ...[text shortened]... d themselves. Damnable engineers and accountants, they suffer from a complete lack of vision.
    Maybe they just suffered for a lack of money.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 08:08
    Dr. Scribs, I will help you make an informed decision: YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree