1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 12:42
    If I thought that my posts were not at least minimally intellectually stimulating, I would go away. Maybe.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 12:49
    All you need is to see the light

Thread 85021

Peace.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:15
    Originally posted by Seitse
    All you need is to see the light

Thread 85021

Peace.
    Elvis has left the building!!!
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:15
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Elvis has left the building!!!
    Yes, he did :'(
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:54
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yes, he did :'(
    They squeezed him out!!!
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 13:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    If I thought that my posts were not at least minimally intellectually stimulating, I would go away. Maybe.
    Are you looking for us to massage your ego and tell you that they are or for confirmation that they are not?
  7. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '08 17:11
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Are you looking for us to massage your ego and tell you that they are or for confirmation that they are not?
    I know which one i would root for!!!
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 00:53
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Believe me, my ego doesn't need massaging.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 01:29
    Believe me, my ego doesn't need massaging.
    So you're looking for confirmation that they are not.

Well, they're not 😛 Happy?
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 03:46
    Joseph,

On almost everything you and I have ever discussed on here, I think you’re wrong—and you think I’m wrong. But—

Quit putting yourself down! And realize that if someone argues with something that you’ve said, they are paying you the respect of being worth the argument. If someone doesn’t argue with you, then either (a) they agree with you, or (b) they don’t think you’re worth the effort—which has nothing to do with whether or not they have any hopes of converting you to their position. I have learned from every single person that I’ve ever argued with on here—every single one—even if, in the end, I still think they’re wrong; I have still learned.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '08 22:28
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Joseph,

On almost everything you and I have ever discussed on here, I think you’re wrong—and you think I’m wrong. But—

Quit putting yourself down! And realize that if someone argues with something that you’ve said, they are paying you the respect of being worth the argument. If someone doesn’t argue with you, then either (a) they agree with y ...[text shortened]... n here—every single one—even if, in the end, I still think they’re wrong; I have still learned.
    vistesd,

I think that there are many things you and I would agree on, but spiritual matters is the one area we don't. But that's okay because I have learned alot from you. I appreciate the sentiment that replies to my posts is a sign of respect. That's good to know.

I'm a realist. I know my weaknesses. I express them through self depreciating humor. I think I stuck my foot in my mouth again starting this thread. It was more a spontaneous reaction than real concern whether anyone respects my posts or not. It was more of a joke than anything else.

But, I can't sing, can't dance, can't tell jokes, too short to be a cowboy, and it's too wet to plow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree