I just saw Stephen C meyer Phd on TV. IDer.

I just saw Stephen C meyer Phd on TV. IDer.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Aug 05

This guy meyer is the director of the 'discovery institute'
and was interviewed by Taba Smiley on tv tonight.
I include the conclusions of one article he wrote:

Yet ordinary reason, and much scientific reasoning that passes under the scrutiny of materialist sanction, not only recognizes but requires us to recognize the causal activity of intelligent agents. The sculptures of Michelangelo, the software of the Microsoft corporation, the inscribed steles of Assyrian kings--each bespeaks the prior action of an intelligent agent. Indeed, everywhere in our high-tech environment we observe complex events, artifacts, and systems that impel our minds to recognize the activity of other minds--minds that communicate, plan, and design. But to detect the presence of mind, to detect the activity of intelligence in the echo of its effects, requires a mode of reasoning--indeed, a form of knowledge--the existence of which science, or at least official biology, has long excluded. Yet recent developments in the information sciences and within biology itself now imply the need to rehabilitate this lost way of knowing. As we do so, we may find that we have also restored some of the intellectual underpinning of traditional Western metaphysics and theistic belief.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by sonhouse
This guy meyer is the director of the 'discovery institute'
and was interviewed by Taba Smiley on tv tonight.
I include the conclusions of one article he wrote:

Yet ordinary reason, and much scientific reasoning that passes under the scrutiny of materialist sanction, not only recognizes but requires us to recognize the causal activity of intelligent ...[text shortened]... ed some of the intellectual underpinning of traditional Western metaphysics and theistic belief.
lmao thats the first time I ever heard somebody say microsoft's software is intelligently designed.. I wonder what he thinks of maggotboxes.

L

Moves
02 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
lmao thats the first time I ever heard somebody say microsoft's software is intelligently designed.. I wonder what he thinks of maggotboxes.
Frogstomp,

I think you hit it on the head. Meyer is just a puppet of Bill Gates - plugging Microsoft to no end. What a joke. The connections are obvious - Discovery Institute is based in the Seattle area. Clearly they are in cahoots.