Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 05:47
    When I ask someone......

What is it that makes a religion false?

And.....

What is it that makes religion true?

I am asking them to list the principles or truisms or qualities that make religion true or false.

The answer has nothing to do with subjective mental speculation or imagination, but has everything to do with objective truth.

This truth has been taught generation after generation and it never changes with time, because it is dealing with eternal absolute truth.

This could be the same question but a different subject, such as...........What rules and qualities are necessary when building a house.

Do you think the answer is subjective and therefore relies on good speculation and imagination.

NO..................but instead there is an authority that stipulates all manner of rules and regulations{and everyone is glad to comply]

And the same is for religion and that Authority is the Vedic teachings.

And there is no other authority.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 05:53
    Originally posted by Dasa
    When I ask someone......

And.....

I am asking them to list the principles or truisms or qualities that make religion true or false.

The answer has nothing to do with subjective mental speculation or imagination, but has everything to do with objective truth.

This tr ...[text shortened]... e is for religion and that Authority is the Vedic teachings.

When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,…

(Matthew 28:17-19)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 06:09
    I am asking them to list the principles or truisms or qualities that make religion true or false. The answer has nothing to do with subjective mental speculation or imagination, but has everything to do with objective truth.
    I disagree. The affiliation to a particular religion is subjective because the evidence necessary to establish a so-called "objective truth" is unavailable or at least is not of a nature that allows consensus and common perspective. As for "the principles or truisms or qualities that make religion true or false", these will depend on the religion of the person answering your question.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 06:14
    This truth has been taught generation after generation and it never changes with time, because it is dealing with eternal absolute truth.
    The same can be claimed by adherents of literally hundreds of religions in competition with yours.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 09:021 edit
    ...Authority is the Vedic teachings.

This is a ubiquitous religious claim. All of you posts are like this; pointless excursions into your tiny personal universe.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 10:01
    When I ask someone......

Ask one point at a time (or per thread)
    then we can have an honest discussion.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 12:43
    When I ask someone......

And.....

This tr ...[text shortened]... e is for religion and that Authority is the Vedic teachings.

so when you ask what makes a religion false, you are really already answering yourself in your mind with the only answer you would accept.

that's dishonest.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 13:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is a ubiquitous religious claim. All of you posts are like this; pointless excursions into your tiny personal universe.
    Looks to me like your universe and his universe are the same sizes.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 14:37
    When I ask someone......

And.....

http://hinduism.about.com/cs/vedasvedanta/a/aa120103a.htm

The Mother of All Scriptures

"Although the Vedas are seldom read or understood today, even by the devout, they no doubt form the bedrock of the universal religion or “Sanatana Dharma” that all Hindus follow. The Vedas have guided our religious direction for ages and will continue to do so for generations to come. And they will forever remain the most comprehensive and universal of all ancient scriptures."

Interesting. "Seldom read or understood" yet "remain the most comprehensive and universal of all ancient scriptures".

Seems to me that if the Veda's were actually what you claim them to be they would occupy a place in literature with global publication in most languages as is the Bible. I think Vishnu must have fallen asleep at the wheel and veered off the path. If Vishnu thinks he's the saviour he better get busy getting his word out like his competitor the God of the Bible. Souls are at stake here Dasa. Just sayin'. 😉
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 17:43
    When I ask someone......

And.....

Demonstrate then that the Veda's provide the basis for "true" religion. Incidentally you have to provide a compelling argument that there is a God at all, and you have to show that the Vedas contain the correct description of his nature.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Demonstrate then that the Veda's provide the basis for "true" religion. Incidentally you have to provide a compelling argument that there is a God at all, and you have to show that the Vedas contain the correct description of his nature.
    Go and purchase the 18 volume Srimad Bhagavatam translated by His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.

When you have read the entire collection you will without doubt have your answer.

You don't think you will be just given the answer without some effort on your part.

This shall test your sincerity.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    http://hinduism.about.com/cs/vedasvedanta/a/aa120103a.htm

[b]The Mother of All Scriptures

"Although the Vedas are seldom read or understood today, even by the devout, they no doubt form the bedrock of the universal religion or “Sanatana Dharma” that all Hindus follow. The Vedas have guided our religious direction for ages and will continue to do so for ...[text shortened]... word out like his competitor the God of the Bible. Souls are at stake here Dasa. Just sayin'. 😉
    They are seldom read because most people are uneducated and ignorant.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    The same can be claimed by adherents of literally hundreds of religions in competition with yours.
    No
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:55
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so when you ask what makes a religion false, you are really already answering yourself in your mind with the only answer you would accept.

that's dishonest.
    Incorrect
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 23:57
    Wow, dasa, the power of your argument is really making me think...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree