I Shall Remember

I Shall Remember

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
And took the land in violation of international law. That's illegal.
The so called international law was projected back then through UN 181/ 1947.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Apr 09

Hezbollah is a legitimate political party, and the only political party that I can think of that refuses to recognize Israel's right to exist. It is not confined to just Muslims (Christians and Jews serve within its ranks) and yes, it is an army, but to call one army an army and another army a terrorist group just doesn't work.
Nope; there is not such a thing as "armed political party" -not in the West. In the West the armies are armies and the political parties are political parties. I know that some Arabs and Muslims believe exactly what you believe, but I disagree with this evaluation. If Hezbollah was an army, it would be obliged to serve in full a specific government and to obey to the commands of the leaders of this government. As far I am concerned, this is not the case: Hezbollah is just a state in a state, following the path of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

Thus in my opinion Hezbollah is not an army, but a bunch of armed fanatics that they are financed by Syria, Iran and differ Shi'a activists.

w

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by black beetle
Nope; there is not such a thing as "armed political party" -not in the West. In the West the armies are armies and the political parties are political parties. I know that some Arabs and Muslims believe exactly what you believe, but I disagree with this evaluation. If Hezbollah was an army, it would be obliged to serve in full a specific government and ...[text shortened]... t a bunch of armed fanatics that they are financed by Syria, Iran and differ Shi'a activists.
Hezbollah sure is an army.....of the state of Iran that is!! LOL

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Nope; there is not such a thing as "armed political party" -not in the West. In the West the armies are armies and the political parties are political parties. I know that some Arabs and Muslims believe exactly what you believe, but I disagree with this evaluation. If Hezbollah was an army, it would be obliged to serve in full a specific government and ...[text shortened]... t a bunch of armed fanatics that they are financed by Syria, Iran and differ Shi'a activists.
Nope; there is not such a thing as "armed political party" -not in the West. In the West the armies are armies and the political parties are political parties.

When were Lebanon or Palestine ever in the West? Besides, that was the situation of the Continental army during the American revolution and the Jacobins during the French revolution.

Hezbollah is just a state in a state, following the path of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

It's a guard for Lebanon and for Palestine.

Thus in my opinion Hezbollah is not an army, but a bunch of armed fanatics that they are financed by Syria, Iran and differ Shi'a activists.

Last time I checked Syria tried to steer clear of Hezbollah. Despite minor funding, the two kind of hate each other. The Amal movement is the more pro-Syrian Lebanese Shi'a movement in this equation.

And I've said: Hezbollah does admit Sunnis, Christians, and Jews, which is why it's so popular in Lebanon.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Apr 09

[b]Nope; there is not such a thing as "armed political party" -not in the West. In the West the armies are armies and the political parties are political parties.

When were Lebanon or Palestine ever in the West? Besides, that was the situation of the Continental army during the American revolution and the Jacobins during the French revolution.

H ...[text shortened]... zbollah does admit Sunnis, Christians, and Jews, which is why it's so popular in Lebanon.
Lebanon is not a Western country, but the Israelis are definately Western oriented and their country is founded on the Palestine soil. Also in many occasions we saw which way Hezbollah "guards" Lebanon and Palestine.

I know that our standards are different. The Palestinians are free to act the way they want, but they have to become united, to realise the situation, to make alliances and to cope with Israel if they really want to gain their target. They cannot neither deport nor kill the Israelis, either with or without Hezbollah, and they have to understand that they are constantly used as puppets serving somebody elses' games. Once they are failing -and they are failing big time whilst the Israelis are prospering- the issue will be open and the Palestinians will remain homeless and in misery.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Lebanon is not a Western country, but the Israelis are definately Western oriented and their country is founded on the Palestine soil. Also in many occasions we saw which way Hezbollah "guards" Lebanon and Palestine.

I know that our standards are different. The Palestinians are free to act the way they want, but they have to become united, to realise ...[text shortened]... ospering- the issue will be open and the Palestinians will remain homeless and in misery.
[/b]

I'm actually not sure where Israel fits into this.

I know that our standards are different. The Palestinians are free to act the way they want, but they have to become united, to realise the situation, to make alliances and to cope with Israel if they really want to gain their target. They cannot neither deport nor kill the Israelis, either with or without Hezbollah, and they have to understand that they are constantly used as puppets serving somebody elses' games. Once they are failing -and they are failing big time whilst the Israelis are prospering- the issue will be open and the Palestinians will remain homeless and in misery.

That's not how a revolution works. A revolution is not about compromise. A revolution is not orderly. A revolution does not distinguish between invasive settler and army officer and government official. There is no compromise except by those rotting groups seeking to maintain their power.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Apr 09

[b]Lebanon is not a Western country, but the Israelis are definately Western oriented and their country is founded on the Palestine soil. Also in many occasions we saw which way Hezbollah "guards" Lebanon and Palestine.

I'm actually not sure where Israel fits into this.

I know that our standards are different. The Palestinians are free to act th ...[text shortened]... ial. There is no compromise except by those rotting groups seeking to maintain their power.
It fits. Once you dig in the Art of War you will see that if you do not know yourself and you do not know your enemy you will lose if you engage in a war.

This is not a revolution. The Palestinians are used as pawns. Nobody gives a single nickel for them. This "revolution" turned into a nightmare for the Palestinians.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

It fits. Once you dig in the Art of War you will see that if you do not know yourself and you do not know your enemy you will lose if you engage in a war.

This is not a revolution. The Palestinians are used as pawns. Nobody gives a single nickel for them. This "revolution" turned into a nightmare for the Palestinians.
[/b]

No one's talking about not knowing yourself and your enemy.

Maybe it's not a revolution in the Arab world. But I consider it a Palestinian revolution, because more Palestinians are realizing the world isn't giving them squat.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 Apr 09

[b]It fits. Once you dig in the Art of War you will see that if you do not know yourself and you do not know your enemy you will lose if you engage in a war.

No one's talking about not knowing yourself and your enemy.

This is not a revolution. The Palestinians are used as pawns. Nobody gives a single nickel for them. This "revolution" turned int ...[text shortened]... nian revolution, because more Palestinians are realizing the world isn't giving them squat.
A war has always to do with this essential understanding. The leadership of the Palestinians cannot grasp it decades now. When the outcome is negative one has to keep himself fully reponsible, to learn from his mistakes and to proceed accordingly. The Palestinian leadership is ignorant, thus not efficient. We all see the results of their ignorance and their lack of efficiency.

It is not a revolution neither according to the Arab's nor to the West's standards. The world isn't "giving them squat" because both their allies and their enemies are gaining too much out of the reaction of the Palestinian leadership.

I thank you for sharing your thoughts.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Apr 09

A war has always to do with this essential understanding. The leadership of the Palestinians cannot grasp it decades now. When the outcome is negative one has to keep himself fully reponsible, to learn from his mistakes and to proceed accordingly. The Palestinian leadership is ignorant, thus not efficient. We all see the results of their ignorance and t ...[text shortened]... f the reaction of the Palestinian leadership.

I thank you for sharing your thoughts.
[/b]
A war has always to do with this essential understanding. The leadership of the Palestinians cannot grasp it decades now. When the outcome is negative one has to keep himself fully reponsible, to learn from his mistakes and to proceed accordingly. The Palestinian leadership is ignorant, thus not efficient. We all see the results of their ignorance and their lack of efficiency.

The PA is too corrupt, rotten, and pragmatic.