1. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    11878
    10 May '05 18:32
    ... So kneel before your messiah puny mortals ...
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    10 May '05 19:30
    Originally posted by demonseed
    ... So kneel before your messiah puny mortals ...
    you only "think" you are the second coming???

    that's not very convincing...
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    10 May '05 19:31
    Originally posted by demonseed
    ... So kneel before your messiah puny mortals ...
    The Bible says when Jesus comes back the whole world will know all at once.
  4. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11827
    10 May '05 19:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Bible says when Jesus comes back the whole world will know all at once.
    ...and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord...
  5. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    10 May '05 20:39
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    ...and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord...
    So, we all will be saved?
  6. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17038
    10 May '05 20:59
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    So, we all will be saved?
    a little late
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Joined
    18 Jul '04
    Moves
    8353
    10 May '05 22:55
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    So, we all will be saved?
    No. The xtians must have their revenge for being mocked. We've called them fools all this time. They only turn the cheek now because they are too weak to do anything about it. Some day though their sky daddy will settle the score. Ah, such is ressentiment
  8. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    11 May '05 02:20
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    a little late
    But surely there are deathbed conversions? Or does the Second Coming kill us all first, making it too late indeed?
    If yes, then I propose that when astronomers find a huge asteroid headed towards Earth, we dub it "J.E.S.U.S." or Just Ending Some Useless Souls.
  9. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    4640
    11 May '05 02:22
    For any waiting and hoping for a literal return of Jesus in form, I wonder how you will recognize him? By what internal or external criteria?

    There's an old saying --

    "If a pickpocket saw Jesus on the road, he'd see only his pockets."

    We tend to see what we are. Therefore, if our mind is full of delusion, or projected fantasies, then it's highly unlikely that we would recognize divinity in form even if it was standing in front of us waving a flag.

    Jesus himself was, generally speaking, not recognized when he was alive. He had only a small following. The people of his time mostly dismissed him as a nut. When brought before a mob by Pilate, the mob chose Barabbas to be freed. Not only was Jesus unrecognized by this mob, he was not even granted justice for a crime he did not commit.

    That "mob" was not some specific mob of idiots. The "mob" dominates in any day and age. The "mob" is simply a symbol for the mainstream of humanity. Go out on the main street of any large city, and there you will find the "mob", regardless of social or economic class or religious affiliation. This "mob" is everywhere.

    Historically, religious fundamentalists have generously contributed to the population of the "mob". The Jewish fundamentalists of Jesus' time certainly did not recognize him. Niether did the Roman authorities. So if the "real Jesus" were to return today, what makes anyone think that today's Christian fundamentalists or today's secular authorities would recognize him this time?

    Most likely he'd be crucified on the lawn of the White House.

    Or perhaps even more likely he'd be commited to a mental institution. Or simply ignored.

    Jesus, when alive two thousand years ago, castigated the religious authorities of his time. I strongly suspect that he'd do it again today, if given the chance.
  10. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11827
    11 May '05 09:21
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    So, we all will be saved?
    When Jesus came the first time, he was mocked and ridiculed, and judged. He died the most disgraceful dead on the cross. He shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins. Now is the time of mercy. When he comes the second time, he will not come to be judged, but to judge. Then it will be too late. Thus the Bible says "If you hear his voice, do not harden your heart." For now is the time of mercy. Procrastination is the thief of time.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    11 May '05 10:35
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    When Jesus came the first time, he was mocked and ridiculed, and judged. He died the most disgraceful dead on the cross. He shed his blood for the forgiveness of our sins. Now is the time of mercy. When he comes the second time, he will not come to be judged, but to judge. Then it will be too late. Thus the Bible says "If you hear his voice, do not harden your heart." For now is the time of mercy. Procrastination is the thief of time.
    I don't see any sanity is Him having us kill him so he can forgive our sins that He had a serpent trick us into having a penchant for committing.

    If thats what He came to do : He oughtn't have bothered because it makes Him look foolish.
  12. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11827
    11 May '05 12:17
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I don't see any sanity is Him having us kill him so he can forgive our sins that He had a serpent trick us into having a penchant for committing.

    If thats what He came to do : He oughtn't have bothered because it makes Him look foolish.
    I don't see any sanity is Him having us kill him so he can forgive our sins

    The message of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God unto salvation.

    He had a serpent trick us into having a penchant for committing.

    You are clearly confused. Where did you hear that He had the serpant trick us? Man in his own free will chose to disobey God, and thus paid the price of disobedience.
  13. Out there somewhere
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    7717
    11 May '05 12:42
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    For any waiting and hoping for a literal return of Jesus in form, I wonder how you will recognize him? By what internal or external criteria?

    There's an old saying --

    "If a pickpocket saw Jesus on the road, he'd see only his pockets."

    We tend to see what we are. Therefore, if our mind is full of delusion, or projected fantasies, then it's ...[text shortened]... authorities of his time. I strongly suspect that he'd do it again today, if given the chance.
    Rec for you, very well said sir.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    11 May '05 18:07
    Originally posted by dk3nny
    Rec for you, very well said sir.
    Wow, that was very good.

    ES
  15. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11827
    11 May '05 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    For any waiting and hoping for a literal return of Jesus in form, I wonder how you will recognize him? By what internal or external criteria?

    There's an old saying --

    "If a pickpocket saw Jesus on the road, he'd see only his ...[text shortened]... rongly suspect that he'd do it again today, if given the chance.
    Matthew 24:30 - And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

    Revelation 1:7 - Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Back to Top