1. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 18:16
    How did these two theories come to be in conflict? They simply do not presume to explain the same thing.
    Intelligent Design speaks of the origin of life itself. Evolution speaks of the process by which life adapts to it's surroundings.
    Personally, I would much rather believe in a god who created such a marvellously ingenious, and self sufficient, process as evolution, than one who created such a shoddy piece of engineering like the human body from the ground up.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 18:511 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:01
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    As an evolutionist I have no problem with the philosophy that evolution is God's mechanism for creating mankind, just as the Big Bang is God's creation mechanism. I see a great deal of evidence in the universe for the existence of God.

So it's not science that's threatened by religion. It's the other way around. Fundamentalists believe their ...[text shortened]... t counter a single scientific argument with one of his own because he can barely read and write.
    You should repent and keep faith in THE WORD OF GOD and in JESUS CHRIST.

Ok, that is as far as I can get without laughing....
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:163 edits
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    How did these two theories come to be in conflict?
    They are not in conflict as theories.

ID is a non-scientific hypothesis with a one simple testable hypothesis: nature is ordered on the basis of design principles, which scientists may discern. It, then, attempts to carry the implications of that hypothesis (assuming it survives testing) outside the realm of science to posit a Creator.

Even if we discover certain fundamental designs in the universe, that is a long way from success as a theory in the same league as Evolution. The theory of evolution is one of science's most fundamental theories, and it is at the core of scientific knowledge in many scientific disciplines, including, but not limited to geology, paleontology, biology, and genetics. As such, the theory of evolution organizes and makes sensible thousands of bits of data that scientists observe every day, much of which anyone with intact senses may perceive.

The perceived conflict, rooted mostly in dishonest articulations of the principles of scientific method, is but one salient illustration of the anti-intellectualism that runs deep in American culture. Although some of the world's best and brightest from all continents come to the United States for graduate school, the vast majority of Americans do not deserve the high school diplomas that represent the pinnacle of their academic achievement.

As far as I ave been able to discern, this issue does not exist as a controversy of any sort outside the United States.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:21

6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:32
    Oh dude, I got completely infuriated until I saw who wrote it. Don' DOO dat!
    now ya gotta give up a rec!
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:32

8. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 19:38
    Oh dude, I got completely infuriated until I saw who wrote it. Don' DOO dat!
    Sorry, couldnt resist 🙂
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 20:561 edit
    Okay man, you're right, he got me.
    I gave one too.

Any time a wulf catches a sasquatch, it is noteworthy.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 06:29
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    How did these two theories come to be in conflict? They simply do not presume to explain the same thing.
    Evolution is a scientific theory. ID is not. ID is religous propaganda with the sole purpose of trying to discredit evolution. Therefore if they are not inconflict then someone has wasted thier time.
    The sad thing is that most supporters of ID are actually creationists and therefore do not believe in ID!

As an evolutionist....
    Evolution is not a religion. You are not an evolutionist, but rather someone who agrees whith the scientific method and who has accepted the evidence for the theory of evolution as being sufficient to take the theory as fact.(Or at least as an reasonably accurate description of the way life behaves)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree