1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 01:00
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    That's the point precisely. I don't get this guys perception of heaven (though obviously he is trying to be funny). I don't get checkbaiters perception of heaven. I don't get a lot of peoples perception of heaven. Likewise, I am sure they don't get my perception of heaven. We all have our own notions of what heaven is like (assuming we believe in such a place) our would be like (for those of us who don't).
    Heaven is not a place where people float on clouds and play harps, etc. There is much in the Old Testament of farming, plenty of good food, freedom from pain, sickness, evil of any kind. We will work, but it will be enjoyable, we will have great joy. The lion will lay with the lamb, and will eat grass or some kind of vegetation. I will try and find related scripture if you would like. Isreal was excited about the coming Kingdom and thought Christ would bring it right then and there. They failed to see this period of "Grace" where the Gentiles would be brought in. The bible speaks of new bodies, incorruptible, etc.
  2. Joined
    17 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '05 07:36
    well heaven is taught, at least in my religion, to be a state you reach where you are apart of God and not your own seperate entitiy, now maybe its just because I cant imagine it, but that just doesnt sound right to me, you would think it would be like earth, but paradise, no plauge, violence, sin, ext...
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 08:01
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Heaven is not a place where people float on clouds and play harps, etc. There is much in the Old Testament of farming, plenty of good food, freedom from pain, sickness, evil of any kind. We will work, but it will be enjoyable, we will have great joy. The lion will lay with the lamb, and will eat grass or some kind of vegetation. I will try and find relat ...[text shortened]... ce" where the Gentiles would be brought in. The bible speaks of new bodies, incorruptible, etc.
    Could you cite some verses that say Heaven will be earth? I would appreciate it.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by DarkWatcher
    well heaven is taught, at least in my religion, to be a state you reach where you are apart of God and not your own seperate entitiy, now maybe its just because I cant imagine it, but that just doesnt sound right to me, you would think it would be like earth, but paradise, no plauge, violence, sin, ext...
    Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Col 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
  5. Forgotten
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 08:10
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Col 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    luke 17:21 said it best
    it is within you
    at death you become pure essence
    pure energy .it weighs about 1 oz or so
    they discovered this weighing people while they died
    this energy like electricity returns to its source
    and which polarity you are determines the source
    but it is all inside your essence to begin with
    or thats my theory .....today
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 08:42
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    luke 17:21 said it best
    it is within you
    at death you become pure essence
    pure energy .it weighs about 1 oz or so
    they discovered this weighing people while they died
    this energy like electricity returns to its source
    and which polarity you are determines the source
    but it is all inside your essence to begin with
    or thats my theory .....today
    That’s cool. So the soul weighs an once. Any references?
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 12:45
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    That's the point precisely. I don't get this guys perception of heaven (though obviously he is trying to be funny). I don't get checkbaiters perception of heaven. I don't get a lot of peoples perception of heaven. Likewise, I am sure they don't get my perception of heaven. We all have our own notions of what heaven is like (assuming we believe in such a place) our would be like (for those of us who don't).
    "Heaven vast
    Blue shimmering light
    Seagulls, wind, hot ray of sun
    Happy, happy, exploding now
    Life was real, life was fun

Headache dissolve; Surpassing
    all my treasures of within
    Peace, tranquility, everlasting
    happy, happy now

Oh, how I long for oblivion
    Sent of due drops flowery hume
    To be forever forgotten in
    this world of pain and loom

To be dissolved and reborn
    A bird or mindless rock or stone
    For my limbs are aching sore
    My soul barely lifted by my bone

Of all the things that I have done
    I regret but one thing; one thing alone
    That I didn't crack your christian skull
    into oblivion before they sealed my tomb

For I'd much rather wanted,
    to be part of heavinly sent
    To earth, to wind, to water,
    To nature's own perverted bent."

Stocken

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree