1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    05 Mar '10 17:30
    I think I would be too nice. I don't think I could throw anybody into Hell. The baddest of the bad seem to have started out like any other baby, but something other than the Devil changed them for the worse. If I have this compassion it seems odd that God would not have a greater compassion, and not some blood thirsty easily angered guy who is out for hard core justice and very little understanding. But I'm a big pussy.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    05 Mar '10 17:481 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    I think I would be too nice. I don't think I could throw anybody into Hell. The baddest of the bad seem to have started out like any other baby, but something other than the Devil changed them for the worse. If I have this compassion it seems odd that God would not have a greater compassion, and not some blood thirsty easily angered guy who is out for hard core justice and very little understanding. But I'm a big pussy.
    If someone graciously offers you a magnificent gift with no strings of any kind and you choose to flatly refuse it.... Reveal Hidden Content
    Buckky, please finish this simple (if/in the koine first condition) sentence for us both. Thanks.





    ............................................
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    05 Mar '10 18:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If someone graciously offers you a magnificent gift with no strings of any kind and you choose to flatly refuse it.... [hidden]Buckky, please finish this simple (if/in the koine first condition) sentence for us both. Thanks.[/hidden]




    ............................................
    There are strings attached.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    05 Mar '10 19:04
    Originally posted by buckky
    I think I would be too nice. I don't think I could throw anybody into Hell. The baddest of the bad seem to have started out like any other baby, but something other than the Devil changed them for the worse. If I have this compassion it seems odd that God would not have a greater compassion, and not some blood thirsty easily angered guy who is out for hard core justice and very little understanding. But I'm a big pussy.
    That would be very kind and loving of you as is God. He does not throw anyone into a burning Hell as that does not exist. It is a false teaching that originated in Babylon many centuries ago.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    05 Mar '10 19:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There [b]are strings attached.[/b]
    1. ?

    2. ?

    3. ?

    ????
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    05 Mar '10 19:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1. ?

    2. ?

    3. ?

    ????
    If there were no strings then there would no need for Christ to commission Paul and others to go preach the gospel to every creature now, would there?
    No need for Christ to return and judge.

    There must be strings.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    05 Mar '10 20:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1. ?

    2. ?

    3. ?

    ????
    There are disastrous repercussions that go along with refusing this 'gift.' If there were no strings attached, then there would be no consequences to refusing it.
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    05 Mar '10 20:46
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There are disastrous repercussions that go along with refusing this 'gift.' If there were no strings attached, then there would be no consequences to refusing it.
    Exactly.
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    05 Mar '10 20:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If someone graciously offers you a magnificent gift with no strings of any kind and you choose to flatly refuse it.... [hidden]Buckky, please finish this simple (if/in the koine first condition) sentence for us both. Thanks.[/hidden]




    ............................................
    You mean if somebody offers me a gun to the head if I don't see it their way that is no strings attached ? That seems like a big string to me.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    06 Mar '10 03:13
    Originally posted by buckky
    I think I would be too nice. I don't think I could throw anybody into Hell. The baddest of the bad seem to have started out like any other baby, but something other than the Devil changed them for the worse. If I have this compassion it seems odd that God would not have a greater compassion, and not some blood thirsty easily angered guy who is out for hard core justice and very little understanding. But I'm a big pussy.
    Perhaps just a good spanking or prolonged tme out? Yep, that should set them straight.
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    06 Mar '10 03:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    Perhaps just a good spanking or prolonged tme out? Yep, that should set them straight.
    You make it sound like Hell is an effective way to "set them straight".
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    06 Mar '10 03:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You make it sound like Hell is an effective way to "set them straight".
    Nope. I look at it more like prison. Its not really rehabilitation as it is keeping them off the streets so that they can run things amuck.
  13. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    06 Mar '10 06:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nope. I look at it more like prison. Its not really rehabilitation as it is keeping them off the streets so that they can run things amuck.
    So are conditions in this prison as nice as possible, or is the prison warder naturally mean?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    06 Mar '10 06:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So are conditions in this prison as nice as possible, or is the prison warder naturally mean?
    A better question would be what is the condition of the souls of those in prison? Are they naturally mean? If they are, then hell resides inside them.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    06 Mar '10 08:02
    Originally posted by buckky
    You mean if somebody offers me a gun to the head if I don't see it their way that is no strings attached ? That seems like a big string to me.
    You still have a choice as to what to be doing if someone puts a gun to your head. You don't "have" to see it their way.
Back to Top