1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 20:101 edit
    was the gouging out of eyes of all babies born by women with blonde hair, would "H"e still be "Holy"?

If not, why is there no problem with "H"im setting the price as death?
    If you're able to answer that. can you follow up by answering how much holier it is to demand death and blood-shed than to give us all a damn-good telling-off instead, say!
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 20:17
    Your query asks more than can be answered here, but suffice to say this much: HE set the bar impossibly high, higher than could be achieved through human means.

And then HE fulfilled the need.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 09:24
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your query asks more than can be answered here, but suffice to say this much: HE set the bar impossibly high, higher than could be achieved through human means.

And then HE fulfilled the need.
    So he made sure we couldn't do it then did it himself? Why? Just so he can prove he's a bigger god than us? And why is the old bugger wasting our time? If we can't achieve it and he's done it already, why all the fuss about it?

I entered this place as an agnostic but I am rapidly becoming atheist on this particular god. He is just too silly to be real.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 12:37
    Originally posted by Agerg
    was the gouging out of eyes of all babies born by women with blonde hair, would "H"e still be "Holy"?

If not, why is there no problem with "H"im setting the price as death?
    If you're able to answer that. can you follow up by answering how much holier it is to demand death and blood-shed than to give us all a damn-good telling-off instead, say!
    Setting the price for something goes towards its value and cost, it isn't just
    picked out of the air just because that is what you want. The value of anything
    is set by it worth, and that will be set by either the good or the bad things it
    can do, or what people are willing to pay! Sin's cost or wages for it is death,
    that is where it leads, those that choose it choose death's end. The cost of it is
    very high, to do away with its stain or damage is due to that.
    Kelly
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Setting the price for something goes towards its value and cost, it isn't just
    picked out of the air just because that is what you want. The value of anything
    is set by it worth, and that will be set by either the good or the bad things it
    can do, or what people are willing to pay! Sin's cost or wages for it is death,
    that is where it leads, those that end. The cost of it is
    very high, to do away with its stain or damage is due to that.
    Kelly
    Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying that sin is really really valuable? (or 'to die for' 🙂 ) Or should I use 'worthy' in place of 'valuable' in that sentence?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 12:26
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So he made sure we couldn't do it then did it himself? Why? Just so he can prove he's a bigger god than us? And why is the old bugger wasting our time? If we can't achieve it and he's done it already, why all the fuss about it?

I entered this place as an agnostic but I am rapidly becoming atheist on this particular god. He is just too silly to be real.
    Obvious over simplification of the process, so don't read too much into the generalization.
    He made us to run on Him.
    Anything less than Him in the engine and it dies.
    I don't know that I would characterize the creation of eternal life as anything anywhere near a waste of time.
    Hell, I'm not even sure that makes sense to you!

You rate your thoughts as important.
    Fancy that God puts some type of premium on them as well.
    That's what all the fuss is about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree