1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 04:01
    For the sake of the thought experiment, if the universe had no beginning and will have no end, what are the implications for the human race and the ideas its members expound upon?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 04:201 edit
    @fmf said
    For the sake of the thought experiment, if the universe had no beginning and will have no end, what are the implications for the human race and the ideas its members expound upon?
    If the universe, the earth and humans were created circa 6,000 years ago, then all the billions of galaxies, the super-massive black holes at their centres and the trillions of stars orbiting each of them, must have been created as completed cosmic items already travelling at phenomenal speeds away from a point of origin … from which they didn’t actually originate.

Furthermore Einstein and other pioneering scientist since have shown that time itself is a product of mass and relative velocity and is not fixed. This has been proven using atomic clocks which flown at speed an altitude in our own atmosphere, which show that time slows minutely for the clock in the place relative to an identical atomic clock on the ground. Therefore when we look at galaxies billions of light years away we aren’t just looking at them as they were billions of years ago, they are actually experiencing a completely different passage of time itself relative to us observing it.

So here’s another thing; if light from a galaxy takes a billion years to travel the vast expanse of space to reach my eye, then that light must have also been created 6,000 years ago actually on route to my eye and only 6,000 light years away.

Therefore the implication is that the light we see as galaxies does NOT actually come from the galaxies it is the creators expression of what the galaxy looks like but we won’t see the actual galaxy for another billion (minus 6000) years when the real light from the actual galaxy finally gets to us.

That FMF, is one hell of an implication.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 04:23
    @fmf said
    Obviously there would be nothing in the middle either, so what are we doing here?
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 06:08
    P.S. @divegeester -- Mine was more concise, but I've always been more of a poet than a prosodist -- which is not to say there's anything wrong with prosody! 😉
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 06:25
    @kevin-eleven said
    Mine was more concise
    When you say virtually nothing and stand for even less, words aren’t even required.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 06:401 edit
    @divegeester said
    When you say virtually nothing and stand for even less, words aren’t even required.
    Mm.

Everything says itself.

It doesn't need me to "stand for it" in your creepy micro Earthling turn of phrase.

Interestingly, though you say "words aren't even required," you do blab on and on nevertheless at no-one's request.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:23
    @kevin-eleven said
    Mm.

Everything says itself.

It doesn't need me to "stand for it" in your creepy micro Earthling turn of phrase.

Interestingly, though you say "words aren't even required," you do blab on and on nevertheless at no-one's request.
    Are you going to shat in every thread?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:25
    @divegeester said
    Are you going to shat in every thread?
    Whatever, "nephew".
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:27
    @kevin-eleven said
    Whatever, "nephew".
    One thing you aren’t aware of is that Very Rusty is my estranged father.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:33
    @divegeester said
    One thing you aren’t aware of is that Very Rusty is my estranged father.
    I have no reason to believe that, but I do wonder if you and Ghost are getting back together, and if maybe that's the explanation behind all your smoke and mirrors.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:35
    @kevin-eleven said
    I have no reason to believe that
    But you do believe that Russ is related to me?
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:36
    @divegeester said
    But you do believe that Russ is related to me?
    Why would I believe anything you write?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:382 edits
    @kevin-eleven said
    I do wonder if you and Ghost are getting back together, and if maybe that's the explanation behind all your smoke and mirrors.
    Are you referring to his recent slapping of your chops coinciding with my slapping of your chops, and drawing an arbitrary inference that it’s not because you’re a forum rat-weasel, but it is a conspiracy being mounted against you?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:39
    @kevin-eleven said
    Why would I believe anything you write?
    You keep mentioning it, do you believe it?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Nov '22 07:44
    @divegeester said
    You keep mentioning it, do you believe it?
    Why do you have such difficulty with being honest?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree