If you were not to follow....

If you were not to follow....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
13 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by powershaker
Well, I don't know how you can say that, when it was prophesied in the Bible that the Messiah would come, and a star would signify his coming. And, why would three wise men follow the sign of Christ's coming to a manger in Bethlehem. Jesus must have been pretty special if He wasn't God in the flesh. Yep, I don't think I would traipse all over the arid ...[text shortened]... Him, and Blessed is He who believes in the Christ and has not seen Him! He loves all of us!
He loves all of us!

Then I am sure it will grieve Him to no end when He willingly tosses me in the "Lake of Fire".

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
13 Mar 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]He loves all of us!

Then I am sure it will grieve Him to no end when He willingly tosses me in the "Lake of Fire".[/b]
He does it because he loves you. Kinda like when a loving father burns his child with cigarettes for lying. The kid is a sinful, wicked creature and so obviously deserves it. Besides, cigarette burns are nothing compared to what God is going to do with him later. At least, cigarette burns stop.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
13 Mar 06

A more apt description would be intellectual mastrubation.

At least in this "cess pool," you are the undisputed authority on the subject.

Good night, and good luck.

Communist.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
13 Mar 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I think I've wasted enough of your time with my random distribution of baseless minutia.
I'd really love for your last post to have a grammatical error in it -- it would be so preciously
ironic -- so, please, don't post again so I can relish this.

Minutiae is the plural, Mr 'Pseudo-Intellectual.

When you're ready to discard your security blanket and really discuss what Scripture says,
you'll find me a willing participant.

Toodles!

Nemesio

L

Moves
13 Mar 06

Originally posted by telerion
He does it because he loves you. Kinda like when a loving father burns his child with cigarettes for lying. The kid is a sinful, wicked creature and so obviously deserves it. Besides, cigarette burns are nothing compared to what God is going to do with him later. At least, cigarette burns stop.
Maybe powershaker's God stole a few pages from the White Trash Parenting Guide on how to learn your young'uns some manners.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Mar 06

Originally posted by bbarr
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
He'll be back.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Now, now, children. Do we always have to chew each other's heads off about the slightest piece of... meh... whatever? Ivanhoe might be right about his wolf-pack, (and three -- or is it four -- against one is really not fair), but I'm still left speechless at the little spirituality shown in this forum.* Can't we just grow up, folks?!

*Disclaimer: I readily admit that I'm not above it all and have sometimes lost my head and posted something I regret later.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by telerion
Are you serious? Cig burn for lying...Damn, that is worse than Eye for an Eye.
Thank you for solidifying my belief.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]He loves all of us!

Then I am sure it will grieve Him to no end when He willingly tosses me in the "Lake of Fire".[/b]
Yep. You got the imagery perfectly -- God picking a hapless struggling victim up by the ears and giggling maniacally as He tosses him into a giant fire.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Yep. You got the imagery perfectly -- God picking a hapless struggling victim up by the ears and giggling maniacally as He tosses him into a giant fire.
You get his point, though?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You get his point, though?
Not if hell is a self-imposed state of being.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Mar 06

Not if hell is a self-imposed state of being.
Considering who the post is addressed to and what sort of statements that person has been know to make, LJ has a point.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Considering who the post is addressed to and what sort of statements that person has been know to make, LJ has a point.
Perhaps I've not been considerate, but what type of statements are you talking about?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Mar 06

Perhaps I've not been considerate, but what type of statements are you talking about?
Do a search on powershaker's posts.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Mar 06

Do a search on powershaker's posts.
He doesn't post much in spirituality anymore. Seems to be mostly the evangelical line -- repent, turn to Christ, etc, etc.