1. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 14:592 edits
    Words that seems to be alien to the language of some Christians. These words are ignored because IF these words are included in their vocabulary THEN their entire doctrine will fall like a deck of cards or wash away like the proverbial house built on sand.

In the Bible these words are used by Jesus several times :

Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
    John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
    John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
    Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Anyone with a reasonable grasp of the english language can see that Jesus is saying that:

IF someone follows his commandments :
    - THEN that person is a disciple
    - THEN that person is never sees death
    - THEN that person will abide in Christ's love
    - THEN the Comforter is sent to that person for ever
    - THEN that person is a friend of Christ
    - THEN that person will enter into life
    - THEN that person will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Many Christians however go to great lengths to prove that following of Christ's commandments is unecessary and even a wrong thing to do .... an amazing doctrine indeed.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Words that seems to be alien to the language of some Christians. These words are ignored because IF these words are included in their vocabulary THEN their entire doctrine will fall like a deck of cards or wash away like the proverbial house built on sand.

[i]Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt e ...[text shortened]... hrist's commandments is unecessary and even a wrong thing to do .... an amazing doctrine indeed.
    Can you provide an example of where a Christian has said that the 'following of Christ's commandments is a wrong thing to do?'
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:17

[i]Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt e ...[text shortened]... hrist's commandments is unecessary and even a wrong thing to do .... an amazing doctrine indeed.
    Mind showing me where I or anyone here suggests that we don't need to follow Christ's
    words, to not do good works and so on? You take a lot of liberties with others beliefs that
    you do not understand at all yet have no issue painting them as something they are not.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Can you provide an example of where a Christian has said that the 'following of Christ's commandments is a wrong thing to do?'
    Here is the gist of what they say and you decide what it means:

- Sonship calls me Legalistic [its not a compliment]
    - Checkbaiter said Im a Pharisee [again an insult]
    - RBHill [some years ago] said Im trying to do Gods work for him
    - Kelly Jay said Im chasing away people from Christ
    - Dive said Im trying to earn my salvation
    - Josephw said Im a works person

[all said in relation to me saying that a person MUST follow the commandments of Jesus.

None of the above are meant to be a compliment but are designed to discourage me/people from following commandments of Christ.

My memory is not all that good so I have forgotten some of the insults .. but I remember being called Satan and other words which are to show that Im against Christ rather than for Christ.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 15:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Mind showing me where I or anyone here suggests that we don't need to follow Christ's
    words, to not do good works and so on? You take a lot of liberties with others beliefs that
    you do not understand at all yet have no issue painting them as something they are not.
    IN another thread you said :

Christ lives in those He saves

I asked you to provide a reference for your statement : Do you have one?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '16 08:382 edits
    - Dive said Im trying to earn my salvation...

....all said in relation to me saying that a person MUST follow the commandments of Jesus.
    This is the 4th time I've had to call you out for misrepresenting what I've said. In fact you do it so often I am coming to suspect that you are a bare faced liar.

I have NEVER responded to you stating that 'we are to follow the teachings of Christ' by saying 'you are trying earn your salvation'.

4 times inside a week I've called you on doing this. If you don't stop doing it then I'm going to have to consign you in with the the other dishonest people in this forum and treat you with the contempt you would deserve.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '16 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is the 4th time I've had to call you out for misrepresenting what I've said. In fact you do it so often I am coming to suspect that you are a bare faced liar.

I have NEVER responded to you stating that 'we are to follow the teachings of Christ' by saying 'you are trying earn your salvation'.

4 times inside a week I've called you on doing this. ...[text shortened]... the the other dishonest people in this forum and treat you with the contempt you would deserve.
    You made these statements about me several years ago. You just dont remember.

You had condemned my interpretation of the doctrine of Christ by quoting Isaiah's reference to filthy rags and stated that works is filthy rags and 'MY' works doctrine is filthy rags and works is trying to earn salvation.

This has been going on for many years.

Oh .. if you really think I care about where you put me or what contempt you have for what I say then I think you have a problem. Im not here to find friends.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '16 12:01

You had condemned my interpretation of the doctrine of Christ by quoting Isaiah's reference to filthy rags and stated that works is filthy rags and 'MY' works doctrine is filthy rags and works is trying to earn salvation.

Oh .. if yo ...[text shortened]... t contempt you have for what I say then I think you have a problem. Im not here to find friends.
    How can you belief words written about JC 50 to 100 years after he survived the cross and was coated with healing herbs and went up the Silk road to found several monasteries only to die years later in Kashmire?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '16 19:09

Oh .. if yo ...[text shortened]... t contempt you have for what I say then I think you have a problem. Im not here to find friends.
    If you are going to make claims about what I've said about something as controversial as what's in your OP, then you need to post links. Otherwise retract your claim.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '16 19:43
    If you are going to make claims about what I've said about something as controversial as what's in your OP, then you need to post links. Otherwise retract your claim.
    No ... sorry.

What is controversial about what is in the OP?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '16 04:401 edit
    No ... sorry.

What is controversial about what is in the OP?
    Several times in the last week you have deliberately misrepresented what I've said, I've asked you to provide evidence backing up what you are claiming I've said, and you cannot. You refuse to retract your claims about me and refuse to apologise.

You go on and on and on about following Christ; what a joke you are becoming.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 May '16 10:25
    Several times in the last week you have deliberately misrepresented what I've said, I've asked you to provide evidence backing up what you are claiming I've said, and you cannot. You refuse to retract your claims about me and refuse to apologise.

You go on and on and on about following Christ; what a joke you are becoming.
    You dont not agree with the opening post. Then say what statements are wrong and if they are wrong then you must also know what is the correct statement. So please provide it. But you cannot because you are a liar. You have disagreed with my interpretation of the teachings of Christ for years now and you continually referred to good works as filthy rags, something that CHrist never said. The fact that your actual words and quotes are difficult to find as its years ago, does not make me a liar. You have no conscience [typical of your version of Christianity] if you are now trying to deny that.

So move along and go attack someone else.

And the real joke are jokers like yourself that twist the teachings of Jesus or dont even believe in the teachings of Jesus and yet you have to gall to claim that you are saved and saved eternally. That is the joke. Because the truth is in the openng post:

Christ said that IF you do certain things ONLY THEN, you will get certain things from him. But you continue to deny Christ. You are nothing.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 May '16 12:041 edit
    You dont not agree with the opening post. Then say what statements are wrong and if they are wrong then you must also know what is the correct statement. So please provide it. But you cannot because you are a liar. You have disagreed with my interpretation of the teachings of Christ for years now and you continually referred to good works as filthy rags, so ...[text shortened]... LY THEN, you will get certain things from him. But you continue to deny Christ. You are nothing.
    I'm talking about what you claim I have said, not about the rest of your post!

Of course you actually really know this, and are just dodging my point about you consistently lying about what I've said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree