1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    06 Feb '14 00:541 edit
    I changed my mind.
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    34126
    06 Feb '14 13:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.
    At the moment, this seems to be the most interesting thread on this page....

    Eye-opener: So people can actually change their minds!

    The trouble seems to be that some posters post far too quickly, and if they had thought about what they were writing for maybe a microsecond longer, they would probably also change their minds!

    Here's to youšŸ˜€
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Feb '14 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.

    Wonder how much of a hurdle or barrier the loss of approval from likeminded friends would pose for an atheist.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Feb '14 20:21
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.
    This thread represents human nature. Once we are told not to do something we must do it.

    It's like that flippin Apple Tree in Eden. šŸ˜›
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Feb '14 20:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.
    Finally, a convert.

    After decades of fruitless debate and head banging someone has been converted!!! šŸ˜µ
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    14 Feb '14 21:16
    Originally posted by CalJust
    At the moment, this seems to be the most interesting thread on this page....

    Eye-opener: So people can actually change their minds!

    The trouble seems to be that some posters post far too quickly, and if they had thought about what they were writing for maybe a microsecond longer, they would probably also change their minds!

    Here's to youšŸ˜€
    I've done it before. Typed up an entire diatribe and then decided I can't even convince myself with the crap I just typed. It happens.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    14 Feb '14 21:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by JS357
    [b]I changed my mind.


    Wonder how much of a hurdle or barrier the loss of approval from likeminded friends would pose for an atheist.[/b]
    Most people actually do respond to peer pressure. Why do you think smoking is now banned almost *everywhere*? Simple, it became socially unacceptable.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Feb '14 23:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Most people actually do respond to peer pressure. Why do you think smoking is now banned almost *everywhere*? Simple, it became socially unacceptable.
    Would an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from other atheists in an online forum who naively places a premium on social acceptance be more likely or less likely to change his or her mind

    than an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from other atheists in an online forum who likes being liked but places a greater priority on knowing the truth than on social acceptance?
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Feb '14 00:09
    Originally posted by JS357
    I changed my mind.
    I changed my mind, for a better one.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    34126
    15 Feb '14 14:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    I changed my mind, for a better one.
    Sorry, j, I wanted to click on "Reply" above your post, and pushed the thumbs down by mistake.

    Should you wish to trade in your mind for a better one, you will receive all the support from me that I am able to give!
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Joined
    20 Apr '04
    Moves
    34126
    15 Feb '14 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

    than an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from other atheists in an online forum who likes being liked but places a greater priority on knowing the truth than on social acceptance?
    Why should atheists act different from anybody else (your brand of Christians, for example) when it comes to Truth and Peer Pressure?

    Both you and RHJ have demonstrated that when faced with an inescapable conclusion (which you yourself have admitted at some point!) then you rather run for cover and start a new thread!

    Peer pressure? Look inside, GB!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    15 Feb '14 14:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from other atheists in an online forum who naively places a premium on social acceptance be more likely or less likely to change his or her mind

    than an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from ...[text shortened]... likes being liked but places a greater priority on knowing the truth than on social acceptance?
    If I read your run-on sentence correctly, I answer less likely.
  13. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8559
    16 Feb '14 21:07
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Why should atheists act different from anybody else (your brand of Christians, for example) when it comes to Truth and Peer Pressure?

    Both you and RHJ have demonstrated that when faced with an inescapable conclusion (which you yourself have admitted at some point!) then you rather run for cover and start a new thread!

    Peer pressure? Look inside, GB!
    CalJust

    Could you point me to an example where you thought Grampy Bobby specifically was faced with an inescapabe conclusion which he admitted at some point ?
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14574
    16 Feb '14 21:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from other atheists in an online forum who naively places a premium on social acceptance be more likely or less likely to change his or her mind

    than an atheist under peer pressure (to apply empiricism and rationalism instead of faith in Christ) from ...[text shortened]... likes being liked but places a greater priority on knowing the truth than on social acceptance?
    Does this question pertain to the atheists on this forum, GB? Do you think that we atheists are reluctant to change our minds on certain issues because of fellow atheists? If so, do you have specific examples of this behaviour?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Feb '14 21:222 edits
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Why should atheists act different from anybody else (your brand of Christians, for example) when it comes to Truth and Peer Pressure?

    Both you and RHJ have demonstrated that when faced with an inescapable conclusion (which you yourself have admitted at some point!) then you rather run for cover and start a new thread!

    Peer pressure? Look inside, GB!
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Why Do Atheists Like to Write on..." Thread 157956 (Page three)
    Original post by CalJust, 20 Jan '12 02:13 "Question to RJHINDS" Thread 144690 (Page one)

    I have a dilemma - on the one hand I am committed to love and support any brother in Christ, but on the other hand, we are explicitly warned against imposters. (I'm sure you know the verses.)

    For this reason Jesus urges us to judge others by their fruits. (Mt 7, 20)

    It has been stated that you may be an atheist trolling as Christian in order to bring Christianity into disrepute.

    Admittedly, RHP is a very small window to judge your fruit - we cannot see you at home, at work or in your society. However, it is the only window that we have.

    Could you therefore please answer this simple question:

    Which of the Fruits of the Spirit from Gal 5 do you feel that you are exhibiting on RHP?

    Love
    Joy
    Peace
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control

    In peace,

    CJ

    CJ, thanks to the content and tone of this January 2013 thread, I now have no question whatever that you've placed your faith in Christ at an earlier time in your life and that you've been accurately taught some bible doctrine along the way.
    _______________________________

    Same Christianity, CJ. A year ago you weren't in denial due to persisting Lutheran Church Flashbacks from your childhood.
Back to Top