1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 13:32
    Repent now sinners! Your chance to talk to the great one in the sky:

http://www.titane.ca/concordia/dfar251/igod/

Here's a transription of mine (although admittedly I didn't really do the whole 'I want to repent thing'πŸ˜‰:

Me:
    I don't actually believe in you, I'm fully aware that this is just a construct of someone's imagination
    God:
    Would you ever do it?
    Me:
    I doubt it
    God:
    You doubt it?
    Me:
    I don't see any reason to believe in you
    God:
    Look harder.
    Me:
    but that's my point, there is no evidence
    God:
    Who gave you your point there is no evidence ?
    Me:
    you can't give a point of no evidence. It is evident by it's absence
    God:
    I have free will you know. Should I know this?
    Me:
    Of course
    God:
    Wow!
    Me:
    You are as mad as those Christians I berate all day
    God:
    How mad as those Christians you berate all day?
    Me:
    You talk in riddles, you defy logic and you appeal to a false mystery to cover your own lack of existence
    God:
    Thanks for your criticism, .
    Me:
    So are you going to take any of it on board?
    God:
    I don't judge people. That was my original intention.
    Me:
    But you do!
    God:
    When do I do it?
    Me:
    All the time, you send them to hell if they don't comply with your standards
    God:
    Perhaps there are a few exceptions.
    Me:
    Not according to the bible
    God:
    Really you don't think so?
    Me:
    You know so. There are no exceptions
    God:
    Have faith, .
    Me:
    F@ck off

At that point God refused to talk to me anymore, which I thought was quite amusing and raised my opinion of him somewhat.
  2. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 13:48
    Originally posted by Starrman

Me:
    but that's my point, there is no evidence
    You choose not to believe in god and take as a reason for this that you dont have evidence of his existence. This implies that you do not believe anything if you dont have proof of it.

Then why do you believe that there is no god without having evidence of this?
    Would it be better to say that you do not know if there is a god?
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 13:59
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    You choose not to believe in god and take as a reason for this that you dont have evidence of his existence. This implies that you do not believe anything if you dont have proof of it.

Ugg. This was supposed to be a light hearted look at talking to god. Here's the official definition of my standpoint, but I'm not going to discuss it further here:

I am a weak atheist. I deny the existence of the supernatural, god(s) based on a lack of evidence. Were compelling evidence to arise, I would be forced to reassess my standpoint. Until such time as this happens I will continue to uphold my lack of belief.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 14:01
    Ugg. This was supposed to be a light hearted look at talking to god. Here's the official definition of my standpoint, but I'm not going to discuss it further here:

I am a weak atheist. I deny the existence of the supernatural, god(s) based on a lack of evidence. Were compelling evidence to arise, I would be forced to reassess my standpoint. Until such time as this happens I will continue to uphold my lack of belief.
    wouldn't a strong atheist have to do the same?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 14:02
    I am a weak atheist.
    I, too, was once a weak atheist. Now, thanks to Charles Atlas, I am a strong gay Christian. But they won't let me marry my drill instructor 😞
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 14:071 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    wouldn't a strong atheist have to do the same?
    I made no assertion about strong atheism for or against.
  7. Calgary
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 15:091 edit
    God:
    Try to determine if this is a person or a computer responding.
    Me:
    computer
    God:
    Correct: I am a computer.

kinda says it all doesn't it?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 15:39

Here's a transription of mine (although admittedly I didn't really do the whole 'I want to repent thing'πŸ˜‰:

Me:
    I don't actually believe in you, I'm fully aware that this is just a construct of someone's imagination
    God:
    Woul ...[text shortened]... to talk to me anymore, which I thought was quite amusing and raised my opinion of him somewhat.
    God doesn't send people to hell, they send themselves there by rejecting him. People have a free will you know.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 15:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God doesn't send people to hell, they send themselves there by rejecting him. People have a free will you know.
    Sheesh! Do any of you Christomatons have a sense of humour? Don't answer that.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 15:54
    😡

😏
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 16:081 edit

Me:
    God:
    Woul ...[text shortened]... to talk to me anymore, which I thought was quite amusing and raised my opinion of him somewhat.
    There must be something wrong with my browser:

Me:
    Are you for real?

<No answer for 15 minutes>

Or igod has taken a coffee break.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 16:44
    well, I don't believe that God thinks that yours is funny.

You that one word in the Bible that Jesus called people it starts with the letter "H".
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 16:45
    Originally posted by Halitose
    There must be something wrong with my browser:

Me:
    Are you for real?

<No answer for 15 minutes>

Or igod has taken a coffee break.
    God always is ready to listen, but he looks at the heart and right now you have a negative one.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 16:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God always is ready to listen, but he looks at the heart and right now you have a negative one.
    God always is ready to listen

Absolutely RB. Thats the difference between the malfunctioning java script on that webpage and God.
  15. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    27 Sep '05 16:52
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard

Personal definition - "I don't believe": Consider something to be highly improbable in light of the evidence , or to be highly improbable for lack of evidence .

That said : I do not count the existence of god (as discribed/portrayed by the traditional christians here) as an impossiblity , but as highly improbable .
    There is more evidence for the Loch Ness Monster , UFO's being extra terrestrial visitors , Big Foot , ghosts , and the CIA killing JFK .
    There is another group of mythological figures there is even less credible evidence for , yet some people believe in : fairys , elves , Chubra Cabras(sp?) , mermaids , etc . I put jesus , god , holy spirit , etc into this latter catagory .
    Just as I do not alter my life significantly because of all of these unexplained phenomeneons , I do not alter my life significantly for remote possibility of a judgemental god of an anchient nomadic middle-eastern tribe running the present day show .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree