1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 20:37
    Originally posted by Agerg
    (or find a PhD) and so I'll take this as an opportunity to apologise for the aggressive tone of my posts lately and leave you be for a while.
    ;][/b]
    Are there any PhD's in athiesm? Oh, that's right, there are none. My bad.

It seems that only those of faith take the time and energy to get educated as to what various theologies are trying to teach us. My bad. ๐Ÿ˜€
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 20:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are there any PhD's in athiesm? Oh, that's right, there are none. My bad.

It seems that only those of faith take the time and energy to get educated as to what various theologies are trying to teach us. My bad. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Do you ever stop and think before you type?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 22:55
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Well, in most countries, research degrees are funded and students nonetheless have teaching or assistant research responsibilities in the faculty. A PhD in short is a job.
    Getting a PhD is a way to show that you are willing and able to do grunt work for the benefit of your superiors, and that the only motivation you require is the hope that you will someday be one of them.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '11 05:21
    Originally posted by JS357
    Getting a PhD is a way to show that you are willing and able to do grunt work for the benefit of your superiors, and that the only motivation you require is the hope that you will someday be one of them.
    You are describing most corporate HR strategies!
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Jun '11 10:561 edit
    Cheers guys for the good wishes and all; moreover, as I said; it's just going to be a lengthy sabbatical whilst I get my head together - I will be back - atheistic as ever! >>:]

As for the PhD that I'm going for I'm applying to get a scholarship in the numerical analysis group at manchester (school of mathematics); otherwise I'll just reintroduce myself the the world of work that I left behind four years ago to do my MMATH degree and then try again next year.

Proper Knob and Divegeester: Once my plans and living arrangements are sorted I'll send you both a message with regards to a meet up - would be good if others turned up also but I don't know who else (would you be up for something like that Robbie Carrobie?) lives in the UK.

This will be my last response on these forums for now.

-- Greg
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '11 11:08
    Cheers guys for the good wishes and all; moreover, as I said; it's just going to be a lengthy sabbatical whilst I get my head together - I will be back - atheistic as ever! >>:]

As for the PhD that I'm going for I'm applying to get a scholarship in the numerical analysis group at manchester (school of mathematics); otherwise I'll just reintroduce myself the ...[text shortened]... e?) lives in the UK.

-- Greg
    yes i have friends in Sheffield and Manchester that i visit, but i dunno if you'd be hip enough for us, they are West Indian ๐Ÿ™‚ All the best - regards - Robbie.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 10:50

As for the PhD that I'm going for I'm applying to get a scholarship in the numerical analysis group at manchester (school of mathematics); otherwise I'll just reintroduce myself the ...[text shortened]... e?) lives in the UK.

-- Greg
    Take care๐Ÿ™‚

wi' tippeny, we fear no evil; wi' usquebae, we 'll face the devil๐Ÿ˜ต

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree