1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 07:48
    Not so much a goodbye (I'll no doubt be back in a few months) but more of an acknowledgement that I am offering little these days other than my strong stance in opposition to fundamentalist christianity and no doubt p!ssing people off (moderate theists) who are not my targets.
    Moreover now uni is over its time to stop procrastinating and embrace the real world (or find a PhD) and so I'll take this as an opportunity to apologise for the aggressive tone of my posts lately and leave you be for a while.
    ;]
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 07:511 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Not so much a goodbye (I'll no doubt be back in a few months) but more of an acknowledgement that I am offering little these days other than my strong stance in opposition to fundamentalist christianity and no doubt p!ssing people off (moderate theists) who are not my targets.
    Moreover now uni is over its time to stop procrastinating and embrace the real wor nity to apologise for the aggressive tone of my posts lately and leave you be for a while.
    ;]
    oh dear Agers, we were not terrorised, we know deep inside you are a theist, its just self denial that made you like that 😛 , whatever you do, please take care - all the best - kind regards Robbie.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 09:10
    Moreover now uni is over its time to stop procrastinating and embrace the real wor ...[text shortened]... nity to apologise for the aggressive tone of my posts lately and leave you be for a while.
    ;]
    Send me a message and we'll meet up for a drink sometime.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 11:32
    Moreover now uni is over its time to stop procrastinating and embrace the real wor ...[text shortened]... nity to apologise for the aggressive tone of my posts lately and leave you be for a while.
    ;]
    I don't think you are going to find any PHD's laying around in the
    real world. You will have to put time and effort in getting one of
    those, if it is to be of any use to you in the real world. But in the
    real world, maybe, you will discover that there still is a need for
    God. I wish you well and have no hard feelings, regardless of the
    tone, I may presented in my writings.
  5. St. Peter's
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 13:28
    ;]
    Peace be with you.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 13:29
    Good riddance.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 15:141 edit
    But who will take up the slack? Me? Hell no. I'm lucky to be stringing this sentence along...
    All the best mate.
    you are a true .... err... person? bloke?
    Heck, I'm gonna miss your "no stance" stance on things ...
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 17:16
    Don't stay away too long dude.

Best of luck in your endeavours, I feel confident that you'll find a good path.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 01:36
    ;]
    Honestly, I don't mind being your target. At least one of them. I have never been offended personally by anything you've said.Reveal Hidden Content
    no matter how hard you tried
    😉
    I'll be looking forward to your return.

I hope you feel the same.

God speed with the PhD.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 02:13
    ;]
    What discipline would you pursue your PhD in?
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 02:46
    ;]
    Just be well.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 04:00
    Your hiatus will be the Spirituality Forum's loss. Good luck with the planned eggheadery. Succumb to the temptation to return here should it pluck on your heart and brain strings.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 06:42
    ;]
    Stop pissing about in higher education and get a job; once you get your first a-hole of a boss you will wish there was a God!

All the best buddy.

Ditto on the beers with PK by the way.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 07:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Stop pissing about in higher education and get a job; once you get your first a-hole of a boss you will wish there was a God!

All the best buddy.

Ditto on the beers with PK by the way.
    Well, in most countries, research degrees are funded and students nonetheless have teaching or assistant research responsibilities in the faculty. A PhD in short is a job.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 18:36
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Well, in most countries, research degrees are funded and students nonetheless have teaching or assistant research responsibilities in the faculty. A PhD in short is a job.
    I know I know...shhh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree