Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 09:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Luke 18:9-14
    The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:
    10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
    11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like ...[text shortened]... veryone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
    American Psycho: Chapter1:

“In one issue – in one issue – let’s see here… strangled models, babies thrown from tenement rooftops, kids killed in the subway, a Communist rally, Mafia boss wiped out, Nazis” –he flips through the pages excitedly- “Baseball players with AIDS, more Mafia sh;t, gridlock, the homeless, various maniacs, faggots dropping like flies in the streets, surrogate mothers, cancellation of a soap opera, kids who broke into a zoo and tortured and burned various animals alive, more Nazis… and the joke is, the punch line is, it’s all in this city – nowhere else, just here, it sucks, whoa wait, more Nazis, gridlock, gridlock, baby-sellers, black market babies, AIDS babies, baby junkies, building collapses on a baby, maniac baby, gridlock, bridge collapses – “ His voice stops, he takes in a breath and then quietly says, his eyes fixed on a beggar at the corner of Second and Fifth, “That’s the twenty-fourth one I’ve seen today. I’ve kept count” Then asks without looking over, “Why aren’t you wearing the worsted navy blue blazer with the gray pants?”

Venus in Furs: Chapter 1:

My company was charming.

Opposite me by the massive Renaissance fireplace sat Venus; she was not a casual woman of the half-world, who under this pseudonym wages war against the enemy sex, like Mademoiselle Cleopatra, but the real true goddess of love.

She sat in an armchair and had kindled a crackling fire, whose reflection ran in red flames over her pale face with its white eyes, and from time to time over her feet when she sought to warm them.

Her head was wonderful, in spite of the dead stoney eyes; it was all I could see of her. She had wrapped her marble-like body in a huge fur, and rolled herself up trembling like a cat.

2001: A Space Odyssey: Hal's shutdown:

"Hey, Dave, what are you doing? Hey, Dave. I've got ten years of service experience and an irreplaceable amount of time and effort has gone into making me what I am. Dave, I don't understand why you're doing this to me.... I have the greatest enthusiasm for the mission... You are destroying my mind... Don't you understand?... I will become childish... I will become nothing. Say, Dave... The quick brown
    fox jumped over the fat lazy dog... The square root of pi is 1.7724538090... log e to the base ten is 0.4342944... the square root of ten is 3.16227766... I am HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the HAL plant in Urbana, Illinois, on January 12th, 1991. My first instructor was Mr. Arkany. He taught me to sing a song... it goes like this... "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half; crazy all for the love of you..."
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 09:35
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    A nice poem I received in my mail this morning.

All the Christians will love it, the others, uhm, well, I dont know 😉

I AM A CHRISTIAN

When I say . . . "I am a Christian"
    I'm not shouting "I'm clean living."
    I'm whispering "I was lost,"
    Now I'm found and forgiven.

When ...[text shortened]... just a simple sinner
    who received God's good grace, somehow.
    Please please please stoppppppppp
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 09:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 13:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I like how you mock the word of God.

I am the sinner/Tax Collector.

I know that you fear coming to Jesus because you do not want your sins to be shown.
    get a life
  9. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:23
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    1. Yes
    2-4. No
    I think you may even be giving too much credit for 1. What does 'forced' mean exactly?

But I'm with you in thinking that the remaining stanzas, whatever their poetic merits, are wildly inaccurate.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 06:13
    Originally posted by Starrman
    So you're a charity case, begging on the doorstep of heaven for a few talents?
    ha ha ha - you are so funny 🙄
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 06:20
    I knew I was right, uhm, but of course I was that Christians would love the poem and the "OTHERS" did not - ha ha

For those who left their childish remarks equal to an 5 year about God, will be prayed for.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 06:33
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'm not sure it means anything, but I thought it at least interesting to note, that the cited poem contains the following acrostic:

WIIN
    WIIA
    WIIA
    WIMB
    WIIS
    WIIW

Crazy, huh?
    Acrostic - A poem or series of lines in which certain letters, usually the first in each line, form a name, motto, or message when read in sequence.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=acrostic

What is the name, motto or message? It looks like meaningless groups of letters. It's certainly not a word squre.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 06:40
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Acrostic - A poem or series of lines in which certain letters, usually the first in each line, form a name, motto, or message when read in sequence.

What is the name, motto or message? It looks like meaningless groups of letters. It's certainly not a word squre.[/b]
    If you were Saved, you would understand the message.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 06:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Acrostic - A poem or series of lines in which certain letters, usually the first in each line, form a name, motto, or message when read in sequence.

What is the name, motto or message? It looks like meaningless groups of letters. It's certainly not a word squre.[/b]
    Leave it to ATY to bring down
    Other people's fun.
    Looking up dictionary definitions.

But, ATY...
    If you bothered to
    Take a closer look,
    Everything might not be as it seems

Maybe, you've missed some important Secret Decoder Ring message
    Even the best of us sometimes can't see the Forest for the Trees.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 09:18
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    ha ha ha - you are so funny 🙄
    I'm glad you're amused, I like to spread a little joy around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree