Originally posted by telerion
    Or the DC Talk version:

I'm down with the one that is known as the Son
    Of the G to the O to the D never done
    With the flow, in the know, on the go like a pro
    Not for show cause I ain't in the biz for the dough
    Or the me, or the ray, all the dough's gotta stay,
    Cause I can't, no I can't, take it home anyway
    Never trite when I write cause the Lo ...[text shortened]... is my bond so ya know, He's alright

Edit: I can still rattle this off in less than 6 secs.
    Do you know the words to "The Champion" by Carman as well? I used to know the whole thing when I was about 7. I love it when the countdown goes from 10 to 1 and Jesus gets up off the canvas to triumphantly kick Satan's a-s. Beautiful.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 18:302 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Do you know the words to "The Champion" by Carman as well? I used to know the whole thing when I was about 7. I love it when the countdown goes from 10 to 1 and Jesus gets up off the canvas to triumphantly kick Satan's a-s. Beautiful.
    Yeah that was the first Carmen "song" that I encountered. I remember "Witches Invitation" made Carmen unsuitable for my Baptist friends ears according to his parents.

Odd story, I saw him again after a being out of touch for four years when I took my family back to my parents for xmas. Within about 5 min each discovered that the other no longer believed. Shoot we used to play and write xtian music on our guitars and dream about becoming big stars for Christ.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 18:39
    Originally posted by telerion
    Yeah that was the first Carmen "song" that I encountered. I remember "Witches Invitation" made Carmen unsuitable for my Baptist friends ears according to his parents.

Odd story, I saw him again after a being out of touch for four years when I took my family back to my parents for xmas. Within about 5 min each discovered that the other no longer b ...[text shortened]... ed to play and write xtian music on our guitars and dream about becoming big stars for Christ.
    What a tremendous loss for culture your descent into heathenism caused. And I thought you spent your childhood studying comic book versions of Milton Friedman's works.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 19:05
    Originally posted by wucky3
    see, the way i see it kirksey is that when i do what you call a charitable act i don't do so to please god or secure a place in heaven..i don't want to be rewarded. So if doing the right thing is a good place to start...where next?

Jo 🙂
    No where. I believe Jesus talked about those that do good things only for the benefit of being seen by others.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Apr '05 19:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a tremendous loss for culture your descent into heathenism caused. And I thought you spent your childhood studying comic book versions of Milton Friedman's works.
    Yeah, pretty dull pictures though.

Have you read anything by Amartya Sen?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree