1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 19:01
    Originally posted by C Hess
    So, if Hitler, being a strong believer in christ, repented just before his death, he wasn't punished? He's up there with god almighty having a laugh?
    Having a laugh? Not if he repented.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why not?

Would it be immoral?
    Because I'm not God.

I don't think it would be immoral to use capital punishment for capital crimes. I think it is immoral to cage a murderer for life though, and I think it's immoral to set a murderer free.

But I can think whatever I want to think. That doesn't necessarily make me right. My opinion. So what? I vote to install law makers. We get what we get. If I disagree with the law, I still keep it. I don't go out and take the law into my own hands. They pass a law allowing homosexuals to marry. I believe it's wrong, but I don't protest by breaking the law.

I live in the 21st century. Not 1400 b.c.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You just backed out in your actions and admitted that you don't actually support the death penalty for adultery despite clearly stating that you think doing so would be the moral thing to do.
    You're obfuscating.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're obfuscating.
    Talking of obfuscation; are you going to answer the question I've now asked you several times and you seem to be avoiding:

The doctrine of eternal suffering in hell; do you believe it or not?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:391 edit
    You're obfuscating.
    In what way? I didn't intend to obfusticate, so ask me to clarify what you don't understand and I will attempt to do so.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:421 edit
    Because I'm not God.
    But you have already stated that God supports the death penalty for adultery, and that you know that it is a moral law to have. So surely you should support such a law?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:45
    If I disagree with the law, I still keep it.
    You aren't being asked whether or not you would break the law and stone an adulterer outside the law. You are being asked whether, given the opportunity to vote on the enacting of such a law what your vote would be. Would you side with God or not?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Talking of obfuscation; are you going to answer the question I've now asked you several times and you seem to be avoiding:

The doctrine of eternal suffering in hell; do you believe it or not?
    What thread was that question posed in?

What doctrine of eternal suffering in hell are you referring to? What are the verses used to support that doctrine?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 20:54
    In what way? I didn't intend to obfusticate, so ask me to clarify what you don't understand and I will attempt to do so.
    I didn't say I don't understand.

"...clearly stating that you think doing so would be the moral thing to do."

Show me where I said I support the death penalty for adultery? But be sure you include the entire context from which you quote me.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 21:01
    But you have already stated that God supports the death penalty for adultery, and that you know that it is a moral law to have. So surely you should support such a law?
    I did not state that "God supports the death penalty for adultery".

You're going to have to be precise with the wording. I'm not going to waste too much time backtracking through this thread proving what I said, and why I said it, just because you can't, or won't quote me responsibly.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 21:04
    You aren't being asked whether or not you would break the law and stone an adulterer outside the law. You are being asked whether, given the opportunity to vote on the enacting of such a law what your vote would be. Would you side with God or not?
    "Would you side with God or not?"

Hilarious! I just don't know what to say to that. I think I'll go take a nap. 😉
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '14 21:53
    What doctrine of eternal suffering in hell are you referring to? What are the verses used to support that doctrine?
    Are you going to hide behind the dishonest pretence that you don't know what I'm talking about?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 05:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you going to hide behind the dishonest pretence that you don't know what I'm talking about?
    Bump for josephw

Joseph, are you going to answer the question?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 05:53
    There you go again. Bash bash bash.
    Unlike you Joseph I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I'll continue to do so. I really don't care that you don't like it.

I've been asking you for several days now across several threads whether or not you are a proponent of the doctrine of eternal suffering and you lack the courage to answer succinctly. In fact you are even being dishonest about it now; pretending you don't know which doctrine I'm talking about.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 06:591 edit
    I didn't say I don't understand.

"...clearly stating that you think doing so would be the moral thing to do."

Show me where I said I support the death penalty for adultery? But be sure you include the entire context from which you quote me.
    Show me where I said that you supported the death penalty for adultery.

This is what you actually said:
    The law of God calling adultery immoral and punishable by death is moral whether anyone likes it or not.

and that is what I commented on stating that you believe the death penalty for adultery is the moral thing to do.
    In what way am I obfuscating?
    In what way did I misquote you / misunderstand you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree