1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    13 Feb '10 18:581 edit
    The Gift of Immortality
    Jehovah God is “from time indefinite to time indefinite.” He is immortal. (Psalm 90:2) The first person to whom Jehovah granted the gift of immortality was Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul explains: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Romans 6:9) Indeed, contrasting the resurrected Jesus with earthly rulers, Paul describes him as the only one among them having immortality. Jesus will remain “alive forever.” His life is “indestructible.”—Hebrews 7:15-17, 23-25; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16.
    Jesus is not the only one to receive such a gift. Spirit-anointed Christians chosen to rule as kings in heavenly glory receive the same kind of resurrection that Jesus did. (Romans 6:5) The apostle John shows that this privilege is granted to 144,000 individuals. (Revelation 14:1) They too receive immortality. Regarding their resurrection, Paul says: “Flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom . . . The trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality.” Death has no hold on those who receive such a resurrection.—1 Corinthians 15:50-53; Revelation 20:6.
    This divine revelation is remarkable indeed. Despite their spirit nature, not even angels were created immortal. This is shown by the fact that those spirit creatures who joined Satan’s rebellion will be executed. (Matthew 25:41) Jesus’ corulers, on the other hand, receive the gift of immortality, which is proof of Jehovah’s unshakable confidence in their faithfulness.
    Does this mean that only 144,000 individuals, a relatively small number when compared with the billions of humankind who have ever lived, will live forever? No.

    Everlasting Life on a Paradise Earth
    The Bible book of Revelation presents the beautiful scene of an innumerable crowd of people who are granted everlasting life on a paradise earth. Along with them are those who died but who are resurrected and restored to youthful health and vigor. (Revelation 7:9; 20:12, 13; 21:3, 4) They are led to “a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God.” Along its banks are “trees of life . . . , and the leaves of the trees were for the curing of the nations.” Jehovah God’s gracious invitation is: “Let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.”—Revelation 22:1, 2, 17.
    These trees and waters are no elixir of life or fountain of youth, such as those sought after centuries ago by alchemists and explorers. Rather, they represent God’s provisions through Jesus Christ for restoring mankind to the perfect condition that existed originally.
    God’s purpose to give eternal life on earth to obedient mankind has not changed. That purpose will be fulfilled, for Jehovah is loyal. Psalm 37:29 states: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” This promise moves us, along with those of mankind who are granted heavenly immortality, to declare: “Great and wonderful are your works, Jehovah God, the Almighty. Righteous and true are your ways, King of eternity. Who will not really fear you, Jehovah, and glorify your name, because you alone are loyal?”—Revelation 15:3, 4.
    Do you desire the precious gift of eternal life? If so, you must prove yourself loyal and obedient to the “King of eternity.” You need to learn about Jehovah and the one through whom such life is made possible, Jesus Christ. To all who are willing to accept God’s standards of right and wrong will be granted the gift of “everlasting life.”—John 17:3.
  2. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110629
    14 Feb '10 12:24
    Bunk!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    14 Feb '10 12:34
    analogies for an "inner life experience" are hard to put into 3-d words.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    14 Feb '10 20:18
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Bunk!
    Lol.... Sorry you don't get it.
  5. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110629
    14 Feb '10 21:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol.... Sorry you don't get it.
    Hoping something is so and feeling something is so do not make it so.
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    14 Feb '10 21:43
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Hoping something is so and feeling something is so do not make it so.
    Your right but if one has faith in the Bible then it gives hope that nothing else in the world can give.
  7. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110629
    15 Feb '10 02:05
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Your right but if one has faith in the Bible then it gives hope that nothing else in the world can give.
    But if the bible is not true, than you are living a life of self delusion. Don't you think honesty is important? How can living a lie be good? How can life be meaningful if it is based on a lie? The purpose of life is whatever you make it to be and if it's based on a lie, than it has no purpose.
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    15 Feb '10 02:13
    Originally posted by 667joe
    But if the bible is not true, than you are living a life of self delusion. Don't you think honesty is important? How can living a lie be good? How can life be meaningful if it is based on a lie? The purpose of life is whatever you make it to be and if it's based on a lie, than it has no purpose.
    But obviously many millions believe the Bible is true. To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.
    And it's for sure man hasn't come up with much hope for our future for us or the planet..
  9. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51472
    15 Feb '10 10:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But obviously many millions believe the Bible is true. To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.
    And it's for sure man hasn't come up with much hope for our future for us or the planet..
    To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.

    Lots can also be disproven.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    15 Feb '10 14:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Your right but if one has faith in the Bible then it gives hope that nothing else in the world can give.
    Its ignorant to say ONLY the bible gives us hope for the future. (Not that I'm big on hope), but I've found much more hope from other religous books .
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    17 Feb '10 06:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Gift of Immortality
    Jehovah God is “from time indefinite to time indefinite.” He is immortal. (Psalm 90:2) The first person to whom Jehovah granted the gift of immortality was Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul explains: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Romans 6:9) Indeed, contrast ...[text shortened]... pt God’s standards of right and wrong will be granted the gift of “everlasting life.”—John 17:3.
    I though God was in heaven? Here in your stuff you pasted from your JW's stuff it says crystal clear water flowing as a river from the throne of God?? Wait but God is in Heaven not in the earthly paradise right? Sounds very confusing so God is in Heaven? or in the new earthly paradise?



    Manny
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    17 Feb '10 11:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But obviously many millions believe the Bible is true.
    An more millions believe that the Quran is true. That doesn't make either set of millions right.

    To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.
    You add that as if that is the reason anyone believes it to be true. It is not.
    It would nevertheless be an interesting topic for another thread ie is there anything in the Bible that can be confirmed to be true using archeology, and would doing so increase the likelihood that any other part of the Bible was true? Is any such archeological evidence so overwhelming that any reasonable person should accept the whole Bible as true?

    And it's for sure man hasn't come up with much hope for our future for us or the planet.
    Nether has the Bible. If anything, the Bible is far from hopeful.
    But what does that have to do with the question of whether living a life of self delusion is a good idea?
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    17 Feb '10 19:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    I though God was in heaven? Here in your stuff you pasted from your JW's stuff it says crystal clear water flowing as a river from the throne of God?? Wait but God is in Heaven not in the earthly paradise right? Sounds very confusing so God is in Heaven? or in the new earthly paradise?



    Manny
    God will never be on earth in a physical sence as has been discussed. He is a spirit and no flesh could ever see him and live. Jesus his son will be the ruling King from heaven over earth for the 1000 years with the 144,000. Jesus will never come to earth again according to the Bible. The river of life is the discription of how abundent the support and blessings will be from heaven for mankind and the earth.
    This is all in the Bible but I know you don't see that.
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    17 Feb '10 19:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    An more millions believe that the Quran is true. That doesn't make either set of millions right.

    [b]To much can be proven thru history with prophecies and archeological proof.

    You add that as if that is the reason anyone believes it to be true. It is not.
    It would nevertheless be an interesting topic for another thread ie is there anything in the ...[text shortened]... s that have to do with the question of whether living a life of self delusion is a good idea?[/b]
    A paradise planet with no sickness or death doesn't sound like anything you'd want to be a part of? Hummmm, why not?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    18 Feb '10 03:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    God will never be on earth in a physical sence as has been discussed. He is a spirit and no flesh could ever see him and live. Jesus his son will be the ruling King from heaven over earth for the 1000 years with the 144,000. Jesus will never come to earth again according to the Bible. The river of life is the discription of how abundent the support and b ...[text shortened]... rom heaven for mankind and the earth.
    This is all in the Bible but I know you don't see that.
    Wow so JW's don't believe in the second coming of Jesus??

    Also this totally jives with Revelation about God dwelling with man. Zechariah 2:10

    10"Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst," declares the LORD.

    11"Many nations will join themselves to the LORD in that day and will become My people Then I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.

    12"The LORD will possess Judah as His portion in the holy land, and will again choose Jerusalem.

    13"Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD; for He is aroused from His holy habitation."

    Also Revelation 21:

    1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

    2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

    3And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them

    God will dwell among them it says read there G75. It can't be twisted The New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven and the Tabernacle of God (tabernacle is like a tent or dwelling place) So the JW doctrine is wrong.


    Manny
Back to Top