1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It certainly illustrates that old adage "My mind's made up (what little they have left of it), don't confuse me with facts".
    You are confused by false facts. Not me! 😏

HalleluYah !!!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 16:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Just declaring something happens does not make it so unless it is God's will and it ain't.
    When two individuals mate and have a child, the child has a unique combination of genes from both parts, thus changing the overall gene pool of the species. I am sorry to inform you that this happens whether God likes it or not. And the more you deny it, the stupider you look.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 18:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    When two individuals mate and have a child, the child has a unique combination of genes from both parts, thus changing the overall gene pool of the species. I am sorry to inform you that this happens whether God likes it or not. And the more you deny it, the stupider you look.
    What you wrote there is the way God designed it to work; and so it is his will. But the Holy Bible clearly informs us that God made different kinds to bring forth after their kind and not one of the different kinds, because that is the way God designed it to work. God did not design it to work by evil-lution because evil-lution is evil and not good. Evil-lution is the way Satan wants it to work.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 18:48
    What you wrote there is the way God designed it to work; and so it is his will.
    I was responding to a post in which you clearly stated that it was not Gods will. You can't seem to keep your story straight can you?
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 22:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Ecological niches change, that is why evolution happens.
    That may be the case. However, deliberately changing them tends to cause the occupants to go extinct. That sort of thing is frowned upon apparently.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 22:46
    Begone, Satan!

(Matthew 4:10 RSV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vD8G-nuVm8
    Bloody hell, I've been promoted! Boss of all the devils and demons now. Do I get a fancy hat?
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 22:51
    Young earthers haven't had much argument since Darwin (which explains why they hate him so much).
    But the lack of a valid argument never stops a true believer.
    They should hate Hutton even more. He's the guy who showed his peers a rock outcrop and thus convinced them the earth must be incredibly old. That was several years before Darwin was born. Hutton gave Darwin the time he needed for natural selection to work in.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 23:28
    Originally posted by Kepler
    They should hate Hutton even more. He's the guy who showed his peers a rock outcrop and thus convinced them the earth must be incredibly old. That was several years before Darwin was born. Hutton gave Darwin the time he needed for natural selection to work in.
    What, you didn't know a slab of rock could turn 180 degrees on itself in less than 6000 years?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 00:17
    That is the same as adaptation and selective breeding. She has been indoctrinated to think it is all evilution.
    adaptation to environment and selective breeding are evolution
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 04:59
    For some odd reason most young earth creationists are a lot less bothered by astronomy and geology than they are by biology.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 05:02
    That may be the case. However, deliberately changing them tends to cause the occupants to go extinct. That sort of thing is frowned upon apparently.
    Only if its changed very fast, and not all the life forms go extinct. In fact, there are usually some that benefit. Even domestic breeding is a form of deliberate changing of the environment and almost invariably does not result in extinction.
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What, you didn't know a slab of rock could turn 180 degrees on itself in less than 6000 years?
    It's not the turning that convinced Hutton and others. It was the time needed to lay down several miles of sediment, turn it on its side, raise it above the sea, erode it, sink it back below the sea and then lay down another few miles of sediment on top of the erosion surface that did it. Fine grained sediment at that so all the catastrophists couldn't square the thing with biblical floods, mythical ages of fire and ice or even lumps of rock falling out of the sky.
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:38
    Only if its changed very fast, and not all the life forms go extinct. In fact, there are usually some that benefit. Even domestic breeding is a form of deliberate changing of the environment and almost invariably does not result in extinction.
    That's why it is difficult to observe evolution in action or do experiments on it. Change things fast enough for humans to observe in their lifetime and your experimental subjects are extinct because they can't evolve fast enough. Then you get your funding cut because you did something dubious.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:43
    I was responding to a post in which you clearly stated that it was [b]not Gods will. You can't seem to keep your story straight can you?[/b]
    I might, if you would get your head out of your bum. 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:47
    Bloody hell, I've been promoted! Boss of all the devils and demons now. Do I get a fancy hat?
    I doubt it. But perhaps, you may get a couple pointy horns for your head that you can butt your bum with for eternity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree