1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 22:41
    This one is for you RJ

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/23/tech/innovation/orig-ideas-directed-evolution/index.html?hpt=hp_c5
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 00:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This one is for you RJ

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/23/tech/innovation/orig-ideas-directed-evolution/index.html?hpt=hp_c5
    That women is throughly indoctrinated to believe in evilution and she doesn't even know the meaning of the word. She thinks she is doing evilution by directing the process of making molecules in the lab. How stupid can these so-called scientist get?
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 09:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That women is throughly indoctrinated to believe in evilution and she doesn't even know the meaning of the word. She thinks she is doing evilution by directing the process of making molecules in the lab. How stupid can these so-called scientist get?
    Let's just do a little thought experiment here. Suppose your god (the strange violent version of the biblical god) appears to you in some way.

Eh? What way? Oh I don't know, a burning cheeseburger or something else suitable for our times.

Anyhoo, this god chappie appears and says "Hinds, you're an idiot. That evolution stuff is actually me making new critters. I set up this system to make new critters but I occasionally give it a nudge. And yes, you are basically an ape with a few tuning adjustments". So how do you reply to your god?

I am not so sure that evolution is on as firm a footing as some of my peers would have us believe. After all, it is very hard to observe without some kind of extreme environmental pressure such as a mass extinction. Apparently wiping out whole ecosystems as an experiment is frowned upon. I can see that it would be an efficient way for a creator god to make new species, especially an eternal creator god for whom time doesn't matter much. Having a god pushing the evolutionary buttons would also remove the current problem of why evolution happens at all if every organism is fitted to its ecological niche. Which just leaves the question of which god...
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 10:121 edit
    You don't own the word even if you spell it differently. If you believe she doesn't know your definition of the word, then presumably she is not using your definition and it is in fact you that has misunderstood her and do not know the meaning of the word she is using. There is of course nothing wrong with that, you can always us Google to look it up.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 10:37
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Let's just do a little thought experiment here. Suppose your god (the strange violent version of the biblical god) appears to you in some way.

Eh? What way? Oh I don't know, a burning cheeseburger or something else suitable for our times.

Anyhoo, this god chappie appears and says "Hinds, you're an idiot. That evolution stuff is actually me making new cr ...[text shortened]... organism is fitted to its ecological niche. Which just leaves the question of which god...
    then "evilution" becomes retroactively an awesome system, because fundamentalism

ofc, he could say that the burning cheeseburger is really satan trying to confuse him and he would still believe in a moronic 6 day creation.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 11:25

Anyhoo, this god chappie appears and says "Hinds, you're an idiot. That evolution stuff is actually me making new cr ...[text shortened]... organism is fitted to its ecological niche. Which just leaves the question of which god...
    Ecological niches change, that is why evolution happens.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 11:582 edits
    She may not be using evolution by natural selection but she is certainly using evolution by artificial selection. She is using the random mutations that selection works on in the natural world and she is producing 'change over time'. So she very much is using evolution.

The fact that you willfully misunderstand the concepts just means that your opinion is irrelevant.

--- Penguin.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 12:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Ecological niches change, that is why evolution happens.
    Not only that, but there is improved 'fit' to the current niche, genetic drift, competition within a species, expansion to new niches etc. Evolution happens by definition. Every generation of every species has a different gene pool. Change in genepool = evolution.
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 12:15
    I have just seen a documentary on Wheaton Collage , looks like young earthers are loosing the argument .
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 12:49
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I have just seen a documentary on Wheaton Collage , looks like young earthers are loosing the argument .
    Young earthers haven't had much argument since Darwin (which explains why they hate him so much).
    But the lack of a valid argument never stops a true believer.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 13:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Young earthers haven't had much argument since Darwin (which explains why they hate him so much).
    But the lack of a valid argument never stops a true believer.
    It certainly illustrates that old adage "My mind's made up (what little they have left of it), don't confuse me with facts".
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:16

Begone, Satan!

(Matthew 4:10 RSV)

YouTube
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:20
    Originally posted by Penguin
    She may not be using evolution by natural selection but she is certainly using evolution by artificial selection. She is using the random mutations that selection works on in the natural world and she is producing 'change over time'. So she very much [b]is using evolution.

The fact that you willfully misunderstand the concepts just means that your opinion is irrelevant.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    That is the same as adaptation and selective breeding. She has been indoctrinated to think it is all evilution.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not only that, but there is improved 'fit' to the current niche, genetic drift, competition within a species, expansion to new niches etc. Evolution happens by definition. Every generation of every species has a different gene pool. Change in genepool = evolution.
    Just declaring something happens does not make it so unless it is God's will and it ain't.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 14:25
    Originally posted by OdBod
    You mean they got Young Earthers there? Amazing!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree