1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 08:10
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I think a truly [b]incarnational faith—taking that concept broadly, and not just according any particular Christian formulation—needs to be based firmly on the three basic food groups:

Red wine.*

Olive oil.

Garlic.

Not necessarily in that particular order (build your own pyramid!).

My wife believes that chocolate should be added as ...[text shortened]... that to include sherry (especially fino and manzanilla), port, and brandy (especially Fundador).[/b]
    Hmmm, I would say avocado and sweet potato. Mojitos to wash things down.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 08:50
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    cherry picking
    Cherries, especially sour cherries, might very well be included in the doctrinally-accepted basic food group, which would make cherry-picking a spiritually rewarding activity.

And vistesd, you should listen to your wife. Chocolate definitely needs to be included. No spiritual growth without chocolate!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:19
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    ...And vistesd, you should listen to your wife. Chocolate definitely needs to be included. No spiritual growth without chocolate!
    Nothing heavily processed should be included in this list, in my opinion. Only basic natural minimally processed foods. So while coffee beans, roasted and ground could be included, instant coffee should not be. Same principle with cocoa beans. Chololate is a heavily processed man-made food...
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nothing heavily processed should be included in this list, in my opinion. Only basic natural minimally processed foods. So while coffee beans, roasted and ground could be included, instant coffee should not be. Same principle with cocoa beans. Chololate is a heavily processed man-made food...
    You can make your own chocolate without processing. It's very strong!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:26
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Now that is a possibility. Like Rajk, I do not have much of a sweet tooth. So perhaps cayenne and dark chocolate?

I often put a sprinkle of cayenne in my coffee....

EDIT: I might consider adding chocolate to the doctrinally-accepted basic food group, if coffee is also added...
    I vote for coffee also...
    My favourite is lightly roasted arabicas from Colombia, Ethiopia or Nigeria. I grind the beans every morning and brew immediately.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You can make your own chocolate without processing. It's very strong!
    And very dark. You are talking about what we call here ground cocoa. That makes a delicious beverage but its rough. Not sure you can call that chocolate.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    [b]But this is the most selfish arrogant piece of garbage anyone on the face of this earth can utter.
    [/b]

I'm sorry that you've developed this vendetta against me recently. But the least you can do
    is not be jerk in response.

Do you really think that all your success is the result of the meager talents God gave I fail to do so.

Why would you assume that this makes a person arrogant?

Nemesio
    If you win the Pulitzer prize for your poetry, please dont go to the podiom and say .... "Thank you for this award. unfortunately I have nobody to thank for my success. Its all my work... "

Please .... thank someone... even if you have to lie.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 12:38
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Hmm... Mojitos to wash things down.
    RUM !!!

Now thats an interesting one.
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 13:48
    If you win the Pulitzer prize for your poetry, please dont go to the podiom and say .... "Thank you for this award. unfortunately I have nobody to thank for my success. Its all my work... "

Please .... thank someone... even if you have to lie.

Are you illiterate? The word 'success' was your word, not mine. As I said, I recognize that
    my accomplishments are the product of the formation I had. But, ultimately they are mine.
    Do you have some sort of weird problem with that notion?

After all, you recognize that the award goes to me. Is that arrogant? Shouldn't hundreds of little
    awards go to the hundreds of people who made that success possible?

Don't you refer to your house as 'your house?' Or do you think that's arrogant, too? Do you
    refer to the homework you do for class as 'your homework?' Or do you acknowledge them for
    every A you've gotten? At work, when you get yelled at, do you instruct your boss to share
    the blame with everyone who contributed the person you are for your failure?

Stop misrepresenting my opinion.

Nemesio

P.S., I'm not a 'poet' in any event. Unlike some people, I recognize what little poetry I decide
    is worth writing down is mediocre at best and is best left in my desk drawer, not published on
    a page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree