1. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 21:011 edit
    If the bible is the word of God, how do Christians know that some of the parts aren't inspired by Satan masquerading as God?
    edit: or any religion with its equivalents, for that matter
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 08:45
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    If the bible is the word of God, how do Christians know that some of the parts aren't inspired by Satan masquerading as God?
    If you look at the physical universe you see that there are three aspects of it which are interdependent:

1. Space
    2. Time
    3. Motion

Each one of these three needs the other two to define it.

Motions through Space help us define Time.
    Space and Time help to define Motion.
    Motion and Time help us to define Space.

It seems that the three entities are locked together in an interdependent way.

Spiritually, I think there is a similiar triad of three interdependent realities:

1. The Book of God
    2. The Spirit of God
    3. The People of God

I think that I am prepared at this time to recognize the these three matters need one another in a similiar way as Space, Time, and Motion do.

We need the Spirit of God and the People of God to recognize the Book of God.

We need the Book of God and the People of God to recognize the Spirit of God.

We need the Spirit of God and the Book of God to recognize the People of God.

Two of the matters help us discern the third matter. So it seems the wise Creator uses a similiar triadic relationship in the spiritual realm as He does in the physical realm, to help man discern spiritual realities.

There are parts of the Bible in which Satan masquerades as God and uses other parts of the Bible to do so. But the Bible explicitly tells us usually that that is what is going on. For example Matthew 4:5,6 - "Then the devil took HIm into the holy city and set Him on the wing of the temple. And said to Him, If You are the Son of God, cast Yourself down; for it is written, To His angels He shall give charge concerning You, and on their hands they shall bear You up, lest You strike Your foot against a stone."

Here Satan used Psalm 91:11,12 to tempt the Lord Jesus. Jesus circumvents the trickery with another portions of the Word of God, Duet. 6:16 - "Jesus said to him, Again, it is written, You shall not test the Lord your God."

For this reason it is important for the people of God not only to know what the Bible says. They must know what else the Bible says. This is because the subtle enemy of God can use Scripture in a twisted way to deceive people.
  3. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 05:27
    Originally posted by jaywill
    This is because the subtle enemy of God can use Scripture in a twisted way to deceive people.
    You talking about the church?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 12:281 edit
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    You talking about the church?
    The phrase "deceive people" refers to people - any people.

As long as you are a "people" you could be deceived by the Satanic twisting of the word of God, regardless of whether you are a part of the church or not.

However - "No lie can live forever."
  5. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 13:45
    I think the idea that creation was something the Devil did when God wasn't looking is something that could be debated quite fiercely by both sides.
    I think I read Bertrand Russell saying something similar years ago.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 13:57
    If you look at the physical universe you see that there are three aspects of it which are interdependent:

1. Space
    2. Time
    3. Motion

Each one of these three needs the other two to define it.

Motions through Space help us define Time.
    Space and Time help to define Motion.
    Motion and Time help us to define Space.

It see ...[text shortened]... his is because the subtle enemy of God can use Scripture in a twisted way to deceive people.
    Will you be playing in the theists vs atheists tournement? Your Muslim brother ahosyney is playing for the theists' side.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 21:47
    Originally posted by mrstabby
    Josph Smith's writes are inspired by satan.
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 21:53
    The phrase "deceive people" refers to people - any people.

As long as you are a "people" you could be deceived by the Satanic twisting of the word of God, regardless of whether you are a part of the church or not.

However - "No lie can live forever."
    No, I meant "the subtle enemy of God."
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 03:341 edit
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    No, I meant "the subtle enemy of God."
    Systems built up by man, which seem good in a racist wardrobe.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 13:381 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Will you be playing in the theists vs atheists tournement? Your Muslim brother ahosyney is playing for the theists' side.
    No. I don't think I will participate in this. If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.

I think there are a few people who want to prove that a game will show where the really smart people are. If some one wants to become a believer in God because he saw some Theists win a chess match, I would advize them that that was not a good foundation for thier belief.

So I am neither rooting for a winning side like a cheerleader and I am not participating. May the best chess players win - that's all.

But I'll personally play anyone who want to play me. Its just a game.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 13:43
    "My "Muslim brother" ?

In the bortherhood of mankind yes. But I am not a spiritual brother of anyone who denies Christ is God's Son. How could I be a brother to such a person who does not believe that God has no Son and no sons?

My "Muslim brother" indeed. Religious sentimental talk.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 14:44
    "My "Muslim brother" ?

In the bortherhood of mankind yes. But I am not a spiritual brother of anyone who denies Christ is God's Son. How could I be a brother to such a person who does not believe that God has no Son and no sons?

You are so much like him and you don't even know it.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 06:32
    "My "Muslim brother" ?

I meant "does not believe that God has the Son or sons"

Too many typos these days.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 06:33
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You are so much like him and you don't even know it.
    In this regard that we are probably all fond of chess, I'm like most people on this webstite.
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 06:35
    In this regard that we are probably all fond of chess, I'm like most people on this webstite.
    I'm quite sure that's not what the Reverend meant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree