1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 07:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    No. I don't think I will participate in this. If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.

I think there are a few people who want to prove that a game will show where the really ...[text shortened]... win - that's all.

But I'll personally play anyone who want to play me. Its just a game.
    No. I don't think I will participate in this.

:'(

If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.

🙄
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 07:571 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    No. I don't think I will participate in this. If I thought that it would not give the impression that a chess match or a softball game or a table tennis match or a game of pocker or some other sport was the deciding factor on weighty issues of life perhaps I would.
    Einstein was allegedly rated around 1800, while John Wayne was ~2000.

Was John Wayne smarter than Einstein? Or more adept at handling the 'weighty issues of life'?

This is a pretty weak excuse for not participating.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 11:28
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I'm quite sure that's not what the Reverend meant.
    Doc, as our Savior said "Many are called. Few are chosen."
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 15:11
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Einstein was allegedly rated around 1800, while John Wayne was ~2000.

Was John Wayne smarter than Einstein? Or more adept at handling the 'weighty issues of life'?

This is a pretty weak excuse for not participating.
    Einstien rated on this forum? John Wayne too?

I fail to understand this.

I'm a relative newcomer to chess. I don't think any "team" would be well advized to have me on their side in a tournament of chess.

It may be a weak reason for not participating but please don't insist. I choose not to be in the tournament. That's all.

Have fun!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree