1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 03:34
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i just object to the phrase "great responsibility."
    responsibility is responsibility. it doesn't change with greatness.
    Fair enough.
    It is postulated in buddhism that the smallest responsibilty is just the same as a greater one. Although you'd have to say that the President of the U.S. has more responsibilty than the average dad who's just got to pick up their kids from school,etc.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 04:131 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i just object to the phrase "great responsibility."
    responsibility is responsibility. it doesn't change with greatness.
    Not that it's all that relevant but I can't help but point out the fairly obvious fact; "great responsibility" and "responsibility" represent 2 distinctly different values.

Ask Charlie Brown, he'll tell you all about it at the end of October each year. The Great Pumpkin was no ordinary pumpkin. For you to suggest otherwise is highly offensive; and I think I can safely presume to speak for all of us at the Charles Schulz Glee Club.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 04:15
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Not that it's all that relevant but I can't help but point out the fairly obvious fact; "great responsibility" and "responsibility" represent 2 distinctly different values.

Ask Charlie Brown, he'll tell you all about it at the end of October each year. The Great Pumpkin was no ordinary pumpkin. For you to suggest otherwise is highly offensive; and I thi ...[text shortened]... can safely presume to speak for [b]all
    of us at the Charles Schulz Glee Club.[/b]
    That's right-your the touchy one, aren't ya?
    (you can take over from me for a while) ๐Ÿ˜€
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 04:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    That's right-your the touchy one, aren't ya?
    (you can take over from me for a while) ๐Ÿ˜€
    Oh no... he's not one of those is he. I've come across the type you speak of. Though I'm not sure of what level of joking you were using. were you regular joking so as to be funny about passing him off but seriously liking the idea, or greatly joking in which case you were not only being funny but ribbing him by making a funny false claim that he is someone you really do want to dish off --- I used to do that to people with certain other individuals.. the ones that go on and on incessantly nonstop no end? Yeah I would drag a friend into a spat with the person and then dump the thread never to return. The next thing ya know, you're free and clear until YOU decide to jump back into the fray. I get it and appreciate it. I'll take the bait and step in for a while.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 04:39
    Oh no... he's not one of those is he. I've come across the type you speak of. Though I'm not sure of what level of joking you were using. were you regular joking so as to be funny about passing him off but seriously liking the idea, or greatly joking in which case you were not only being funny but ribbing him by making a funny false claim that he is some ...[text shortened]... ack into the fray. I get it and appreciate it. I'll take the bait and step in for a while.
    Thank You๐Ÿ™‚

As I remember you were one of the 2(or 3?) I had to apologize to directly for being overzealous in my appraisal of spirituality (and prolly putting down the christian faith inadvertendtly. )

This was never my intention, but as it came out like that, I had to apologize.
    I remember. You made me learn and rethink the way I post on these boards, so for that I'm grateful๐Ÿ™‚

(still love the avatar)
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 05:043 edits
    Thank You๐Ÿ™‚

As I remember you were one of the 2(or 3?) I had to apologize to directly for being overzealous in my appraisal of spirituality (and prolly putting down the christian faith inadvertendtly. )

This was never my intention, but as it came out like that, I had to apologize.
    I remember. You made me learn and rethink the way I post on these boards, so for that I'm grateful๐Ÿ™‚

(still love the avatar)
    Either you're mistaking me for someone else, or, my early stage Alzheimer's is kicking in. I don't remember about which you speak. Is this within the last couple of days or like months ago which was about the only other time I posted in these threads.

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. It's a double entendre. It's from a movie that I think is very funny, but at the same time he looks like the ultimate Christian evangelist, screaming from the soapbox, that lights the microphone on fire he's so zealous and hardcore. Either way I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 05:31
    Either you're mistaking me for someone else, or, my early stage Alzheimer's is kicking in. I don't remember about which you speak. Is this within the last couple of days or like months ago which was about the only other time I posted in these threads.

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar. It's a double entendre. It's from a movie that I think is ve ...[text shortened]... hat lights the microphone on fire he's so zealous and hardcore. Either way I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Got the movie-seen it about 50 times, I really dont know why it was a flop?

I do remember apologizing to you,(because of your avatar), but it was at least 2 years ago...
  8. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 05:42
    Maybe it was during a game then, eh? Oh, I don't know. Anyway, well met. Not often I find a fellow Pick of Destiny fan. Bought the movie myself and I hardly ever buy movies. I think I bought Beerfest in the same purchase. Good times.

Hey! We joined RHP the same month and year! And you've made twice the moves I've made. ๐Ÿ™ I feel emasculated.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 05:49
    Maybe it was during a game then, eh? Oh, I don't know. Anyway, well met. Not often I find a fellow Pick of Destiny fan. Bought the movie myself and I hardly ever buy movies. I think I bought Beerfest in the same purchase. Good times.

Hey! We joined RHP the same month and year! And you've made twice the moves I've made. ๐Ÿ™ I feel emasculated.
    Hahaha๐Ÿ˜€ yep, i'm glad you also dont care when (or whether) it happened.

Any movie that is a musical ,(and you like the music), will always be a good one to purchase.
    I think TenD realized that and put the "skip to a song" special feature on there ๐Ÿ˜‰
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 06:45
    Hahaha๐Ÿ˜€ yep, i'm glad you also dont care when (or whether) it happened.

Any movie that is a musical ,(and you like the music), will always be a good one to purchase.
    I think TenD realized that and put the "skip to a song" special feature on there ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Something tells me you will appreciate this little 30 second commercial

YouTube

And if you feel like a really good laugh, look at this series of commercials, a couple of which you'll probably remember (it's a little mini-series)

Enjoy!

YouTube
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '11 16:34
    Fair enough.
    It is postulated in buddhism that the smallest responsibilty is just the same as a greater one. Although you'd have to say that the President of the U.S. has more responsibilty than the average dad who's just got to pick up their kids from school,etc.
    You should scrap Buddhism and take up Christianity.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '11 23:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And the democrats were always saying how dumb he was.

P.S. He was replaced by Obama, a great intellect from Harvard University.
    Well if Bush had been democrat and Obama Republican, then Bush would have been the terrorist who was never born in the US and Obama would have been your god.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '11 23:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well if Bush had been democrat and Obama Republican, then Bush would have been the terrorist who was never born in the US and Obama would have been your god.
    You must be a democrat and an Obama supporter. I would be ashamed
    to admit voting for Obama and many people are taking those Obama
    stickers off the back of their cars now.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 01:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You should scrap Buddhism and take up Christianity.
    You should stay a christian and I'll stay with the path I chose over 12 years ago now ๐Ÿ™‚ (btw, I'm not a buddhist, I just like the flavour)
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 04:10
    You should stay a christian and I'll stay with the path I chose over 12 years ago now ๐Ÿ™‚ (btw, I'm not a buddhist, I just like the flavour)
    I will, indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree