1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Aug '13 10:43
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the only thing irritating about this video is that uneducated people watching this con-man believe anything he says. what a steaming pile of dog poo.
    What specifically do you think was some of his errors, so I can evalute them.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Aug '13 11:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What specifically do you think was some of his errors, so I can evalute them.

The Instructor
    dna does not help verify evolution ----- wrong.
    the mathematical odds of dna happening ----- wrong.
    penicillin had to evolve first ---- wrong
    penicillin turned into a fruitfly-------- wrong
    horsefly and tomato are twins ----- wrong
    humans will evolve into tobacco ----- wrong
    evolution can by put in order by quantity of chromosomes ----- wrong
    evolution can be put in order by length of life ---- wrong
    evolution can be put in order by length of pregnancy ------ wrong
    evolution can be put in order of weight of animal ------ wrong

do you agree with him on every point? which points do you disagree with him on?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Aug '13 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    dna does not help verify evolution ----- wrong.
    the mathematical odds of dna happening ----- wrong.
    penicillin had to evolve first ---- wrong
    penicillin turned into a fruitfly-------- wrong
    horsefly and tomato are twins ----- wrong
    humans will evolve into tobacco ----- wrong
    evolution can by put in order by quantity of chromosomes ----- wrong
    ev ...[text shortened]... ----- wrong

do you agree with him on every point? which points do you disagree with him on?
    If you have ever listened to him before, you would have known he accepts evolution as a fact at the microevolution level, which he prefers to call variations. When he says evolution now, he is referring to macroevolution, which I call evilution.

So he is saying that the discovery of the DNA molecule with its programming information points to an intelligent programmer and designer and does not help evilution. And there are many reasons for that which he does not elaborate on here.

On your second objection on the mathematical odds of DNA happening by chance, he is only giving one estimate. What is your calculation?

On the other points you object to about penicillin, fruitfly, etc., he was simply making fun of evilutionsts who present charts in an attempt to prove their theory. He did not mean he believed such things. Use your brain for once. I should not have to tell you this because all it takes is common sense to know that he meant it to be a joke and something to laugh about.

The Instructor
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 15:561 edit
    RJHinds, I know you don't probably like Creationist Astrophycist Hugh Ross.

But you may find some things in this talk which are useful and impressive. I do.

"Scientific Evidence for the Christian Faith" Dr. Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe.

He says he was doing testable predictive modeling in the ID field before there was the modern ID movement.

YouTube
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 22:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    RJHinds, I know you don't probably like Creationist Astrophycist Hugh Ross.

But you may find some things in this talk which are useful and impressive. I do.

[b]"Scientific Evidence for the Christian Faith"
    Dr. Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe.

He says he was doing testable predictive modeling in the ID field before there was the modern ID movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGFezN0Cd4[/b]
    I don't dislike Hugh Ross at all. I just disagree with him on the ages of the universe, Earth, and humans. He still shows signs of evilution influence on those topics instead of accepting the clear word of scripture.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree