1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 22:13
    Originally posted by vivify
    Just a few posts ago, someone showed me a link about stars creating elements. There was a flaw in my argument, because there was a flaw in my knowledge. This actually lends even more credibility to ID, since we know have materials that the designer would've evolved from.

Now that my knowledge is updated, I'll update my argument as well. Something that is designed, is planet earth, while asteroids are not designed.
    I'm a little stuck on the order of what you're trying to present here.

Firstly you were saying that the universe can't have come about by chance and it had to have a designer, now you're saying that the designers evolved from elements within the universe?

If the designers evolved from elements within the universe, they wouldn't have existed to create the universe in the first place?!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 22:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Very clever young man, very clever. But it's turtles all the way down.
    It's nice to still be called young.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm a little stuck on the order of what you're trying to present here.

Firstly you were saying that the universe can't have come about by chance and it had to have a designer, now you're saying that the designers evolved from elements within the universe?

If the designers evolved from elements within the universe, they wouldn't have existed to create the universe in the first place?!
    You're misquoting me terribly.

I said over and over and over in this thread that random creations had to be a part of the universe. Random elements may have been created without ID, but to create entire solar systems, galaxies and galaxy clusters, all that orbit and move around together through the universe in an orderly fashion---randomness couldn't have created it.

The designers were most likely evolved from elements in the universe.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 22:49
    You're misquoting me terribly.

I said over and over and over in this thread that random creations had to be a part of the universe. Random elements may have been created without ID, but to create entire solar systems, galaxies and galaxy clusters, all that orbit and move around together through the universe in an orderly fashion---randomness couldn't have created it.

The designers were most likely evolved from elements in the universe.
    You said atoms were designed, so what did the designers evolve from?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 23:35
    It's nice to still be called young.
    Actually it's what I thought was a well known quote. Sorry.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '11 23:40
    you a a a a apologised to someone, Lord have mercy - a miracle, see Agers, see
    Noobster - i told you its true!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 00:152 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you a a a a apologised to someone, Lord have mercy - a miracle, see Agers, see
    Noobster - i told you its true!
    lol. You have to be one of the most clueless people I've ever come across.

You post this as if you actually believe in apologizing. Yet, IIRC, I've yet to hear an apology for the lies and other deceit you've used in your many attempts to smear me. For that matter, you've rarely even had the integrity to admit your deceit. Instead, most of the time you attempt to cover up your deceit with more deceit or, even worse, more false accusations.
  8. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 02:312 edits
    Here's a thought experiment. Let's apply Intelligent Design to Random Chance in the space of computer programming-start throwing random computer instructions together until you randomly get Halo or Super Mario Brothers. Fat chance. I'd bet even pong wouldn't arise from the chance instructions for thousands of computers after thousands of years.

I actually wrote a computer program once that simulated the classic monkeys tapping on typewriters. While the word Romeo occured from chance, the phrase 'Romeo, oh Romeo" didn't occur from chance after running for a weekend. Infinite time, infinite monkeys, I suppose anything is possible-but it's far simpler that there is something beyond our miniscule comprehension behind it all, just as it is simpler that william shakespear wrote the plays by design. Perhaps if we took a macroscopic view, we are just parts of atoms inside of God himself. Indeed, turtles all the way down, but surprise, the turtles go all the way up too; we're in the toenail. 🙂
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 02:37
    You said atoms were designed, so what did the designers evolve from?
    You're now being dense. I told you that was a mistake. They'd most likely be made of atoms, like everything else.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 04:493 edits
    This question makes no sense. You described an event, not order.
    I described an event in which the laws of physics created a higher level of order.

So what? I never said order can't come out of randomness. I've said many times now, that it's the degree of order that's limited by randomness. For example, a die roll of six, 100,000 times in a row. Such high order will never happen randomly.
    You have lost the plot. We are no longer talking about randomness. We are talking about the laws of physics.
    You claimed:
    There's never been evidence that laws of physics create any high order.

and I have proved you wrong.

So? This wasn't random, since in your example, an intelligent force pulls the string.
    What is an intelligent force? Are you claiming that I am responsible for the regularity of a pendulum or are you saying God moves it?

But I think I have figured out that you are making this all up as you go along. Your just a troll.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 09:13
    You're now being dense. I told you that was a mistake. They'd most likely be made of atoms, like everything else.
    I'm not being dense, you just not explaining your views very well. Your making it up as you go along and expect people to precisely follow every word you say.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 09:15
    I've read that story before, but had forgotten it. Very good.
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:53
    Many people do not feel comfortable with the idea that death is the end and that we were designed for a purpose. Therefore we have ID, and will say ANYTHING to defend it, including making stuff up.

It is after years and years of being brought up with certain beliefs, and even presented with truth via logic, it can take many years to change.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 13:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I described an event in which the laws of physics created a higher level of order.

[b]So what? I never said order can't come out of randomness. I've said many times now, that it's the degree of order that's limited by randomness. For example, a die roll of six, 100,000 times in a row. Such high order will never happen randomly.

You have lost t ...[text shortened]... ink I have figured out that you are making this all up as you go along. Your just a troll.[/b]
    You described an event with an expected outcome. That's not order. Your example is no different than saying marbles thrown up in the air that land on the floor is "order".

There was no "order" in your example.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 13:50
    I'm not being dense, you just not explaining your views very well. Your making it up as you go along and expect people to precisely follow every word you say.
    Why wouldn't I expect you to follow precisely what I say? Had you done that, I wouldn't have to needlessly repeat myself. From now on, if I've already said something here, and you ask the same question I've adressed, I'll skip your post.

In the meantime, do you have any other questions on this topic?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree