1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 22:29
    Oh my. What a zoo. I posted a simple and honest invitation to your local Kingdom Hall to simply come and sit and listen to a very important public talk that very simply explains almost word for word the exact words and directions on what Jesus explained to his apostles and disciples to do in remembrance of that dinner and what the bread and wine were for. This was done right before his death that he allowed to happen which was to give his life as a ransom for all sinners... like you and me.
    No money would ever be asked of you or anyone who would attend. It was free you silly selfish people that all you want to do is ignore ((((( what Jesus did for you)))) and just sit in front of your silly monitor and write the empty nonsense that you do.
    How spiritually lost you are and you don't even have a clue of that fact.....
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 01:471 edit
    @josephw said
    Yes, because they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.
    This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 03:44
    @kingdavid403 said
    This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.
    It makes no difference what people claim they know. What matters is if Jesus knows you, and Jesus knows who is keeping the commandments, and he makes his abode with them and God and Christ lives with them.

There is no part of the bible where God and Christ makes their abode with those who profess faith or believe in his death and resurrection.

God is with all who do the commandments and in the end these are called blessed, and they will enter into eternal life .. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 07:57
    @galveston75 said
    Oh my. What a zoo. I posted a simple and honest invitation to your local Kingdom Hall to simply come and sit and listen to a very important public talk that very simply explains almost word for word the exact words and directions on what Jesus explained to his apostles and disciples to do in remembrance of that dinner and what the bread and wine were for. This was done r ...[text shortened]... nsense that you do.
    Some of us remember Jesus every Sunday, while others are not allowed to by their church leaders because they are not the elect.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 08:39
    @galveston75 said
    Oh my. What a zoo. I posted a simple and honest invitation to your local Kingdom Hall to simply come and sit and listen to a very important public talk that very simply explains almost word for word the exact words and directions on what Jesus explained to his apostles and disciples to do in remembrance of that dinner and what the bread and wine were for. This was done r ...[text shortened]... nsense that you do.
    If you are indeed simple and honest, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 11:17
    @galveston75 said
    How about answering some of the questions being put to you?

If I went into one of your Kingdom Halls would they dodge questions like you do, or are other JWs more open and honest?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 11:18
    @kingdavid403 said
    This is ostensibly incorrect. Most Christian churches do not assert this at all.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 12:552 edits
    @divegeester said
    This is ostensibly incorrect. Most Christian churches do not assert this at all.
    Most Christian Churches ? ha! I've never met one Christian church or Christian sect that didn't believe this about themselves. Please share one Christian sect or denomination, that does not believe that they are the ones whom truly knows Jesus and what God wants?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 13:23
    @rajk999 said
    I tell you what Jesus said, and you refute that with something a person said.
    So we have no common ground.

I believe Jesus.
    You believe the church
    I said what I said. I said it to you. You say you believe Jesus, so prove it.

You ignored what I said, and projected your mischaracterized version of what the Bible says about salvation, making salvation contingent on the performance of the believer.

Matthew 19: 23-26
    (Mark 10:23-31; Luke 18:24-30 )
    ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    ¶ When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
    ¶ But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

The question posed is, how is it possible for a man to be saved, since he is unable to save himself?

Jesus said it is impossible for man, no matter how hard he tries, to be saved, but God can. By grace through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.

That's you Rajk. You're a boaster. By preaching salvation by works you're implying that you can earn salvation by YOURSELF, suggesting that you are able to do what only God can do.

That's the biggest brag I've ever heard.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 13:36
    @galveston75 said
    It must feel terrible being targeted for posting in a public forum where you know others hold to beliefs that are at variance to yours, and expecting your "simple and honest invitation" to be received as a wonderful thing by you.

All your good intentions won't win anyone over to your heretical belief system. You got the wrong Jesus, and everyone in Christendom knows it except Rajk. He doesn't know anything. 😂
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 13:39
    @kingdavid403 said
    Obviously. It boils down to the individual. Does he know the Jesus of the Bible?

So who do you say the scriptures say who Jesus is?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 14:221 edit
    @josephw said
    I said what I said. I said it to you. You say you believe Jesus, so prove it.

You ignored what I said, and projected your mischaracterized version of what the Bible says about salvation, making salvation contingent on the performance of the believer.

Matthew 19: 23-26
    (Mark 10:23-31; Luke 18:24-30 )
    ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a r ...[text shortened]... suggesting that you are able to do what only God can do.

That's the biggest brag I've ever heard.
    I never used that expression "salvation by works". Neither did Jesus Christ nor any of the Aposltes. I have never stated anything about myself and what I do or do not do.. This is all about the doctrine of Christ. The fact that you continue to get both personal and abusive indicates that your point /argument is weak.

Your church has changed the wording of the bible to suit your doctrine. I quote Christ and here is more from Christ.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

The sheep get eternal life. The sheep are the ones referred to in Mat 25 who did good works, fed the hungry, clothe the naked, help those in need etc. they get eternal life.

These are the teachings of Chirist. You dont like it? Jesus said many will deny him and you clearly fall into that category.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 14:24
    @josephw said
    It must feel terrible being targeted for posting in a public forum where you know others hold to beliefs that are at variance to yours, and expecting your "simple and honest invitation" to be received as a wonderful thing by you.

All your good intentions won't win anyone over to your heretical belief system. You got the wrong Jesus, and everyone in Christendom knows it except Rajk. He doesn't know anything. 😂
    More personal remarks and insults directed at me even when you are not responding to me. If your doctrine was solid and it was the truth there would be no need to do that.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 14:52
    @divegeester said
    I don't know about "most Christian churches". Statistically, about half the churches, and those that attend them, don't always believe what the scriptures teach. There's a lot of people, 46%, that don't believe in the literal resurrection of Jesus Christ, but that's what the Bible says.

It's an essential doctrine, and there's whole groups of people in the cults that deny that truth.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 15:10
    @kingdavid403 said
    Most Christian Churches ? ha! I've never met one Christian church or Christian sect that didn't believe this about themselves. Please share one Christian sect or denomination, that does not believe that they are the ones whom truly knows Jesus and what God wants?
    So what is wrong with asserting that one knows Jesus?

The Bible tells us who Jesus is. If one agrees with the scriptures, then one knows Jesus.

The cults, sects, denominations, isms or schisms notwithstanding.

One would have to have limited reading and comprehension skills not to be able to identify who the Bible says Jesus is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree