1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 14:34
    Everyone here is invited to the "Memorial of Jesus death" at your local Kingdom Halls. All meetings will begin right after sunset according to your location on the planet.
    Please look up this subject at JW.ORG for more information on this meeting that Jesus himself commanded that his true followers would attend. Thanks....

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 14:57
    @galveston75 said
    Everyone here is invited to the "Memorial of Jesus death" at your local Kingdom Halls. All meetings will begin right after sunset according to your location on the planet.
    Please look up this subject at JW.ORG for more information on this meeting that Jesus himself commanded that his true followers would attend. Thanks....

You appear to be following the teachings of the Catholic Church which copied the pagan dates and rituals pertaining to Easter, and applied that the the death and resurrection of Christ.

The breaking of bread was instituted by Jesus on the day of the Passover which correctly is celebrated somewhere between April 22nd and 29th, and not on Palm Sunday which is a pagan holy day copied by the Catholics.

In any case Paul and the Aposltles did the memorial of Jesus death, weekly on Sunday which is the first day of their week.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 15:16
    @galveston75 said

A JW drove up in my driveway last week with the same invitation.

My small dog peed on his leg, well, almost. I intervened.

The meetings here are scheduled for two Sunday mornings. I opted out, but invited the young man to come over on Saturday morning. We exchanged phone numbers, but I never heard back from him.

I think because it wasn't going to be easy enough to convert the converted. I probably shouldn't have made it so difficult for him.
    I probably shouldn't have been so honest.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 15:59
    @galveston75

As an aside, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 03:21
    @galveston75 said

All well and good I suppose, but this is just an ad promoting Jenova's Witness. Other Christian denominations do this as well.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 06:461 edit
    @galveston75 said

Do we symbolically get to partake of Jesus' body and blood in remembrance of Him, as he SAID we should do, or is that only for your elites?

"Who partake?

When Jehovah’s Witnesses observe the Lord’s Evening Meal, only a small fraction of us partake of the bread and wine. Why is that so?

Jesus’ shed blood established “a new covenant” that replaced the covenant between Jehovah God and the ancient nation of Israel. (Hebrews 8:​10-​13) Those who are in that new covenant partake of the Memorial emblems. It includes, not all Christians, but only “those who have been called” in a special way by God. (Hebrews 9:​15; Luke 22:20) These ones will rule in heaven with Christ, and the Bible says that just 144,000 people receive that privilege.​—Luke 22:28-​30; Revelation 5:​9, 10; 14:​1, 3.

In contrast to the “little flock” of those called to rule with Christ, the vast majority of us hope to be part of “a great crowd” who will gain everlasting life on earth. (Luke 12:32; Revelation 7:​9, 10) While those of us with an earthly hope do not partake of the Memorial emblems, we do join in expressing thanks for the sacrifice that Jesus made in our behalf.​—1 John 2:2."

-- https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/lords-supper/
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 07:05
    @rajk999 said

In any case Paul and the Aposltles did the memorial of Jesus death, weekly on Sunday which is the first day of their week.
    Called the Eucharist, or Holy Communion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:26
    @josephw said
    A JW drove up in my driveway last week with the same invitation.

My small dog peed on his leg, well, almost. I intervened.

The meetings here are scheduled for two Sunday mornings. I opted out, but invited the young man to come over on Saturday morning. We exchanged phone numbers, but I never heard back from him.

I think because it wasn't going to be easy enough to co ...[text shortened]... . I probably shouldn't have made it so difficult for him.
    I probably shouldn't have been so honest.
    Thanks for your comment. I hope you will appreciate mine. The word convert that you seem to think really makes no sense because that does not apply to the reason that we, Jehovah's Witnesses go from door to door. If you were to really explore any and all of our books, magazines that we publish that we share ( for free) to those who we meet at their doors, you will never find that word in the sense that you are conveying. We are not looking to "convert" anyone. If one should decide that they are interested in the Bible based messages that we share, it is between themselves and Jehovah if they were to pursue their interest.
    Most churches require a certain amount of dues from their members and can be frowned upon if they don't. If this is the idea that you have in thinking we are looking to get converts to just get a money flow into our church, you are completely wrong. No one is ever required at all to give anything. I have been a JW for 60 years and not once has any elder ever said we have to give a dime.
    If this is not what you are referring to then I misunderstand your comment on "we are just looking for new converts". All we are doing is exactly what Jesus told his followers to do. And that is exactly why we come to your doors which is done with our own money to buy the gas we put in our cars to get to your doors...........
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 14:462 edits
    @galveston75

Cough cough.

As an aside, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of Himself as having come down from heaven, and because He, though passing through trial and sorrow as a man, was yet possessed of the authority and exercised the prerogatives of a God. He was the object of unreproved worship even when a babe, by the wise men who came to see the new-born King. Matt. 2:2-11. Even the angels delighted to do Him honor. "When He bringeth the first-begotten into the world, He saith, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." Heb. 1:6. He never reproved any one for acts of worship offered to Himself, but when Cornelius offered such service to Peter--the leading apostle-- "he took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man." .... Had Christ not been more than a man the same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3

Are you not allowed to talk about it or just running scared?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 15:02
    @galveston75 said
    Thanks for your comment. I hope you will appreciate mine. The word convert that you seem to think really makes no sense because that does not apply to the reason that we, Jehovah's Witnesses go from door to door. If you were to really explore any and all of our books, magazines that we publish that we share ( for free) to those who we meet at their doors, you will never f ...[text shortened]... s which is done with our own money to buy the gas we put in our cars to get to your doors...........
    Nice tangent galveston.

You didn't understand a thing I said, but like all false witnesses you took away from and added to what I said because you're training causes you to project the narrative of the Watchtower into simple dialogues with the intent of converting your hearers.

Have you ever consulted a dictionary to define the words you use?

Conversion = 1 : the act of converting : the process of being converted
    2 : an experience associated with the definite and decisive adoption of a religion

That is in fact the reason why JW's "go from door to door". The purpose for doing so is to make converts, but the purpose is far deeper than that. You do it not because Jesus said to, which he never did, but because you seek to gain entrance into the kingdom of God by your good works.

Good works won't get you there.

You're in collusion with Rajk in that regards.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 15:55
    @josephw said
    Nice tangent galveston.

You didn't understand a thing I said, but like all false witnesses you took away from and added to what I said because you're training causes you to project the narrative of the Watchtower into simple dialogues with the intent of converting your hearers.

Have you ever consulted a dictionary to define the words you use?

Conversion = 1 : the ac ...[text shortened]... our good works.

Good works won't get you there.

You're in collusion with Rajk in that regards.
    As you well know the criteria for entry into the Kingdom of God was clearly stated by Christ, but you choose to accept the authority of men. Sadly for you, there is no other authority. When Jesus returns there are two groups of people, who Jesus referred to as sheep and goats. The sheep do good works and Jesus welcomes them into the Kingdom.

[i]Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

Notice it is all about good works.

Your teaching is contrary to Christ and you are encouraging people to be goats, who do no good works. Fools follow the false doctrines and are cast out.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 16:09
    @rajk999 said
    As you well know the criteria for entry into the Kingdom of God was clearly stated by Christ, but you choose to accept the authority of men. Sadly for you, there is no other authority. When Jesus returns there are two groups of people, who Jesus referred to as sheep and goats. The sheep do good works and Jesus welcomes them into the Kingdom.

[i]Then shall the King say un ...[text shortened]... raging people to be goats, who do no good works. Fools follow the false doctrines and are cast out.
    Entering the kingdom or receiving salvation is not contingent on performance Rajk.

It's by grace.

Unfortunately, for you, you think salvation is given based on some meritorious performance.

That's where you're screwed up theologically. Just like the JW's and every other religion on earth.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 16:12
    @galveston75 said

Why does anyone have to attend one of your Kingdom Halls to commemorate the death of Christ, are JWs the exclusive holders of this sacrament?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 16:19
    @divegeester said
    Why does anyone have to attend one of your Kingdom Halls to commemorate the death of Christ, are JWs the exclusive holders of this sacrament?
    Yes, because they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 17:02
    @josephw said
    Entering the kingdom or receiving salvation is not contingent on performance Rajk.

It's by grace.

Unfortunately, for you, you think salvation is given based on some meritorious performance.

That's where you're screwed up theologically. Just like the JW's and every other religion on earth.
    I tell you what Jesus said, and you refute that with something a person said.
    So we have no common ground.

I believe Jesus.
    You believe the church

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree