Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
*Still* provided more evidence for 'macro' evolution than you have or can for the resurrection. And now you're just being boring.
Google “15 Logical Reasons to Believe the Resurrection.” Or not.

I listed some of them already.

But your mind appears irreversibly closed on the matter.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat

That's what it said.
The springs of the great deep burst forth.

Is this your knee jerk skepticism on general principle ?

Moves
30 Nov 21

The good thing about atheism is that it's not so gabby.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Google “15 Logical Reasons to Believe the Resurrection.” Or not.

I listed some of them already.

But your mind appears irreversibly closed on the matter.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
Oh the hilarity of being called closed-minded by a religionist.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

@sonship said
@avalanchethecat

That's what it said.
The springs of the great deep burst forth.

Is this your knee jerk skepticism on general principle ?
If the only issue with the biblical tale of the great flood was where the water came from, I'd be prepared to concede you might possibly have a point. And you know what, I'm perfectly willing to consider that that story is based on something that actually happened. Obviously not a global flood though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
Oh the hilarity of being called closed-minded by a religionist.
I’m not a religionist. I’m a Christian. Two different things.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I’m not a religionist. I’m a Christian. Two different things.
Lol, so you're not a person adhering to a religion, you're a person adhering to a religion? Ri-i-i-ght...

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, so you're not a person adhering to a religion, you're a person adhering to a religion? Ri-i-i-ght...
It's marketing.

But why not just own it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
I don’t think you know what Christianity’s all about. It’s not the Old Testament. It’s not about “adhering” to anything.

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

(Romans 6:14)

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”

(Galatians 5:1)

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

(John 8:36)

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 21
2 edits

@avalanchethecat

If the only issue with the biblical tale of the great flood was where the water came from, I'd be prepared to concede you might possibly have a point. And you know what, I'm perfectly willing to consider that that story is based on something that actually happened. Obviously not a global flood though.

I think there is some wisdom there in what you allow as possibility.

I realize you're not overly interested in my beliefs. But I will say that I came to the whole Old Testament through first having my confidence in Jesus established. I mean that first I got persuaded that the integrity of Jesus was above my questioning.

Then I noticed that Jesus took many things in the book of Genesis seriously. Among them the flood of Noah. I made the decision that if it was okay for Jesus Christ then it must be ok.

That is how I came to the Old Testament first through believing in the impeccable honesty, saneness, soberness, and righteousness of Jesus.

As for whether a global flood or a localized flood, I have learned not to miss the major point- Judged is Judged!

I was watching the news after a hurricane had devastated a hard working farmer's crops, flattening them to the ground. The reporter had her microphone out asking the man question. She asked him if he thought the wind was 60 miles per hour of 80 miles per hour or what. I never forgot his answer. Which in essence was:

"Flat is flat! I lost everything. It doesn't matter if it was 50 miles per hour or 60 miles per hour of 70 or 80 miles per hour. Flat is flat! I lost everything."

I don't get into debates about whether it was a flood over the whole planet or more local. JUDGED is JUDGED! That's the point.

I believe these things.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I don’t think you know what Christianity’s all about. It’s not the Old Testament. It’s not about “adhering” to anything.

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

(Romans 6:14)

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”

(Galatians 5:1)

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

(John 8:36)
If you're a christian, you're a religionist, by definition.

"Those Jesus Freaks
Well, they're friendly but
The s**t they believe
Has got their minds all shut"

(Frank, You Are What You Is 14)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Nov 21

@avalanchethecat said
If you're a christian, you're a religionist, by definition.

"Those Jesus Freaks
Well, they're friendly but
The s**t they believe
Has got their minds all shut"

(Frank, You Are What You Is 14)
Believe whatever you want, but the opinion on Christianity of someone who’s not a Christian, doesn’t believe in God, hasn’t read the Holy Bible and has no idea what Christianity’s all about doesn’t matter to me.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
30 Nov 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Believe whatever you want, but the opinion on Christianity of someone who’s not a Christian, doesn’t believe in God, hasn’t read the Holy Bible and has no idea what Christianity’s all about doesn’t matter to me.
You got one point out of four right, but well done that's still an improvement on your average.

Edit: hmm One and a half, maybe.