1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 16:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Is Christianity Genetic?

Tom, why would you persist in callously insulting the collective intelligence of RHP Members who actively participate in this forum? You've got a history of pulling this same juvenile nonsense in the general forum as well. Shame on your intellectual manhood for being incapable of mustering the courage to get an hones ...[text shortened]... a gentleman and will not under any conditions coerce your will. Choice is up to you.

.[/b]
    Because I'm a callously insulting person with the intelligence to insult the collective of RHP members (not capitalized BTW) who actively participate in this forum.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 16:54
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Because I'm a callously insulting person with the intelligence to insult the collective of RHP members (not capitalized BTW) who actively participate in this forum.
    Change.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 17:00
    Change.
    Why? You need some work?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 20:37
    Perhaps in unenlightened third world countries, pristine cultures and jungle tribes.

Name an enlightened non-third-world country where parental relgious choices do not indicate (statistically) the choice of the offspring.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 20:51
    food for thought.
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 20:584 edits
    The teaching of John's Gospel is that no man or woman can inherit the new birth by any other means except the initiation of God. It is a birth in the realm of the supernatural and not of the natural.

Right here:

"He [Christ] came to His own [the Jews], yet those who were His own did not receive Him.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." ( John 1:11-13)

That is the Christian experience is a spiritual BIRTH, an act of being "begotten".

1.) "begotten not of blood" - You cannot be a one of the children of God because your parents were believers Christ.

2.) "begotten ... nor of the will of the flesh" - You cannot be one of the children of God simply based on the exercise of the will power of the fallen Adamic nature.

3.) "begotten ... nor of the will of man" - Even you cannot become one of the children of God based on that good part of your humanity, unfallen, originally created by God and declared "very good" .

4.) "begotten ... but of God" - If God does not cause the regeneration of your human spirit you cannot have the authority to become one of the children of God. If God does not beget you in the new birth, in the born again experience, you cannot be a Christian.

The being begotten to be in the family of God with God as your Father, is of God's doing. We can only come believing in Christ and opened in our hearts to receive Christ as our Lord and Savior.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 21:44
    All of which is irrelevant as all we are saying is that statistically the greatest indicator that
    someone will identify as a member of a particular religion is if the parents of that child are
    members.
    Correlating strongly with the strength of that religion, and that of the community at large.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 21:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Name an enlightened non-third-world country where parental relgious choices do not indicate (statistically) the choice of the offspring.
    Industrialized, affluent societies in the western world.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 21:50
    So your ruling out Texas then.....
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 21:542 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    All of which is irrelevant as all we are saying is that statistically the greatest indicator that
    someone will identify as a member of a particular religion is if the parents of that child are
    members.
    Correlating strongly with the strength of that religion, and that of the community at large.
    someone will identify as a member of a particular religion is if the parents of that child are members.

Is Christianity genetic ?

No, not if by "Christianity" one means believing into Jesus Christ in New Testament terms.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 22:09
    Originally posted by jaywill
    someone will identify as a member of a particular religion is if the parents of that child are members.

[b] Is Christianity genetic ?

No, not if by "Christianity" one means believing into Jesus Christ in New Testament terms.[/b]
    I don't know why you were quoting me to answer that question.

I have said several times that there is no evidence of any religion being genetically coded for.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 22:21
    name one and show me that there is no link btween parents and offsprings religious choice
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 22:451 edit

I have said several times that there is no evidence of any religion being genetically coded for.

I quoted you to show the relevance of my comments to the thread, which you said all were irrelevant.

Let me ask you about your father if you don't mind.
    Is your biological father still alive ?
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 23:04
    Originally posted by jaywill

I quoted you to show the relevance of my comments to the thread, which you said all were irrelevant.

Let me ask you about your father if you don't mind.
    Is your biological father still alive ?
    Ah I see, I thought you were weighing in on the discussion on whether or not your parents
    religious beliefs were an indicator of any offspring's adult beliefs.

I apologise.

I might mind, it depends on where your going with the questions.
    I usually prefer the hypothetical to the personal.
    However.

My father, is alive and well.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 00:03
    Ah I see, I thought you were weighing in on the discussion on whether or not your parents
    religious beliefs were an indicator of any offspring's adult beliefs.

I apologise.

I might mind, it depends on where your going with the questions.
    I usually prefer the hypothetical to the personal.
    However.

My father, is alive and well.
    I am glad to here that. I hope my parents are alive in heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree