1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 13:59
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Evolution is a theory of its own, not core to the whatever theory you choose to believe as to the origins of the universe. Yes, the theory of origin is inclusive of evolution, but not the other way around.

Specifically of the theory of origins - Those who profess to be Evolutionists generally follow the big bang theory, or something similar. Christian ...[text shortened]... (or some say by Satan) to confuse and test man along the path to salvation.

Hope this helps.
    For many years the biologists and paleontologists have approached their observations and their data with the question "how can the observed be fitted into the theory of evolution?" By devising suitable ad hocs, and by ignoring certain hard to explain data, it has usaually been possible to fit most obsevations very plausibly into the theory.

But the theory itself has had itself punched with so many holes that it is crumbling at almost every front. A simple google search should be enough to realise this.

Dinosaur bones and fossils are very much compatible with the Biblical account of Creation. The great world-wide flood that you read of in Genesis explains all the fossils. The book of Job explains dinosaurs. So you see that it is possible for two different people to look at the same evidence and reach vastly different conclusions, based of course of their worldview.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 15:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The transition of rock to human is purely wishful thinking.
    I agree. Dust, after all, is a much more suitable medium for the Creation of Man. That's not wishful thinking, it was written down somewhere, right?
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:20
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    In the long run that's what it boils down to. Apparently there were rocks upon which it rained for millions of years until it formed a chemical soup, from which all life evolved, or so they say... 😉
    Interesting. You believe in things that aren't exactly apparent, but you deny the things that are directly observable. That's fine, but don't try and diminish the thoughts of others just because you "think" you have the answers. That's just rude.

It didn't rain on rocks for millions of years to form a chemical soup from which life arose. It was God (a really incredible bloke) who swung his wand and "boom": there's a sun. Wham: there's a moon and earth and all kinds of funny animals jumping about. Ka-zam: we've got Adam. He's an almost naked image of the incredible bloke himself (which is probably why a mear leaf is enough). No, what's he doing. He's eating an apple. It makes him smart. We cannot have that. That would mean he is no longer in Gods image. Let's throw him out of Eden, let him procreate for eons to produce a bunch of...

I guess I lost my temper with you dj2becker, but you really need to understand not everyone believes what you do.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:25
    Originally posted by stocken
    Interesting. You believe in things that aren't exactly apparent, but you deny the things that are directly observable. That's fine, but don't try and diminish the thoughts of others just because you "think" you have the answers. That's just rude.

It didn't rain on rocks for millions of years to form a chemical soup from which life arose. It was God ...[text shortened]... temper with you dj2becker, but you really need to understand not everyone believes what you do.
    Can I have a magic wand like that for Christmas? After all, God should share, it's the Christian thing to do.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 16:27
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Can I have a magic wand like that for Christmas? After all, God should share, it's the Christian thing to do.
    It certainly is. Personally, I think he's a little selfish... 🙂
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 00:47
    He's eating an apple. It makes him smart. We cannot have that. That would mean he is no longer in Gods image.

LOL!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree