1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 17:38
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If God is omnipotent, then one of his powers must include a sort of ventriloquism that can speak to human ears. Thus, your argument that his natural voice is outside of our capacity to hear is irrelevant.
    I never said that God is omnipotent. How would I know that? God is the essence of perfection. Does one need to be omnipotent to be perfect?

... --- ...
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I never said that God is omnipotent. How would I know that? God is the essence of perfection. Does one need to be omnipotent to be perfect?

... --- ...
    You first have to tell me what perfect means.

But then of couse I can ask you, Does God have to be perfect?
  3. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 19:46
    You first have to tell me what perfect means.

But then of couse I can ask you, Does God have to be perfect?
    I don't think I have to tell you what perfect means; it is not truly an ambiguous word. I will anyway though: devoid of fault or corresponding to an ideal standard.

To adress your second question we would have to examine the possibilities for the purpose or position of God. The way I see it, He is either the image of perfection or he is an actual Lord of all people in a real and quite political sense. Sinse I fail to see any evidence of the latter--not withstanding all the Bible worshippers who will jump on this and say that the sacrifice of Christ is proof--it seems to be the former.

... --- ...
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 19:53
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I don't think I have to tell you what perfect means; it is not truly an ambiguous word.

... --- ...
    If it's not ambiguous, then why did you have to ask me if it entails omnipotence?
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 20:20
    If it's not ambiguous, then why did you have to ask me if it entails omnipotence?
    Now your're just being difficult. That's okay, sometimes I enjoy being difficult too. I asked you that to inquire of your opinion. It is my opinion that is does not.

... --- ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree