Is heaven really all that great.

Is heaven really all that great.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
01 Feb 07

i think heaven is a place you create for yourself on earth, you go there when you die but it is you who chooses what exist there, one man's heaven is another man's hell... people think god exist there and only there but in fact he exist everywhere, in hell too... if he didnt that would make him incomplete

e

Moves
01 Feb 07

also, so the late pope said, accordingly to him, there is only one heaven and sex doesnt exist there, so yeah... you're right, it cant be that great

C
Dark Legend

Galaxy near You

Moves
03 Feb 07

Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
They don't have to continue on the road to hell. They can believe Jesus Christ will pay for their sins by his death on the cross or they can choose not to believe like many unfortunatley do.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which ...[text shortened]... of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

He gave us the free will to choose.
How do you explain children who do not yet understand the difference between right and wrong?
My understanding is that we are all born in sin, but is there an exception to those who never got the chance to repent?

C
Dark Legend

Galaxy near You

Moves
03 Feb 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i think heaven is a place you create for yourself on earth, you go there when you die but it is you who chooses what exist there, one man's heaven is another man's hell... people think god exist there and only there but in fact he exist everywhere, in hell too... if he didnt that would make him incomplete
Frankly, I think Hell is right here on Earth. We have to prove ourselves worthy of entering the kingdom of Heaven by following the straight and narrow path of righteousness.
I also believe that Heaven and Hell are not absolutes. Ghosts may be unrested souls that are in neither in Heaven or Hell(Earth)

d

Moves
03 Feb 07
3 edits

Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
They don't have to continue on the road to hell. They can believe Jesus Christ will pay for their sins by his death on the cross or they can choose not to believe like many unfortunatley do.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which ...[text shortened]... of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

He gave us the free will to choose.
There are people in the world who have never heard of Jesus Christ, and they live perfectly fulfilling lives anyway.
So it is an empirical fact that "the grace of God that bringeth salvation" has NOT appeared to all men.

And if all this supposed God of love has to offer... is threats of everlasting pain... then he clearly has not got the best offer. It's also an affront to human dignity.
What? God loves you but if you don't throw reason and humanity out the window then he'll let you be tortured forever?
That's psychotic.
That you would accept that and condone it is something you should question.

L

Moves
24 Jun 07

Heaven is the most wonderful place you will ever see or hear of and God made people go to Hell if they don't devot there life to God the creator of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Grantham, UK

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
Heaven is the most wonderful place you will ever see or hear of and God made people go to Hell if they don't devot there life to God the creator of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What if they've never heard of God? What about a week old baby that is killed, does it go to Hell? Please think about your argument before believing it.

L

Moves
24 Jun 07

Originally posted by DazzlerUK
What if they've never heard of God? What about a week old baby that is killed, does it go to Hell? Please think about your argument before believing it.
yes I belive that if a baby dies they will go to Heaven because God would never do that!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jun 07

Originally posted by MikeBruce
I have been thinking recently that in order to have free will... there must be good and evil.

If I goto heaven and cant sin then what can I do. Only worship god. Then im just a servent.

What about making a mistake and learning from it. As a kid I tripped over a cup on the floor and me and my sisters laughed. It was funny then. Actualy kinda hurt... b ...[text shortened]... ever been on religion and have a hard time believe that a god of love would send ANYONE to hell.
If and when you see God you won't ever want to look away!
Don't think for one minute that heaven could possibly boring.